Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hear new Skillet

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
ChosenOne
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:07 pm

If you go to the music website alternativeaddiction.com you can hear the new Skillet song Hero. I must say it really rocks. Nice way of using the drummers voice in the song. This is number 3 on my most wanted list behind Stryper and Creed.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:28 am

Sounds very cool. They need to get that song on their myspace site.
Looking forward to this album.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:43 am

I got hear them do this song in concert in April when I saw them with Disciple. Great song, and it sounds like they are going to lean more towards the heavier side of "Collide" with the overall style.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:00 am

Time to listen to this Skillet song.
I'm not so familiar with Skillet.
Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

New album? Awesome! I'm still trying to wear out 'Comatose'...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:42 pm

joe61 wrote:
New album? Awesome! I'm still trying to wear out 'Comatose'...

I hear ya, I haven't even grown tired of Comatose yet. Still, it's great to see them still making music.

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Yeah,since Petra called it 'quits', about all I've got left is Day of Fire, Red, and Skillet...
Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:52 am

I haven't heard new Skillet, yet, but I still love their song, "Whispers In the Dark"!!! What a GREAT song!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:03 am

Quote :
Yeah,since Petra called it 'quits', about all I've got left is Day of Fire, Red, and Skillet...

What? No Seventh Day Slumber, Decemberadio, Disciple, Decyfer Down, or Kutless?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:55 am

www.alternativeaddiction.com

Does this help to listen to the new Skillet song?

What about Testify, Hero and Under Command?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Don't forget Letter 7, Jacob's Dream, & Thieves & Liars.
Headbang

Admin
alldatndensum

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 pm

There are still a lot of good bands out there carrying the gospel to the world. More than I can really keep up with.

Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Seventh Day Slumber, Kutless, and Disciple are ok. I've heard of Decemberadio, Decyfer Down, and Letter 7(but I haven't heard their music yet), and the rest y'all mentioned, I haven't even heard of. But, ya gotta understand- I live in an area where the only music you hear on the radio is pretty much country and hip-hop. There are a couple of classic rock and alternative stations, but they ain't very good. And... NO Christian stations, except one that only plays very bland p&w and southern gospel. SO, the interwebs are my only refuge, and I have to fight da wife & kids fer that.(I don't get out much, sorry)
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

If you're looking for some good Christian rock radio, you can find tons of awesome online radio stations at www.christiantuner.com. A few of my favorites are: http://www.christianrock.net, and http://www.cleftintherock.net. Or if you're into classic rock, you should check out http://www.therefineryrock.com. Christian tuner has pretty much any style/genre you can think of.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Sounds like I might need to send you a cd sampler. Hubba hubba

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks loads! I'll check out christiantuner.com this evening. What I really like (and can't find much of) is prog, symphonic metal with gothic overtones, 80's metal, and plain old hard rock.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:58 am

Quote :
I live in an area where the only music you hear
on the radio is pretty much country and hip-hop. There are a couple of
classic rock and alternative stations, but they ain't very good. And...
NO Christian stations, except one that only plays very bland p&w
and southern gospel. SO, the interwebs are my only refuge, and I have
to fight da wife & kids fer that.(I don't get out much, sorry)

Why do you think we're on the boards? We all came in search of other people who shared our need for music that normal Christian radio doesn't provide. We have 3 Christian stations on the air in Nashville, and none of them play what I like. If you do hear Disciple or Skillet on the air here, it's one of the slow songs. You get a lot of Toby Mac and Brandon Heath on the radio here. No hard rock--either modern or 80's, and you definitely aren't going to hear any metal.

That's why we buy so many CDs!

Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, especially since NashVegas is also called 'Music City'. We're having to rely on the interwebs more and more for cd purchases, since the 'Bible book stores' 'round here sport really slim pickins. Well, I'll be asking advice of y'all from time to time concerning different groups, and once again I'm really glad to have found this forum-y'all are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
.... We have 3 Christian stations on the air in Nashville, and none of them play what I like. If you do hear Disciple or Skillet on the air here, it's one of the slow songs. You get a lot of Toby Mac and Brandon Heath on the radio here. No hard rock--either modern or 80's, and you definitely aren't going to hear any metal.

That's why we buy so many CDs!

Yep, I live in one of the most "unchurched" states in the union. We only have one Christian radio station and they never play Disciple, Skillet or anything like that. The heaviest tune you might hear would be one of Jeremy Camps softer numbers. They also play a top 40 CCM format, which means you could completely quit listening for an entrie year, then switch it back on and hear almost nothing new.

If I hadn't found this board I probably would have given up on Christian music completely.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Quote :
If I hadn't found this board I probably would have given up on Christian music completely.

Its a good thing you found it then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 pm

A good thing indeed! Thumbs Up Bouncing smiley Headbang Rockin'
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I think there are only like 6 Christian Rock stations out there, if that many anymore. Some have rock/metal shows, like I used to have back in the day. I think most of it has gone internet radio. The station here in Dallas can be picked up on the internet all over, live broadcast. www.kvrk.com
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Internet radio is great at home, but doesn't seem to work so well in my car.
scratch

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Internet radio is great at home, but doesn't seem to work so well in my car.
scratch

Oh, so you noticed that, too...aggravating, ain't it?
Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm

You guys listen to radio.... any radio at all? scratch

I've got plenty of cds that I've only listened to a handful of time, why would I need a radio?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hear new Skillet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear new Skillet   Hear new Skillet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hear new Skillet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next