Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"other" boards

Go down 
+8
rockerVu2
unworthy
Readi_Sketti
messiaen77
Driven
Staybrite
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
unworthy

unworthy

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2012-06-08

"other" boards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 pm

semantics can be fun.. but can also be damning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourniquetfan.net/me/
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I think many atheists join Christian boards because the Spirit is already drawing them to Himself without them even being aware.

The arguements and debates come from the sinful nature fighting the pull of the Spirit......

..but some of them are just trolls looking for a fight.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 am

I think plenty of atheists join christian boards because christians join them in an attempt to convert them.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 am

Quote :
1. Why do unbelievers get all ruffled when they're on sites DEDICATED to Christianity ?
Why do they try so hard to change us, and why do we try so hard to
change them ? That's NOT the Great Commision. We are merely to present
truth and if someone rejects truth... let 'em reject it and move on. If
someone's chosen, they will respond to the simple Gospel at the time
it's presented or later down the road when they decide to quit fighting
it. But nobody's been converted cuz we kept beating someone who's mind
is already made up.

A lot of non-believers do come to these types of boards for a while looking for something real. But, it's hard to really share Jesus online because it is so impersonal. Many learn to just sit back and discuss the music.

But, you can often tell by the attitude and posting style of these guys when they join a forum if they are there to seek the truth or to tear down believers. We've had a couple of them at the CMR lately that were this way and we gave them the boot. We did it, not because of them being atheists, but because of their own admission that they were there to just cause division.

As long as Christians have free speech, we are going to have non-believers try to verbally attack us online. It's just something we have to deal with.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm

I think there's been several good points made but I want to add that it doesn't bother me that unbelievers visit the boards. I think it could be God leading them.

What bothers me, especially at CMR, is the amount of believers who refuse to stick up for the Bible and what they claim they believe. There's a ton more posts on the SECULAR Metal threads than in the Theology or Prayer/ Praise sections. Isn't that backwards?
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 pm

well most people view the "theology" section as just a debate forum and avoid it like the plague.
Back to top Go down
Readi_Sketti

Readi_Sketti

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't mind a good discussion, but in the forums ppl always get so fired up.....
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Readi_Sketti wrote:
I don't mind a good discussion, but in the forums ppl always get so fired up.....

what exactly are you implying here??!?!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 pm

unworthy wrote:
well most people view the "theology" section as just a debate forum and avoid it like the plague.

Bingo, I have spent so much time on boards trying to defend the bible that I have mostly just given up on people who bash God (or the bible) on-line.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 am

I'm the same as Staybrite. I used to debate in the Biblical forums, but in the end it generally seemed to be rather pointless, because all it would bring was some kind of frustration or anger from either party - both Christian and nonChristian alike.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 am

there's nothing like a good discussion/debate .. but if neither side hears the other...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 pm

I have come to the conclusion that debate and discussion are 2 different things. I think debate is a waste of time and discussion should be limited to everyone stateing their thoughts or opinion and answering any questions others ask and then everyone agrees to disagree on some issues and move on. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Agreeing with all comments here.
Back to one of my initial thoughts: The Titles of these forums is "CHRISTIAN" - therefore it seems an automatic thing for an unbeliever to be uncomfortable should they hang out in a "CHRISTIAN" forum.

It'd be like a 100% believer in Christianity going to a forum called heavy metal/rock atheists. We may be able to discuss music and other things... but we would be a lamb in the midst of wolves. Our goal wouldn't be to simply hang out and ignore all the atheist stuff, our convictions would eventually have to come out and affect our time in such a forum. I guess I'm just trying to see this from the opposite perspective.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I came from that "Christian" board (you all probably know which one), and what I experienced left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I will not slander the board or their staff. But I will not participate on a Christian board where my Christian values get me scorn and mockery not only from non-believers but other Christians as well.

Signed,
the guy once known as Sword of the Heretic
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Exactly Joker. I won't talk bad about Arttie or the other mods (mainly cause they post here - j/k) but I got pretty upset at one point. I had a guy actually tell me that my views on the Bible disgust him and people "like me" are the reason so many people don't want to be Christians. That hurts, and it was from one of the bretheren... I don't get it when stuff like that happens.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 pm

most christians are simply out of touch with what christianity actually is.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

I kinda want to be a theologian, but disrespectful debaters make me not want to go into that domain. I like discussing theology with people who want to discuss because they want to share some ideas, not with those who insist their view is right. After all, who actually holds the absolutely correct view?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 pm

If you didn't think that you're view was absolutely correct why would you believe it to begin with? Personally I am 100% convinced to my very core that the view I hold and is taught by my church is correct ..otherwise I wouldn't believe it all.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Quote :
After all, who actually holds the absolutely correct view?

I believe I have a margin for error in peripheral Biblical beliefs and ideas that are not black and white in Scripture. But as for the essentials, Christology (the Nature, Person and Work of God as He has revealed Himself) I know I am 100% absolutely correct. I can say that not only cuz it's clear in the Bible, but I've spent years studying so that I CAN know for sure. This is why study is so important, and not just reading.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 pm

you also have to remember semantics... and their fun game.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:29 pm

(Boy I miss the multi-quote feature).

A bunch of good points I want to weigh in on. I agree with what unworthy said at the top of this page: many Christians have lost sight of what Christianity is really all about. What I infer from his statement is that as a result, we push our version of Christianity and shut out and shoot down all the rest. I think the most underused skill in theological discussions is listening. Most of the time, we come into a discussion with our minds made up and we only hear what other people say in terms of how we disagree with it. It gets even worse when we start labeling people and their beliefs, because then we can say "oh, so you are a _______" and not actually have to even listen to what they say because we have our preconceived ideas about what "those people" believe. I hate when people ask what denomination I am not because I am ashamed of my affiliation, but because as soon as I say on the internet that I attend a UM church, so bozo starts grilling me about some belief John Wesley expressed at some point in his life and how I reconcile that with whatever point of orthodoxy they think it conflicts with. I believe I can agree with some views people hold without buying into the total package. I also believe what I believe is true, but I also hold open the possibility that I could be wrong about some things. Not the core "Apostles Creed" type issues, but some of the peripheral issues.

And then there is unworthy's "semantics" issue. I think bt and I have discovered through much (at times heated) discussion that we share a lot of the same beliefs regarding salvation and sanctification, but when we start throwing out labels for those beliefs it all goes to pieces.

It all comes back to basic courtesy and respect. Our first responsibility as Christians is not to be theologically correct and browbeat people into agreeing with us, it is to love God and share that love with other people.
Back to top Go down
unworthy

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 pm

Like I said when I first came to the "other board" .. I believe in foundational theology and as far as I'm concerned that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 am

Quote :
It all comes back to basic courtesy and respect. Our first
responsibility as Christians is not to be theologically correct and
browbeat people into agreeing with us, it is to love God and share that
love with other people.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
It all comes back to basic courtesy and respect. Our first
responsibility as Christians is not to be theologically correct and
browbeat people into agreeing with us, it is to love God and share that
love with other people.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I was thinking pretty much the same thing, well said Messiaen. Theology is important, but if we don't share God's love with others it is worthless.

unworthy

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:55 am

what was that he said in 1 Corinthians about love?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "other" boards   "other" boards - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"other" boards
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next