Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Other Christian music boards ?

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Hardkore
dale434445
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Other Christian music boards ? Empty
PostSubject: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I quite enjoy discussing Christian music here at CHM as well as CMR, however, these boards are clearly focused on hard music, metal, hardcore and everything in between. (which, btw, I thoroughly LOVE)

What I would like to know is if anyone is aware of any similar boards out there that focus primarily on Christian CCM, Alternative, light rock, pop, etc ?

If there's one or more boards out there like this, I'd love to hang out there too (as I have a large passion for all genres of Christian music) - if there isn't one, I'd really like to start a forumotion board dedicated to these lighter genres, but have no idea what it entails.

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom for me on this ?
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:42 pm

If you start one, I would definitely visit it.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Not familiar with any right off hand. It's been awhile since I did a google search for forums.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 pm

I think there are a few band dedicated forms. I ran into one for the band Avalon a few years ago, but I haven't seen a board dedicated to general christian rock/ccm

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

The boards at JesusFreakHideout are more CCM aimed.  But, with that, keep in mind that the average age of the posters there is around 12.  I posted there some, but just lost interest.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:52 am

I have a vision for a board that's all encompassing, for those who like many genres of Christian music, whether they're 12 or 62, from P&W to AOR, from Pop to Rap... I really would love to see an entity like this...
Guess when I finish the HM project maybe I can look into such an animal. Not sure how to start it or even how to fish for people.... hmmm, we'll see....
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 am

I'd come by, if you started one...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 am

ishmael81 wrote:
I'd come by, if you started one...

Ditto!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:30 am

I'd check it out for sure.  I don't know how much I'd post as I seem to be listening to less and less CCM right now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Will check it out, I'll go for the hard christian music.
We support you Guilty/Forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:33 pm

I seem to be getting into '80s pop and AOR more and more… like Crumbacher…
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:17 pm

There is a 'sub-forum' at Christian Forums in which a lot of CCM gets discussed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 am

There is also a room here where that can be done as well.  You just might be the one to start the topic, though.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:23 am

That's a very good idea.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:15 am

Yeh, that thread has been a cool place to post stuff and read up on bands that don't fall into the hard rock/metal category. I like it, it's just not on the grand scale as I'm envisioning.
I'd like to have one that was huge, an all inclusive site including stickies and concert, and, in the syle of Firestream: a Christian music "vault" complete with info and member comments.

Idk, just something I think would be cool.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:04 pm

I see.  While some of that stuff would be cool, I don't have the time to devote to compile all that info and put it together.  I know--you weren't asking me to.  That would be something better left to someone with better organizational skills than I have.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Yeh, it's something that I can't shake, I'd like to do something like that.. and I know I could, but do I really want to add something that large to my plate ?

I love my home here and it will always be my first hang out.  I just keep thinking of creating something like I've been talking about here.

You know what would be cool ? To create a CHRISTIAN MUSIC DATABASE that's all inclusive - and in Firestream vault style, make it so people can add comments and additional info on bands and albums.

If I created something like that and let you peruse it, maybe you could consider linking to it as an extension of CHM ? Kind of like CHM's "own" music vault ? Only thing is, it would contain more than just Hard Music... sooooo I'm not sure that CHM would want an "affiliation" with a database that contains Dallas Holm and Sandi Patti ? Idk, what's your input ?
What's everyone's input ?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Let's throw this around, before throwing it out Laughing
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 pm

What does "all inclusive" include? Concert dates (past/present), gear, demos, albums, alumni, ...? Links to live and demo bootlegs? Cool facts?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Perhaps all of the above, excluding music downloads (I'm not gonna do all that work just to have some mucky muck come along and shut the whole thing down even though DL links are OOP or demos)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Christian music boards ?   Other Christian music boards ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Christian music boards ?
Page 1 of 1