Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Other Boards

Go down 
+5
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
silentthunder89
Staybrite
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I took a look at the new CMR for the 1st time in forever. While there I wandered to other boards that people on CMR are on as well, and kept this journey up till I had been through 7 or 8 different boards -mostly secular. I noticed a lot of people post at multiple boards. How does one keep up with multiple boards ? I barely have the time to keep up with the goings-ons of CHM !
I also noticed how other boards 'down-talk' Christian rock/metal or Christians in general. I was reading at one board that was talking about CMR being hacked, and many were pretty much glad they'd been hacked ! What's with people ?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 pm

I still frequent the CMR as well as my home here at CHM. I used to also post at a board called United in Christ, but it kind of died out a few years ago, and I quit posting there. I was the co-founder of a runboard site called "Harmony" until just about a year (or so) ago, where I tried to get 7 different Christian board owners to combine forces into one larger board. After about a year several of the admins left (for one reason or another) and the board evolved into a site inhabited by an atheist and a few others with odd views of the bible....I got tired of trying to keep the bad theology at bay and posted my farewell. I think they keep me posted as a token Admin, but I haven't looked at a post there in over 6 months

Regarding the trash-talking about Christians or Christian rock/metal....For some reason people seem very judgmental towards others. And thanks to the "political correctness" movement over the last 15 to 20 years it has become fashionable to bash Christians.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

I post rather frequently over at indievisionmusic.com. I don't know if you could really call it a "board" or not, though. They post music news and band up dates there, although not everyone can post topics. Only moderators and members with privelages can post topics. So I guess it's more of a blog when you think about it (although they do have a forum there). You can submit tips to stories to Brandon, the moderator and they'll credit you in the post. Whenever I see something that sparks my interest I'll post my two cents. But they have a much wider range of genres that they cover (from rock to hardcore to folk to rap to even electronic/dub-step/techno). And then of course once every full-moon or so I'll post over at Jesus Freak Hideout.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

I mostly do CHM and CMR. That's generally enough for me. I do pop in at the Groundspeak forums occasionally (for geocaching topics/help) or the Garmin forums for help topics. Other than that, 2 message boards and Facebook is obsession enough.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:47 pm

I post here and on the heart of metal board. I used to be at the CMR but left because I got tired of the theological arguments. I listen to both Christian and secular bands so I do not mind being on secular boards. Its not just Christian bands that get bashed on secular boards...they bash each other over secular music also. This board (CHM) is the first board I have ever been on where there wasn't lots of fighting and bashing. Its such a relief.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:18 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I post here and on the heart of metal board. ....

I lurk at the HOM board on occasion. But I have to confess that the vast majority of music they discuss is just a little too heavy for my tastes.

brokentulsa wrote:
...... This board (CHM) is the first board I have ever been on where there wasn't lots of fighting and bashing. Its such a relief.

I absolutely love that about this place. Most of the only threads that have come close to being "arguements" get tamed down (or shut down) really quick. A few people have been shown the door because of their arguementative posts.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:14 pm

CHM is my home, but sometimes I post on CMR but not ver often anymore.

Quote :
This board (CHM) is the first board I have ever been on where there wasn't lots of fighting and bashing. Its such a relief.

That's what I like too.
I can't remember that we have had fightings on CHM in all those years I post here.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Quote :
indievisionmusic.com

I love that site. I get a lot of good info there as well as some great downloads.

Also, as far as the peacefulness of CHM, I love it. I remember a lot of heated ones at Firestream many years ago when I used to hang out there. Having only been here at CHM, I'm not familiar with arguing that has gone on elsewhere. I did notice that CMR's Bible discussion area starts out with a comment about how they're gonna have a fresh start without all the arguing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 am

I used to frequent quite a few forums but since then have simplified things. Now I usually only post at CHM or CMR for music.

I used to post at Firestream before it got hacked and everyone disappeared even when they brought it back. It has been awhile since I was at the Stryperforum.

For other interests I post at 2 movie related forums and a Alabama Crimson Tide forum.
Back to top Go down
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:08 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I post here and on the heart of metal board. I used to be at the CMR but left because I got tired of the theological arguments. I listen to both Christian and secular bands so I do not mind being on secular boards. Its not just Christian bands that get bashed on secular boards...they bash each other over secular music also. This board (CHM) is the first board I have ever been on where there wasn't lots of fighting and bashing. Its such a relief.
Yep same here I got dove on by one of mods over there on CMR over a disagreement on a subject and got fed up with it. I am a State Chairman of a Political Party and don't have time to go to a Christian music board that I was consistently in a fight with a mod on. I have enough firefights to deal with with what I do in the real world including some face to face that get REALLY hairy! I just said adios to that board had my membership deleted walked away and never looked back. On the other hand hanging around this board has been REALLY cool Other Boards 676823!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm on CMR, CHM, Facebook, and pretty much no where else. I used to be active on a Mac news forum, but kinda dropped out as I got more into metal.

CHM and CMR are two great places for their own reasons. CHM is a smaller group of people, and thus more intimate, while CMR is a big place with a wide variety of members. Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Quote :
CHM and CMR are two great places for their own reasons. CHM is a smaller group of people, and thus more intimate, while CMR is a big place with a wide variety of members

I'm with yuh - agreed
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:17 am

I use CHM mostly and then CMR for just reading stuff. Other than that I check out facebook once in a while. But I would love to do more though time never lets me. That's why quite often I miss a thread (like I did today about metal styles). I pop in most days at CHM, read the top four or five threads and then I have to run.

Out of all the websites I go to CHM is the one I like the best. Even though the numbers are small(ish), the people are great.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 pm

That is definitely one of the things I like about CHM. It is small enough that I can keep up with every single thread. I have to pick and chose what I want to look at over at the CMR because I don't have hours and hours to read all that stuff.

Guilty/Forgiven

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Quote :
I have to pick and chose what I want to look at over at the CMR because I don't have hours and hours to read all that stuff.

I'll second that !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Boards   Other Boards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Boards
Page 1 of 1