Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Letter Black.......Bad Idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Letter Black.......Bad Idea Empty
PostSubject: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:33 pm

I just got notice that female fronted modern rockers "The Letter Black" are releasing a new album.....sort of.

What they have done is remix most of the music from their 2010 album "Hanging On By a Thread" and are releasing it as "Hanging On By a Remix". I am less than pleased.....and not just because I don't like remix albums. I don't think I would be too upset with this if it wasn't for the fact that they have released 3 Eps, and only one other full length album in the last two and a half years, and not a single one of those releases included all new material. As a matter of fact the song "Hanging On By a Thread" appears on 4 of the last 5 releases. This is over exposure of the same recorded material to the over-saturation point. The only "new" song on the new remix album is an electronica cover of the song "Dream On" (from the secular band Aerosmith).

As you may have already guessed I am going to pass on this one (although I might download the cover song.....just not sure yet).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm not getting this. I usually just don't do remix albums. Period.

With their last several EPs of very little original stuff and this, it looks like the label is fishing to make money off this band. That is probably so that they can warrant doing another. It would not surprise me that, if this doesn't sell well, to learn that The Letter Black was dropped by their label.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm

I heard the cover of Dream On at a festival a year or so ago. It's actually pretty good, even including a couple of her signature screams. I'd buy it (just the cover tune that is).

EDIT: Never mind, I just listened to a sample and realized it was a remix too...I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

On the other hand, I think they may be recording a brand new album finally. They posted a studio video saying they were just about to enter the studio. So hopefully they'll have some NEW material out pretty soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:15 pm

That kind of sucks, though. I don't like many modern bands, but this one deserves to be heard. They remind me of Halestorm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Letter Black.......Bad Idea   The Letter Black.......Bad Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Letter Black.......Bad Idea
Page 1 of 1