Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

resurrection band

Go down 
+10
ishmael81
mr.electric40
messiaen77
silentthunder89
Driven
rockerVu2
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Timshell64
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:33 am

I was at a thrift store and bought some whiteheart and Rez cassettes for 50 cents. I already had a couple of Rez albums but this band just rocks. One of my favorites right now. Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:15 am

Oh ya I love Rez Band. I got to see them twice before. I met Glenn he is a very nice guy. I always wanted to go to Chicago to visit JPUSA where they live.

Timshell64
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 am

I've got nearly everything they've ever done on CD. I wish they would do a remaster of their demo "Music To Raise The Dead". Awesome stuff! I wouldn't mind a reunion album or a dozen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:08 am

Long time fan here. I've seen them live twice, once on the DMZ tour, and then again for Lament. I also saw GKB live at Calistone. We stayed at the hotel where a lot of the band members were, and I got John Herrin to sign a lot of stuff for me.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

Rez rocks ! 1st song I ever heard by them was "Reach of Love", and that sold me. I got all their albums (a few on LP), but only really care for a few songs on each album. Some songs I don't care for, they're usually the ones with Wendi on vox. Idk, just don't like her singing as much as Glenn's.

They're legends !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 pm

They are absolutely fantastic. I have most of their albums, and enjoy every one of them.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:15 pm

I only have one album of the REZ band.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I have to confess to never having heard any. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't mind Wendy singing except when she and Glenn would sing in unison. When she had a song all to herself, she definitely had the pipes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't mind Wendy singing except when she and Glenn would sing in unison. When she had a song all to herself, she definitely had the pipes.

Wendy's vocal style reminds me somewhat of Grace Slick. Not your run-of-the-mill female vocalist! You GOTTA love REZ, they were pioneers of Christian rock! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:04 am

joe61 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Wendy's vocal style reminds me somewhat of Grace Slick. Not your run-of-the-mill female vocalist! You GOTTA love REZ, they were pioneers of Christian rock! resurrection band 676823

Agreed, in their cover of Jefferson Airplane's "Somebody to Love" Wendy does Grace Slick proud....actually I think Wendy's performace is even more aggresive than Grace's (at least on that song) giving the tune some serious muscle.

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I like when Wendy sings. I think she is awesome! Here is one of my favorite songs....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:47 pm

That is a fantastic Wendy song....here is the one I was talking about

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Staybrite wrote:
That is a fantastic Wendy song....here is the one I was talking about

Oh yeah, I love her cover of Jefferson Airplane's Somebody to Love! Another song of theirs I like is this one:

Back to top Go down

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 pm

While I am a fan of REZ I must say I am not a fan of JPUSA. I think they may have had good intentions in the beginning but this whole "commune" thing is very "cultish" to me. I just don't think its right.
Back to top Go down

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:51 pm

There are good and bad aspects to the commune thing. I think they have it figured out now, but in the beginning there were some bumps on the road. Cornerstone published a history of JPUSA that was quite detailed, and not always flattering to themselves.

A girl I went to high school with lives there now.
Back to top Go down

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:18 pm

The other thing that makes me weary of JPUSA is they are listed on many nationally know cult websites as being a cult. i have also read alot of things by former members that talk about spiritual abuse and other abuses happening there including brainwashing. I am just Leary of the whole thing including cornerstone magazine. I looked at the online website of cornerstone magazine and disagreed with at least 80% of what it said in the articles...but I still like REZ's music.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

What is JPUSA, anyway?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:54 pm

JPUSA is Jesus People USA, it is the Christian commune/community that Rez comes from near Chicago. I have heard the reports you talked about BT. It has been a while since I read Cornerstone mag, but seems to me it would be considered pretty left-leaning. I do remember they broke the Mike Warnke story.

LOVE REZ!!!!

It is funny how polarizing the subject of Wendi's vocals can be. I seem to recall reading a similar thread somewhere else where everyone hated her singing, here it seems we mostly like it.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

From the tiny bit of Rez Band ("Crimes") I've heard, Wendi's vocals are cool.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 am

Me too. I think they sometimes sound like different bands depending on whether Glenn or Wendi is singing.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 am

Sorry, the peer pressure ain't working. resurrection band 362604 Still not a big Wendi fan.

Not to say I dislike all her songs, just not a fan of many of them. When she's singing, I find myself hitting the skip button sometimes to get to a Glenn song.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

resurrection band Rezmusic REZ
Resurrection Band
Music to Raise the Dead 1974 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezrain REZ
Resurrection Band
Rainbows End 1979 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezcolours Rez colours 1980 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezmom Rez Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore 1981 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezbest Rez Best of Resurrection Band
resurrection band Tape
1984 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezhostage Rez Hostage 1984 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezbetween Rez Between Heaven 'n Hell 1985 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezsilence Rez Silence screams 1988 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezinnocent Rez Innocent Blood 1989 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezcivil Rez Civil rites 1991 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezreach Rez Reach of love 1993 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezlament Rez Lament 1995 Blues, Hard Rock
resurrection band Rezamp Rez Ampendectomy 1997 Blues, Hard Rock

this is my REZ collection
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

From that list I'm only missing Hostage, Reach of Love, and Ampendectomy

Well I don't have Music to Raise the Dead either, but I had an MP3 bootleg and I didn't really enjoy it that much, and while about half of the tracks on the first two albums I don't find myself really enjoying a complete album until Colours.

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Y'all really need 'Awaiting Your Reply'! It was my very first Christian Rock album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

resurrection band Empty
PostSubject: Re: resurrection band   resurrection band I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

resurrection band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next