Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD

Go down 
+2
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

"The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD Empty
PostSubject: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:04 pm

This is going to be a 100 Volume CD set* created over a loooong period of time by none other than the brilliant minds that make up CHM !

I'm starting with a clean slate and Ix-Naying Volume 1 and 2.
Since Volume one was not created by CHM-ites, and volume 2 didn't work out as a "ballad" album - good songs, but not sure what we could title it.

We'll get back to those and possibly use them in another way.

I shall start VOLUME 1's own thread now. 

* ambitious aren't I ?

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:11 pm

What's the theme of Volume 1???  Maybe it should be a culmination of each member's single most favorite Christian metal song ever?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Oh never mind... I just saw the other thread.   Cool
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:15 pm

It's prayer - BUT I TOTALLY LOVE your idea !! That's gonna be volume 2 for sure !!!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Musically complex?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Is that a recommendation for a compilation of songs ? Not being a musician, I'm assuming you mean songs that are very technical and well written ? Am I on the right track ?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:25 am

You can do ones based on the evils of alcohol, abortion, restoration, the devil & demons, etc.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Is that a recommendation for a compilation of songs ? Not being a musician, I'm assuming you mean songs that are very technical and well written ? Am I on the right track ?

You are on the right track. Very Happy Although, the sad thing is that I'm struggling to come up with any songs. I'd say Breathless Wonderment, which is a suggestion for almost any of the mixes (Razz), because of the intro riff, which is in the odd time signature of 17/8. Also, a few Deliverance riffs (like Deliverance and Attack from their early days, and Screaming and Cause & Effect from AASB) and Trytan riffs (notably Nowhere) have some interesting time changes.

Although, I'm not sure if it would bewitch the listener to hear all the weird timings… Razz
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:37 am

A volume of songs about death Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:40 am

I think it's a great idea if we can get at least 10 recommends when I start that thread... I'd love to listen to a various artist album with such songs. It'd be very cool.

I also wanted to say, I'll be creating some basic cover art to go with each album (and uploading them to Mediafire or one I just signed up for called "MEGA")
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
You can do ones based on the evils of alcohol, abortion, restoration, the devil & demons, etc.

That'd be good!  I think spiritual warfare should be its own, as there's lots to choose from in that realm!  I like the idea of the devil too.  Perhaps an album of his plight/judgment/losing of the war?  That'd be pretty cool!

This might be a little more difficult... but what about the 10 Commandments?
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 11:17 am

Trains. Songs about becoming new. Light.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Hmm… How about Hell? It would be a depressing playlist, but it's an idea. Songs like The Seventh Power - Everlasting Fire.

Or, how about Unusual Topics? Subjects that are less common in Christian metal? Like Stronghold - Barabbas (POV of the man who was freed because of Jesus and the crowd).

And we can't forget Heaven. Daniel Band - Paradise and Party In Heaven, King James - Heaven Is For Everyone, His Witness - Party's In Heaven, Vision - Mountain in the Sky (I think), and probably something from Jimmy Hotz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD   "The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The CHM Mix" collection IDEA THREAD
Page 1 of 1