Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.

Go down 
+8
Through The Dark Radio
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
Redeemed Fool
Staybrite
metaldude
BearDad
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should I stop doing Resurrection Band Polls?
Yes! For crying out loud knock it off!
Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_lcap8%Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
No! Gimme more!
Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_lcap67%Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Meh! I couldn't possibly care less!
Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_lcap25%Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. Empty
PostSubject: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:27 pm

It was suggested in a response to my latest Rez Band album poll that perhaps there are too many polls and that members might no longer be interested. Personally, if I'm not interested in a thread I simply don't read it. However, I could think of no better way to determine how many folks feel this way by a poll!    Razz 

This one is set to run three days.  If by the end of the run there are more "yays" then "nays" and "don't cares" then I will not do any more. Otherwise, I will continue with Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu May 08, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:57 pm

You've gotta do another. Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore was my first Christian rock album. I love that one.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:56 pm

BearDad wrote:
It was stated in my latest Rez Band album poll that there are too many polls and that members are no longer interested.

RockerVu2's statement wasn't an assertion that there were too many polls but more of a question. Gotta keep in mind English isn't her first language.

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
It was stated in my latest Rez Band album poll that there are too many polls and that members are no longer interested.

RockerVu2's statement wasn't an assertion that there were too many polls but more of a question.  Gotta keep in mind English isn't her first language.

Yep, my bad.  I stated that poorly and have changed the wording to reflect that.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:07 pm

I enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

They are fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm down with them !
Unfortunately I'm not familiarized with some of their albums - though I may have them, I haven't listened to every album more than once. There's only a handful that I loved enough to listen to multiple times. Thus it is harder for me to take part in some of the more obscure album polls.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:08 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm down with them !
Unfortunately I'm not familiarized with some of their albums - though I may have them, I haven't listened to every album more than once. There's only a handful that I loved enough to listen to multiple times. Thus it is harder for me to take part in some of the more obscure album polls.

That's why when the poll starts you run and grab that album and listen to it for a few times before chiming in!

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:38 am

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:

RockerVu2's statement wasn't an assertion that there were too many polls but more of a question.  Gotta keep in mind English isn't her first language.

Yep, my bad.  I stated that poorly and have changed the wording to reflect that.

It's all cool.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:54 am

Haha the first to say 'yes'!   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

I don't own any Rez albums or know any of their songs but CHM doesn't have a "mark all threads read" option so I'll see a new post and be like "ooh what's this?!?... oh, another thread I have nothing to contribute to...  Crying or Very sad "  And then I feel the need to at least open it so I don't see any unread threads.

But seriously, go right ahead and keep making 'em!  Maybe I'll start voting on which song title sounds the coolest haha!   Wink
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:57 am

Maybe you should get some Rez albums, apostate.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:59 am

Hahahaha yeah I walked into that one...   Cool 

What's a good song of theirs that best encapsulates their "sound"?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:59 am

Or you can agree with me, Kerrick Twisted Evil

Yeah, you've still got a few albums that we don't have polls for yet.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:00 am

Ok it's settled, I'll just vote for whatever Jeff does!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:22 am

It's easiest to just agree with Jeff.

As for your Rez in a nutshell question, you might try "Armageddon Appetite" from Hostage.  (snicker, snicker)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:21 pm

kerrick wrote:
Haha the first to say 'yes'!   Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

I would expect nothing less from you.

kerrick wrote:
oh, another thread I have nothing to contribute to...  Crying or Very sad "  

My feelings for 99% of the CMR threads, especially the "on this date in whatever year such and such worldly thing of unworthy note happened."  Mad  Seriously!!??  Why should I care what secular band did what in the 80's! Take that nonsense to a forum dedicated to that type of music!!  Once in a while is fine, but every stinking day there's another one, and sometimes multiple ones in a single day!!!   Mad  Mad  Mad 

OK, rant over. Smile

kerrick wrote:
then I feel the need to at least open it so I don't see any unread threads.

No such OCD compulsions for me. Smile

kerrick wrote:
Maybe I'll start voting on which song title sounds the coolest

This would not surprise me in the least!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:26 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
It's easiest to just agree with Jeff.

As for your Rez in a nutshell question, you might try "Armageddon Appetite" from Hostage.  (snicker, snicker)

Way to go!  That'll make him buy a Rez CD for sure!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:29 pm

kerrick wrote:
Hahahaha yeah I walked into that one...   Cool 

There isn't really; that's one of things I love about Rez.  They evolved over the years without every losing that hard-rock sound, although some songs, like "Playground," flirted with the more "pop rock" sound and some, like "Armageddon Appetite", are proof that even an excellent band can have a bad tune.  Kinda like Iron Maiden's song ...  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm pretty sure Armageddon Appetite was done tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Me too, but none the less as a fan it is one of those songs that I would have preferred they not do.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 3:44 pm

BearDad wrote:
I would expect nothing less from you.

Haha ok good, at least I know where I stand! afro 

BearDad wrote:
My feelings for 99% of the CMR threads, especially the "on this date in whatever year such and such worldly thing of unworthy note happened."  Mad  Seriously!!??  Why should I care what secular band did what in the 80's! Take that nonsense to a forum dedicated to that type of music!!  Once in a while is fine, but every stinking day there's another one, and sometimes multiple ones in a single day!!!   Mad  Mad  Mad

OK, rant over. Smile

Yeah I'm with you there...

BearDad wrote:
No such OCD compulsions for me. Smile

Haha well judge all you want then!   Wink 

BearDad wrote:
This would not surprise me in the least!

I trust he'll pick the DOOOOOOOOOMiest song in the bunch, so it's probably a safe bet for me haha!

BearDad wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Hahahaha yeah I walked into that one...   Cool

There isn't really; that's one of things I love about Rez.  They evolved over the years without every losing that hard-rock sound, although some songs, like "Playground," flirted with the more "pop rock" sound and some, like "Armageddon Appetite", are proof that even an excellent band can have a bad tune.  Kinda like Iron Maiden's song ...  What a Face

Hey now, you better watch it sonny!  Haha actually I admit, Maiden's got some doosies too... particularly much of their output from the '90s.  (During that period, I actually much prefer the albums with Blaze over Bruce.)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:06 pm

^^ Definitely not doom, and definitely not the type of music RB usually did.  Like Xid said, it was likely a tongue-in-cheek song. Anyhow, for your listening displeasure:

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Sadly, I have no Rez material, except a Christian music sampler tape with a bit of a song from Civil Rites. And that's it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:05 pm

We laughed when we first heard it and then played it again.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:09 pm

You'll lose your hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.   Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop Doing Resurrection Band Polls.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next