Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!

Go down 
+7
Staybrite
ishmael81
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Xid
BearDad
alldatndensum
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! Empty
PostSubject: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 9:16 am

What new albums are you getting in the new year?  We use the term "album" as it is a broad term applying to various types of releases whether it be a CD, download, or LP.  Maybe you even collect cassettes or 8-track tapes.  It doesn't matter!  Let us know!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Albums RELEASED in 2017? I don't know yet, I am gonna try and jam less secular stuff and focus on the pretty decent Christian catalog of music I have so I need to see who is releasing stuff this year.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare - vinyl (pre-ordered)
Saint - Hell Blade - vinyl (pre-ordered)
Demon Hunter - Outlive - CD (Pledgemusic)
The Letter Black - new album - CD (Kickstarter)
Cloverton - new album - CD (Kickstarter)
Seven Kingdoms - Decennium - CD and vinyl (Kickstarter)

I also plan to buy the new Signum Regis album, Decennium Primum, on CD and probably vinyl, if the release it as such. They have announced that mixing is done, so the actual release should be soon.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 4:32 pm

Oh yeah! Demon Hunter-Outlive, I forgot that one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh - Identity Crisis
Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh -Death Of Giants

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 6:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh - Identity Crisis
Gold, Frankincense, & Myrrh -Death Of Giants

You got them, eh? How are they? I noticed the EP has at least one song that's on the LP; are they all? I found their web site, where they have the CDs available, so I'll probably buy hard copies. By the way, did you realize they're sisters? 

https://www.facebook.com/thegfmband/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Two of the songs on the EP are on the full length but the remaining 4 are different.

I did realize that the two girls up front are sisters.  The drummer in the video appears to be a boy, though.  These two girls come off as a bit more metal version of Barlow Girl.  I wish they could pick up a lead player instead of just doing breakdowns.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 7:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Two of the songs on the EP are on the full length but the remaining 4 are different.

I did realize that the two girls up front are sisters.  The drummer in the video appears to be a boy, though.  These two girls come off as a bit more metal version of Barlow Girl.  I wish they could pick up a lead player instead of just doing breakdowns.

I also thought the drummer in that video was a boy, at least at first. However, based on their interviews and band history at their web site it's always been the youngest sister. I think it's just because she's so young, only 12 right now. There are lots of long haired kids that can pass for either sex at that age, or even older for that matter! LOL!

I went ahead and ordered the CD. I figure what the heck; worst case scenario I don't listen to them very often. However, I think I'll enjoy the music more than I do the videos or interviews; in the latter they are definitely teenagers... how they talk, act, etc. But if I don't have to see them as much as hear them I'll enjoy the music more. 

I agree that some lead work would be nice, but they like the "core" sound. They even list RED as one of their influences, and in one of the songs I've heard I can definitely tell. They mostly write their own stuff, although they admit that their dad helps out a lot.

Either way, I'm impressed. If they are sincere in the convictions (and slapping the tag "Christian" on your music genre isn't exactly a wise marketing ploy if you're just about making money) I hope they go far. "Core" or not they are talented.

Last edited by BearDad on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 pm

BearDad wrote:
Deliverance - Weapons of our Warfare - vinyl (pre-ordered)
Saint - Hell Blade - vinyl (pre-ordered)
Demon Hunter - Outlive - CD (Pledgemusic)
The Letter Black - new album - CD (Kickstarter)
Cloverton - new album - CD (Kickstarter)
Seven Kingdoms - Decennium - CD and vinyl (Kickstarter)

I also plan to buy the new Signum Regis album, Decennium Primum, on CD and probably vinyl, if the release it as such. They have announced that mixing is done, so the actual release should be soon.

holy buckets! If you'll note my list above, I indicated that I have pre-ordered Saint's Hell Blade on vinyl. What I didn't say is that I didn't pre-order it from Roxx, but from someone that posted to a Christian heavy metal group on Facebook saying he'd have ten of them available, providing an email address. I responded, noting that the email address was "armorrecords@ ...", thinking "cool, from the actual record company." I got a response from the guy saying he had two left and he'd let me know when they were available. Today I got an email from him asking if I wanted it signed, because he's "meeting the boys tomorrow." How cool is that!?

But wait, it gets better! He didn't identify himself in the first email, no salutation or anything. However, this last email came from Richard Lynch himself. Way cool.

It's good to be connected. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:03 am

Yep, Richard is really good about doing stuff like that Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:20 am

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this one or not, considering Ted's whole "I'm the new Noah" attitude as of late, but I'll be getting the new Tourniquet CD in March. At least I think I'll be getting it; the last Kickstarter update was last September!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Saint Hell Blade vinyl. Not too bad; typical Saint I guess. I've never heard this one; still need to get the CD.

