Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
silentthunder89
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! Empty
PostSubject: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 pm

When I was 13, I became a fan of "Weird Al" Yankovic. I have every CD he has put out in his sick, twisted career. I know...I am a nerd and always have been. I can live with that. Anyway, nearly 30 years later, I am finally going to see "Weird Al" in concert in Nashville's historic Ryman Auditorium. I actually am only 4 rows back! I doubt most people would be that impressed, but "Weird Al" is both a great comedian and musician. I haven't been this excited about a show in ages!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Awesome! Have a great time!! Speaking of concerts, I'll be watching P.O.D and Brian "Head" Welch at a free show in Ashland, KY on Saturday! Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! 737924
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:06 am

Hey that's very cool.
Have a cool time there and this time no sinus headache to spoil your fun.
I've listened to some songs of Weird Al and liked them.

I know Skillet and I Am Empire are playing in Germany I'm not sure if I will go this time.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I am a nerd and always have been.

or, "White and Nerdy?"
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:15 am

<-------------- JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

I saw Al at one of our local fairs more than a decade ago. Many may not know this but is a excellent musician, and a really smart guy.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 am

The show was hysterical! There were costume changes for almost every song, and there were tons of video clips to watch to give the band time. He did most of his newest CD "Alpocalypse" and lots of classics, too. The highlight of the show was when he did his song "I Want To Be Your Lover". He was dressed in this really bad pimp outfit and came out in the crowd to "flirt" with women in the audience. He got right up in my wife's face for about 15-20 seconds and moved on to others in the crowd. The audience was howling! After hitting a couple of other "victims" in the crowd, he came BACK to my wife! My wife did manange to get some decent pics from the show. I'll try to get them up when she gets them edited.

Oh, and our seats were only 3 rows back instead of 4. The diagram on Tickemaster's website was wrong!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Sounds like you had fun, Alldat. Did he do "White and Nerdy"?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:55 pm

Definitely! With that one being a huge hit for him, he'd almost have to do "White and Nerdy". The video to the song played in the background while the band performed it. Al even rode his Segway out on the stage.

Back to top Go down
PouncerW

PouncerW

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

The first song I remember ever hearing Al do was "Eat It" I was rolling on the floor laughing. No matter how silly the songs got, it made me smile to the least. Glad you enjoyed the show.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Definitely! With that one being a huge hit for him, he'd almost have to do "White and Nerdy". The video to the song played in the background while the band performed it. Al even rode his Segway out on the stage.

That's darn cool.

Did he say "Satan eats Cheese Whiz"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!   Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to see one of my childhood heros tomorrow night!
Page 1 of 1