Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An idea for all of us...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

An idea for all of us... Empty
PostSubject: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I have been thinking alot about fasting ever since the thread came up. I have not done it in awhile..and really didn't see much reason to.
In my latest magazine from In Touch with Charles Stanley he has a whole article on fasting. I guess maybe I never really understood the idea or how holy of an event it is. (I was never really taught much about it) With the condition our country and the world is in, the elections coming up, the struggles we have all been going through and the approaching holiday season I was thinking maybe now would be a good time for all of us to fast from something for 14 days. In addition we will each pray for all the other members here and the struggles we are all dealing with. The fast will start when you read this thread...just post a response naming what you are giving up. I hope everyone will participate.
I will start...For 14 days I am giving up all secular music. I won't listen to, buy, watch on tv or read about online or in magazines any secular music. I will only listen to and discuss Christian bands. Very Happy (This may not seem like a big deal to some of you but I can assure you giving up all secular music is a huge thing for me)
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 am

I'll do this too.

I'll fast soda. Working almost 70 hours a week I consume massive amounts of soda and end up not being able to sleep when I have the oppurtunity. Maybe if I skip the Coke I'll sleep better.

And I will definately pray for you nice folks here at the board.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Great idea....no I gotta come up with something worthy to surrender. I'm thinking maybe music altogether for two weeks.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 pm

I kinda fasted from the computer (but not from the iPhone) all week, to concentrate on schoolwork and music.

I do need my phone for communication with family, but maybe I should give up using Facebook (except for important messages) for a couple of weeks. That way I could avoid seeing US political posts and teenage-angst stuff. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea for all of us...   An idea for all of us... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An idea for all of us...
Page 1 of 1