Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rank the Resurrection Band Albums

Go down 
+4
Fundy
BearDad
Staybrite
Dynamis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Rank the Resurrection Band Albums Empty
PostSubject: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm

What are your favorite Resurrection Band (Rez Band, Rez) albums?  Following is my top 5:

1. Innocent Blood

2. Rainbow's End

3. Lament

4. Silence Screams

5. Awaiting Your Reply
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Wow, tough one.  I didn't come to the Rez party until they were done recording as a band.  So I don't really have the nostalgia factor with any of them. 

1. Civil Rites
2. Silence Screams
3. Innocent Blood
4. Colours

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:11 pm

1. Rainbow's End
2. Colours
3. Awaiting Your Reply
4. Ampendectomy
5. Silence Screams
6. Between Heaven and Hell
7. Innocent Blood
8. Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
9. DMZ
10. Lament
11. Civil Rites 
12. Reach of Love
13. Hostage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:47 pm

1. Colours
2. Innocent Blood
3. Awaiting Your Reply
4. Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
5. Silence Screams
6. Rainbow's End
7. Innocent Blood
8. DMZ
9. Reach of Love
10. Civil Rites
11. Hostage
For Me Colours is special..it is the first REZ I ever had...someone gave me an 8 track of it when it first came out...I now have the cassette and MP3 versions and would love to find it in mint condition on vinyl...
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:26 am

I own about 6 of them, but almost never listen to them which means I can't put them in order.  The only one I keep going back to (in any degree) is Silent Screams.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 8:14 am

1.  INNOCENT BLOOD
2.  Civil Rites
3.  Reach Of Love
4.  Silence Screams
5.  D.M.Z.
6.  Between Heaven And Hell
7.  Lament
8.  Colours
9.  Rainbow's End
10.  Awaiting Your Reply
11.  Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
12.  Music To Raise The Dead
13.  Hostage

Of course, there are NO bad Resurrection Band (Rez) albums.  I only put the final ones where I did for a couple of reasons.  There are some great songs on "Hostage", but I loathe that insipid song "Armageddon Appetite".  I also ranked "Music To Raise The Dead" so low because the quality of that recording, at least what I have, isn't that great.  I wish they'd find a way to remix/remaster that album and give it a proper digital release.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 am

alldatndensum wrote:
1.  INNOCENT BLOOD
2.  Civil Rites
3.  Reach Of Love
4.  Silence Screams
5.  D.M.Z.
7.  Lament
8.  Colours
9.  Rainbow's End
10.  Awaiting Your Reply
13.  Hostage

Of course, there are NO bad Resurrection Band (Rez) albums.  I only put the final ones where I did for a couple of reasons.  There are some great songs on "Hostage", but I loathe that insipid song "Armageddon Appetite".  I also ranked "Music To Raise The Dead" so low because the quality of that recording, at least what I have, isn't that great.  I wish they'd find a way to remix/remaster that album and give it a proper digital release.

I find it interesting that you didn't include Ampendectomy, which was for Rez what "Second Coming" was for Stryper (sort-of), while I didn't include the demo.  If I were to go back and stick the demo in it would probably be at the end. I like it, and I love the bluesy style, but the production quality makes it very difficult to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:56 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
1. Colours
2. Innocent Blood
3. Awaiting Your Reply
4. Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
5. Silence Screams
6. Rainbow's End
7. Innocent Blood
8. DMZ
9. Reach of Love
10. Civil Rites
11. Hostage
For Me Colours is special..it is the first REZ I ever had...someone gave me an 8 track of it when it first came out...I now have the cassette and MP3 versions and would love to find it in mint condition on vinyl...

Colours was my first RB album as well, and like you I got it from someone else, except in cassette format. At that time heard of Petra as a Christian rock band, and I was immediately hooked.

Not to gloat, but I have every studio RB album up through Between Heaven N' Hell on vinyl, all in mint condition. Apparently Silence Screams was also released on vinyl, but I haven't been able to locate it, and I just recently ordered the 1984 "best of" release on vinyl (found it on Amazon for only $13 from a private seller!) but have not yet received it. I've changed my will to send Colours to you when I am finished with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:18 pm

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
1.  INNOCENT BLOOD
2.  Civil Rites
3.  Reach Of Love
4.  Silence Screams
5.  D.M.Z.
7.  Lament
8.  Colours
9.  Rainbow's End
10.  Awaiting Your Reply
13.  Hostage

I find it interesting that you didn't include Ampendectomy, which was for Rez what "Second Coming" was for Stryper (sort-of), while I didn't include the demo.  If I were to go back and stick the demo in it would probably be at the end. I like it, and I love the bluesy style, but the production quality makes it very difficult to enjoy.

I did not include "Ampendectomy" as I never bought it.  I don't mind hearing a band do a set of their songs acoustically.  However, most bands putting out albums like this are just repackaging what they've already done and are a shadow of the great songs they were.  I don't care it is Rez, Petra, Kiss, Bride, etc.:  the acoustic albums just lose something.  I have bought several over the years and was disappointed by them all.

This album pales in comparison to STryper's "Second Coming".  Stryper proved that they could still make those songs sing and in some cases do it better than before.  With the Resurrection Band album, you just get the feel that this is a tired collection of greatest hits from a band that is tired.  Seeing that they died off after this, it comes off as their epitaph.

Now, if they could come back and record these songs and make them rock HARDER, then we'll compare it to Stryper's album.

