Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PM for OOP albums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PM for OOP albums Empty
PostSubject: PM for OOP albums   PM for OOP albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 10:43 am

** if anyone is interested in this, please communicate via Private Messages only:

First: Only out of print albums that are impossible to find, and cost a fortune on ebay.
Second: There's no way the artist/band/label can currently make money off the album(s) anymore.
Third: If anyone, especially mods, have a problem with this thread even in one Iota, please shut 'er down.

Submit your request for an impossible to find album, cassette-or-vinyl-only release via PM's only.

This is not an open file sharing thread- rather it's goal is to share only impossible to find stuff. If you're request is for something still available from the artist or a re-release is available, we will refrain from sharing.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PM for OOP albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: PM for OOP albums   PM for OOP albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 pm

I don't want to be the "nay sayer" or the "goody two shoes" in class that ruins the fun for all the students, but I think this plan is a recipe for disaster.  While I know you are being careful to avoid any legal/moral/ethical/spiritual/(name your own "-al" Smile ) issues, and while I'm sure your heart is in the right place, and even if you yourself never share anything but OOP material, you are opening the doorway for others to start doing the same thing. If that happens it will only be so long until someone shares something that is still licensed and the whole community pays the price.  

It's also possible that you will share something you think is OOP but really isn't. I once made files from Rez' Music to Raze the Dead demo tape available here, but when I learned that some of the songs are available on Grrr Records' Music to Raze the Dead compilation I deleted the files from my Dropbox server.  At the time that I shared them I thought they were OOP, but later discovered they weren't.

I think this idea is nice, but something best left between individuals via PM or email, rather than on an open, public forum. The debate over the "right or wrong" of file sharing will likely continue forever, and until it is 100% assured as being "OK" it is something Christians should not do. When in doubt, don't

OK, the booing and hissing may now commence.  [ ducking from the stage ]

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PM for OOP albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: PM for OOP albums   PM for OOP albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 3:20 pm

OK, here it goes Very Happy

. . . . or maybe in PM Very Happy

Last edited by Through The Dark Radio on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PM for OOP albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: PM for OOP albums   PM for OOP albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Beardad has a good idea there...  

Anyone interested in the concept behind this thread may continue all communications via PM.

I will accept PM's for any albums that fall within the guidelines. 

Leave this thread dormant. Keep it completely private.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PM for OOP albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: PM for OOP albums   PM for OOP albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PM for OOP albums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: