Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live albums

Go down 
+2
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I have noticed there aren't to many live albums by christian metal bands. It seems like live albums are slowly becoming a thing of the past in both secular and christian music. (I remember back in the 70s and early 80s everyone did a live album or 2 or 3 or etc...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm

To be honest, I never cared for live albums. The sound quality was almost always sub par with the studio releases.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Apologetix is releasing a raw live album this month...

oh yea, they're not metal... and they're not popular either.... nevermind
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 am

Quote :
To be honest, I never cared for live albums. The sound quality was almost always sub par with the studio releases.

The only live album I still like is Intense Live Series Vol. 3
Randy Rose.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:

In the Christian music world this is more than likely due to the recording budget. If bands like Bride, Guardian, Whitecross had a recording budget like the secular world for live recordings more people would like them

Back in the 70's and 80's some of my favorite albums were live. KISS Alive I and II, Frampton comes Alive, Ted Nugent- Double Live Gonzo, Iron Maiden- Live After Death, all had sound and energy that was awesome and at times were better than the studio albums.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am

(don't forget Cheap Trick Live at Budokan)
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 pm

For me it depends on the band and the recording. I love Rez's Live Bootleg and Twenty: Live but don't care for some others. I always thought the recording quality of Barren Cross's live album stunk.

Stryper's Live in Puerto Rico stinks but 7 Weeks Live in America is great - and they're practically the same set list...

Now, blues and jazz live? That's a whole different ballgame.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

Now, blues and jazz live? That's a whole different ballgame.

You are correct on that, Jazz and Blues are always better live.
Back to top Go down

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Quote :
Back in the 70's and 80's some of my favorite
albums were live. KISS Alive I and II, Frampton comes Alive, Ted Nugent-
Double Live Gonzo, Iron Maiden- Live After Death, all had sound and
energy that was awesome and at times were better than the studio albums.
Quote :
(don't forget Cheap Trick Live at Budokan)

Live albums 676823
Strypers live album is pretty good. So is the one by Rez...
I will say that alot of secular bands from the 70s and early 80s put out fantastic live albums....many having awesome heavier versions of the hits and awesome guitar solos...
Makes me wonder if the christian bands would quit promoting themselves as "christian" band and just be rock bands (who spread their beliefs..which is all secular bands are doing) if we would see more money and effort put into some of these bands. Also I see churches these days pouring tons of money into sunday morning light shows, music and other attention grabbing things..maybe they should pour some of this money into christian rock bands that tour.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm

Quote :
..maybe they should pour some of this money into christian rock bands that tour.

I have often thought the same thing. If several churches in an area got together and supported these bands, may'be they could do it full time and support their families as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

I have never been much of a live album fan (even back when I just listened to secular music). I do own a few of them though and I actually prefer Leviticus' Live "Bobfest" album to most of their studio albums.

Live albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live albums   Live albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live albums
Page 1 of 1