If Rez were to reform, I'd like to hear all the keyboard crap taken off of "Hostage" and them do those songs completely rocked out.  Now, THAT would prove they still had it.  Heck, I'd like to see them reform and put out some new tunes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
1.  INNOCENT BLOOD
2.  Civil Rites
3.  Reach Of Love
4.  Silence Screams
5.  D.M.Z.
7.  Lament
8.  Colours
9.  Rainbow's End
10.  Awaiting Your Reply
13.  Hostage

I did not include "Ampendectomy" as I never bought it.  I don't mind hearing a band do a set of their songs acoustically.  However, most bands putting out albums like this are just repackaging what they've already done and are a shadow of the great songs they were.  I don't care it is Rez, Petra, Kiss, Bride, etc.:  the acoustic albums just lose something.  I have bought several over the years and was disappointed by them all.

This album pales in comparison to STryper's "Second Coming".  Stryper proved that they could still make those songs sing and in some cases do it better than before.  With the Resurrection Band album, you just get the feel that this is a tired collection of greatest hits from a band that is tired.  Seeing that they died off after this, it comes off as their epitaph.

Now, if they could come back and record these songs and make them rock HARDER, then we'll compare it to Stryper's album.

If Rez were to reform, I'd like to hear all the keyboard crap taken off of "Hostage" and them do those songs completely rocked out.  Now, THAT would prove they still had it.  Heck, I'd like to see them reform and put out some new tunes.

Interesting. I don't really see Rez' last as an "epitaph", but rather a segue into Glenn and Roy's work with Glenn's solo career and the GKB. I agree that acoustic redo's, such as the "unplugged" stuff from MTV, are usually very pale when compared to the originals, especially since they literally are simply unplugged (no amp, piano instead of keys, etc). However, Ampendectomy has always felt to me more like an alternate reality version of Rez' previous songs, rather than redo's, like "what if we had done this as a full-on blues piece ..." album.

I do agree that comparing Ampendectomy to Second Coming may have been a stretch, since Stryper's was not a different version but rather a harder one. However, you have to compare the bands as well as their releases. Stryper was and is a hard rock / metal band ... always was, always will be. Rez, however, was always a blues band at their core, IMO. Songs like "Quite Enough", which to my understanding was actually done before Awaiting Your Reply, show where their real talent was. Sure, they could rock hard, and did sometimes, and they even had a few albums on which they did so most times, but in the end they always come back to the blues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Quote :
I've changed my will to send Colours to you when I am finished with it. Rank the Resurrection Band Albums Icon_smile

Wow, Thank you! ok, so how long ya think you have left on this planet lol!
Back to top Go down
metaldude

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

1. Innocent Blood
2. Mommy Don't Love Daddy Anymore
3. Silence Screams
4. Between Heaven And Hell
5. Colours

Strangely enough,  the one I listen to the most is Mommy...
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:28 pm

The reason I am bumping up this thread after two months is that around the first of the year I started writing an article entitled "Ranking The Rez Band Albums".  I want to first get everyone's thoughts and input before I finished work on the article.  No, the article is not yet done, but I have finished the first step, which is to write short 'mini reviews' (no more than 3 paragraphs) of each Rez Band albums, including studio, live and compilation releases.

I decided to upload the article in order to get further input (please note that the link below is one sided in that you will not find any direct link to it at the site- this is just for testing purposes).  Also, I understand that the article looks a bit plain in that all it consists of is white text over a black background (I have not yet had opportunity to add images in terms of band photos, cover artwork scans, etc).

One of my questions is what additional details (if any) do I need to add in terms of introductory paragraphs?  To be honest I am at a loss in terms of how to proceed.  Initially, my thought was to introduce the article with a band biography and then go into detail about the bands legacy- but this has been done several times over the years (the Wiki Rez Band article, for example, already includes this information- so I do not want to re-state what is obvious).

Should I just leave it 'as is' and include only the reviews with no further details?  Or should I add a couple short opening paragraphs and just offer my thoughts in terms of personal experience with the group but not go into a lot of detail about background or history?

Following is the link- thanks for reading and looking forward to reading everyone's comments and input: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/articles/rankingtherezbandalbums.html
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Quote :
I also ranked "Music To Raise The Dead" so low because the quality of that recording, at least what I have, isn't that great.  I wish they'd find a way to remix/remaster that album and give it a proper digital release.

I did not include the "Music To Raise The Dead" demo due to it never being commercially available.  BTW, earlier this week I read an interview with the band in an old issue of Heaven's Metal form the early 90's in which they were planning on re-mastering and re-issuing "Music To Raise The Dead".  Obviously, this still has not happened.

Quote :

I kink of like "Ampendectomy", but my main is concern is if I have it ranked too high in the list.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:09 am

I think that a brief opening paragraph talking about their musical legacy and why you wanted to honor that with this rundown of their career could make a cool "bookend" for this piece.

I would think that both of the live projects are too high on the list.  For me, those are pretty much "compilations" anyway and should be treated as such.  That opens up space for studio albums to be ranked higher.  But hey, I just run a message board that attracts around 20 people while your site attracts hundreds.  I am an expert, right?  LOL

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:19 am

1. Innocent Blood
2. Everything else they've done....
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:14 am

Here is my top 10:

1. Rainbow's End
2. Silence Screams
3. Innocent Blood
4. Lament
5. Between Heaven And Hell
6. Awaiting Your Reply
7. Civil Rights
8. Hostage
9. Colours
10. Reach of Love
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the Resurrection Band Albums   Rank the Resurrection Band Albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank the Resurrection Band Albums
Page 1 of 1