Evergrey The Storm Within. Secular melodic power metal rather than the usual straight-forward power metal I normally like, bit it's not bad. It seems to have an 80's flair to it, probably due to the extensive choral-style keyboard use..
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 am

BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I also thought the drummer in that video was a boy, at least at first. However, based on their interviews and band history at their web site it's always been the youngest sister. I think it's just because she's so young, only 12 right now. There are lots of long haired kids that can pass for either sex at that age, or even older for that matter! LOL!

I went ahead and ordered the CD. I figure what the heck; worst case scenario I don't listen to them very often. However, I think I'll enjoy the music more than I do the videos or interviews; in the latter they are definitely teenagers... how they talk, act, etc. But if I don't have to see them as much as hear them I'll enjoy the music more. 

I agree that some lead work would be nice, but they like the "core" sound. They even list RED as one of their influences, and in one of the songs I've heard I can definitely tell. They mostly write their own stuff, although they admit that their dad helps out a lot.

Either way, I'm impressed. If they are sincere in the convictions (and slapping the tag "Christian" on your music genre isn't exactly a wise marketing ploy if you're just about making money) I hope they go far. "Core" or not they are talented.

I will agree with all of that.  They definitely have talent and plenty of bravado by jumping into the Christian scene even as an indie band.  They will have more control of their art that way and can focus more on ministry if this is what they desire. 

As teens, they are extremely talented, but still have room to grow.  It will be exciting to see how their music unfolds in the future.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 am

Michael Cutting - Unspoken
Faith Head - Faith Head
The Hero - Miracles

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:46 am

Alter Bridge - The Last Hero. This band is the non-Scott Stapp Creed members with Myles Kennedy as vocalist.

alldatndensum wrote:
Faith Head - Faith Head
The Hero - Miracles

I've been meaning to get The Hero; I'm friends with the guy on FB -- I liked a comment he made somewhere and next thing I know I'm getting a friend request. Talk about desperate! Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 am

BearDad wrote:
Alter Bridge - The Last Hero. This band is the non-Scott Stapp Creed members with Myles Kennedy as vocalist.
Alter Bridge is what Creed was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm

BearDad wrote:

alldatndensum wrote:
Faith Head - Faith Head
The Hero - Miracles

I've been meaning to get The Hero; I'm friends with the guy on FB -- I liked a comment he made somewhere and next thing I know I'm getting a friend request. Talk about desperate! Very Happy.

Make me a decent offer and it is yours.  I didn't care for it.  It is a lot more "gothic" in sound than their previous releases and it just didn't strike my fancy.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:18 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:

alldatndensum wrote:
Faith Head - Faith Head
The Hero - Miracles

Make me a decent offer and it is yours.  I didn't care for it.  It is a lot more "gothic" in sound than their previous releases and it just didn't strike my fancy.

I didn't know they had other ones. I've never been able to find out anything about them except what Roxx Productions has. One of the reasons I've been holding off is because I can't get it for less that $17 online, which IMO is too much for a CD I haven't heard yet. I don't typically do digital DL, but I've been considering it for this one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm

I sent you a PM about that The Hero CD.

As for new releases, I got some downloads today:

Zach Williams & The Reformation - Electric Revival
Joe Lewis Band - Love From A Distance
Joe Lewis Band -Good News Blues
Joe Lewis Band -Grace, Faith, & Blues

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare (vinyl)
Pylon - Homo Homini Lupus (vinyl)
Saint - Hell Blade (vinyl)
The Hero - Miracles (vinyl)
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Xid wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Alter Bridge is what Creed was supposed to be.

Not surprisingly, I hear some similarities to Creed in a couple of the songs. What is surprising is the similarities to some of Journey's more recent stuff with Arnel.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I will agree with all of that.  They definitely have talent and plenty of bravado by jumping into the Christian scene even as an indie band.  They will have more control of their art that way and can focus more on ministry if this is what they desire. 

As teens, they are extremely talented, but still have room to grow.  It will be exciting to see how their music unfolds in the future.

These came in the mail today; looking forward to listening to them tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Four Star Revival - The Underdog (EP)

Headbang
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 2:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
BearDad wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

So this is totally unrelated but a funny story.

I remember when MTV premiered Hanson's MMMBop. I was with two buddies (we were all 16, I think) and one of the guys' younger brother (13 or 14). We were watching it and commenting on how much it sucked - it still does...

Anyway, the younger brother was like "That drummer chick is hot!" and we all laughed and told him it was a guy. It took us about 10 minutes to convince him it was a guy and what finally did it was dialing up on their computer's modem and looking it up. Then we teased him about liking dudes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!   NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ALBUMS FOR 2017!!!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next