Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I don't usually like live albums, but....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I don't usually like live albums, but.... Empty
PostSubject: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 12:26 pm

.....this time I'll make an exception!

Today, I received in the mail Lincoln Brewster's "All To You....Live" CD. I've wanted it for 2 years, but there was always something else I wanted. So, a few days ago, I found a new copy for $5.15 at Amazon. So, I ordered it!

Lincoln is one of those worship leaders that I really love. His music has a lot of energy, and his voice really seems to show his passion for the Lord. But, Lincoln also knows how to throw down some mean lead licks. So, while not necessarily "hard music", this is worship that has a rock edge without really getting heavy.

So, with this CD, Lincoln focuses mostly on new songs. The few cover tunes he does are songs written by other worship leaders. This really captures Lincoln's ability to write great worship songs and craft a fun tune as well. This also showcases Lincoln's guitar ability. No wonder he used to play for Steve Perry (former frontman for Journey).

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 3:33 pm

That sounds very interesting.
I only have some songs of him, but those I have I really like.
Worship with a rock edge that's what I like.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Is it time for another Trans-Atlantic music rescue?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:18 am

That would be very awsome.
I would love to get a new Trans Atlantic music rescue with worship with a rock edge.

I am listen to "Unveil" of Jeff Deyo and really enjoy this CD.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:28 am

I'm not big on live albums either... I've only liked 4 live albums in my time:
Cheap Trick: Live at Budokan (which I do not have nor listen to anymore)
Scorpions: Worldwide Live (which I do not have nor listen to anymore)
Deliverance: Intense live series
Die Happy: Intense live series

That's about it.

The Mylon LeFevre: "Live Forever" album played a big part in my early walk... he talks a whole bunch and what he says really spoke to me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:

Die Happy: Intense live series

I always forget about that one (and the Rose "Intense Live" album) when I'm thinking about my live albums. Those Intense live albums were all recorded live in the studio. The bands are so good that if it wasn't for the inbetween song chatter, I don't think I ever would have known it was recorded live (well except for the title, duh).

One my favorite live albums is Leviticus "Live at Bobfest". Probably because Peo sings on all those songs, and I like him so much better than the previous Leviticus vocalists. The album was also my introduction to the band, so I sure that has had some influence.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 2:53 pm

The Rose "Intense Live" album is one of the coolest live albums.
I'm not a fan of live albums, but this live albums sounds great.
It contents a great version of "On My Knees".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't usually like live albums, but....   I don't usually like live albums, but.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't usually like live albums, but....
Page 1 of 1