Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Secular band names that sound Christian

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Staybrite
messiaen77
xenonlion
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Secular band names that sound Christian Empty
PostSubject: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Not sure if we've done this before, but I find it interesting when I'm flipping thru thousands of records or CDs at a music store or thrift store and see a band that has a name that totally sounds like they're a Christian band... I get a little excited and start reading the song names, only to realize "whoa" these guys ain't Christian. Or if they seem like believers, I jump on the internet and do a little research only to find out they aren't.

Can you think of any band names that would fool someone into thinking they were a Christian band ?

Howabout:

Crown of Glory
Fifth Angel
Cain's Offering
Nazareth
Eternal Reign
Exodus
Messiah's Kiss
Omen
Seven Seraphim
Testament
Kingdom Come

What about you ? Can you think of any bands that sound like they'd be found at a Christian music store ?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Armored Saint
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Hmm....

Genesis
Lamb of God
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:56 am

Messiah
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Steel Prophet

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Savage Grace
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Holy Moses

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:36 pm

^ haha is that a real band name ??
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Metal Church
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Three Days Grace

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 pm

(On a side note -) Did David Wayne from Metal Church come to faith ? I know the band toyed with a lot of Church and Christian terms, but Wayne did a solo album before his passing, and it seems that the album is Christian, and not in sarcastic or double-meaning terms.
Anyone know about this band and/or Wayne ?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:42 am

Little Steven & the Disciples of Soul.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am

Never have confirmed about Wayne being a believer but that rumor has floated around. Vanderhoof also, he always thanks God, the Son and Holy Spirit.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
^ haha is that a real band name ??

http://www.holymoses.net/

Yes, and most decidedly not Christian.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:02 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
(On a side note -) Did David Wayne from Metal Church come to faith ? I know the band toyed with a lot of Church and Christian terms, but Wayne did a solo album before his passing, and it seems that the album is Christian, and not in sarcastic or double-meaning terms.
Anyone know about this band and/or Wayne ?

I heard that rumor from a few people as well. He was a local guy, and a few freinds of friends knew him. Not sure if he was a Christian or not, but he was partially deaf (yes kids, loud music can cause you to loose your hearing).

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 am

Staybrite wrote:
...loud music can cause you to loose your hearing.

Uh oh, you better tighten that!   Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
...loud music can cause you to loose your hearing.

Uh oh, you better tighten that!   Razz

lol!  gotta love those unintentional spelling foibles.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Haha I'll never forget the drawing I made in middle school or junior high of an alien launching a giant missile at Earth (not sure why I drew it, but I thought it was funny I guess!).  On the missile it said something to the effect of, "eat this loosers!"  My teacher saw it and pointed that out, making sure to make known who the real "looser" was hahahahaha.  He had a good sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:18 pm

That's hilarious.

I sent a professional memo out to an Architect once and in the text was the phrase "32 omcjes". He sent me back an e-mail and asked (quite seriously) what an "omcjes" was. I had to tell him that my right hand had been moved over (towards the right) by one key on the keyboard and that what I had typed was supposed to be "32 inches". Some 8+ years later and my office partner never lets me forget that one.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Here's Wayne's solo album. Even Encyc Metallum says lyrical content has Christianity in it. Hope he was saved.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wayne/750
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Here's Wayne's solo album. Even Encyc Metallum says lyrical content has Christianity in it. Hope he was saved.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wayne/750

He also released a few albums under the name "Reverend" I don't know about the lyrical content of those as I don't think I have ever heard any of them. I was a huge fan of that first Metal Church album that he did.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Reverend/458

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 am

I had some Reverend albums given to me by someone who said they were Christian. After some lyric reading, I decided they were slightly sympathetic to Christianity at best, but were largely just your average rock band with some strange lyrics here and there.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:14 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I had some Reverend albums given to me by someone who said they were Christian. After some lyric reading, I decided they were slightly sympathetic to Christianity at best, but were largely just your average rock band with some strange lyrics here and there.

That doesn't surprise me.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Avenged Sevenfold
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:05 pm

That's weird that you just typed that ^ - I JUST listened to a song that came on a shuffle a friend gave me, and it was A.S. - my 1st thought was "that sounds like a Christian band" HA !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secular band names that sound Christian   Secular band names that sound Christian I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secular band names that sound Christian
Page 1 of 1