Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember or hear of them

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
BearDad
rich71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Remember or hear of them Empty
PostSubject: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:56 am

Anyone here remember or ever hear.of the 2 bands called Oil and Gears of Redemption.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:55 am

I have Oil's "Refine" CD.  It's pretty good actually. It is really hard to find a song by them on Youtube (You try searching Youtube for "oil"!! LOL! ) but I finally did:

Looks like they finally released another CD this year, albeit with a different vocalist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_(band)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am

I can remember a band called Oil.
I've some songs of them.
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 am

I love the music, but the vocals...?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 am

Not familiar with "Gears", but I'm a very happy owner of all 3 OIL CDs. "Refine" got me totally into them, then I snagged their next release "Choice cuts from the chopping block" which was pretty good. It was their first EP self titled release that was almost impossible to come by. When I did come across one, they wanted 30 to 50 bucks !!!!  I was patient and finally found one for 15 bucks, completing my OIL collection... and YES ! I really love this band, almost every song shreds ! Lead singer has past experience from his pre-Christian band Dark Angel. Ron Rinehart has some shredding vox ! I wish OIL or a new band with Ron would release some new metal.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:10 pm

I had Refine years ago but it got damaged. Loved it never made mp3 backups
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm sure one of us can upload a copy for you.

If I recall correctly, Gears was too industrial and I didn't care for the vocals.

BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:02 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
I'm sure one of us can upload a copy for you.

As it appears to be out of print that would probably be OK, although I would go the safe route and buy it used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004T8KB/ref=sr_1_1_up_1_main_olp?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1411088465&sr=1-1&condition=used
Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 pm

I have Refine.....not always in the mood for it.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 am

To be honest, it's years and years ago I have listend to Oil's  Refine.
Back to top Go down
rich71

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 1:58 pm

If someone here that has refine would upload for me that would be nice. My email is richrkjr@yahoo.com whoever wants to can send the files there and thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember or hear of them   Remember or hear of them I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember or hear of them
Page 1 of 1