Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night

Go down 
+4
silentthunder89
rockerVu2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night Empty
PostSubject: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Yes, I'll be in Nashville, TN seeing the mighty Stryper in action at the Wildhorse Saloon. I'm looking forward to a good show!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:26 am

Your bragging.

But that's ok. Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night Icon_lol

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:42 am

Somebody had to buy tickets. They made me. Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night Lol

Actually, that's what I asked my wife to get me for my birthday.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 pm

That's so cool to see and listen to Stryper.
I hope you have a good time.

We bought tickets for the show in January.
I'm so looking forward to this show.

I hope they play cool songs.
Tell us how it was please and if Timonthy gains plays the older Stryper songs.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:29 am

First of all, let me review the 2 opening bands: Manic Drive and Flight Patterns.

Manic Drive used to be a rock band that I really liked. They have added a lot of keyboard tracks and added a dance kind of feel to even the older songs. They just plain suck now, and the crowd did not respond well. Unless Manic Drive seriously head back to the rock territory, I won't buy anymore music from them.

Flight Patterns, the band of Michael Sweet Jr., was on next. They are a pop-punk band similar to Stellar Kart or Reliant K. If you like those two bands, just buy their CDs. You will hear nothing new from Flight Patterns. They were just bland, and the audience did not seem to care. For me, those were the 6 longest songs I have ever had to endure. Why in the world Stryper will not hire better opening bands beats the heck out of me! They could have taken Saint or Guardian or a number of other bands on tour with them, but they bring us crap!

Anyway, I wasn't there for the opening acts--I was there for Stryper. The boys finally hit the stage at 9 PM and played for about 1 1/2 hours. They played a lot of songs from "Murder By Pride" and the crowd loved the tunes. They played some from every album except for "Against The Law". They even did one song from "Reborn".

Here's the songs I can definitely remember:

Loud N' Clear
Winter Wonderland
Soldiers Under Command
The Rock That Makes Me Roll
Reach Out
To Hell With The Devil
Calling On You
Free
Honestly
The Way
Rockin' The World
More Than A Man
The Reign
Open Your Eyes
Eclipse For The Son
4 Leaf Clover
Piece Of Mind
Alive
Murder By Pride
My Love I'll Always Show

Tim was on bass and sounded as good as ever on both the old and new songs. I like Tracy, but Tim just has a different energy on stage. He was definitely excited to be playing in Nashville!. Oz seems to be singing more, and his voice is probably stronger than Michael's these days. Both Michael's and Oz's solos were tight and ripping! Robert was....well, Robert! The Visual Timekeeper was up to his usual antics and having the most fun of anyone on stage! But, he always seems to be! Michael did not go for many of the screams, and the ones he did do seemed to be pre-recorded. There were even some times where he would just stop singing in the middle of a verse and run off to the side of the stage. I'm wondering if his throat is giving him trouble.

But, regardless of some vocal flaws, Stryper on their worst day is still better than many bands on their best. It was cool to see the Yellow n' Black Attack back in action!

Oh, and on a side note, I got to meet Troy Thompson of Bride there. He had driven down from Louisville to see the show!

Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:34 am

Very awesome Alldat!!! And you know the only reason they chose Flight Patterns to open for them is because it's Micahael Sweet Jr's band.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:55 am

Meeting Troy had to be cool. Wonder if there were any other artist in attendence since it was in Nashvegas
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:23 am

Ohhhh this sounds like I wanna see the Stryper show too.
I only think I'm not going to meet Troy Thompson.
I've met Troy in 2001 in Germany when I saw Bride playing.
You talked to Troy?
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Good review. Looking forward to seeing Stryper in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
bigjtink

bigjtink

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Dynamis, I will be at the Vegas show. We should meet up? Shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 pm

I wonder if the shows Stryper will give in Europe are the same shows as in the US.

Have a great time there Dynamis and bigjtink.
"Murder by Pride" is my favorite song from the CD.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:27 am

Can't see them for the tickets in my area are sold out. Feel so sorry for myself. Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 am

Well, I can tell you that you are missing out. These guys might be getting some age on themselves, but they still have "it" live!

Does that make you feel better, 777rocker?

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 am

Marc, I'm sure it doesn't help to tell you how great it was or make some videos for you with the digital camera.

Sorry to hear the tickets are sold out.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:35 am

Thank you all for your kind words in this hard time for me. I'm sure I'll see them all "Live in heaven" with the band of angels ;-)

Yvonne, I would appreciate any video footage! Maybe they play christmas rocknight one time in my life. It's only my 25th in a row this year and there are 40 more to come I guess Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night 737924
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:44 am

I make as much video's as I can for you and try to get the autographs of the Stryper members.

That would be very cool when Stryper comes over for the CMR or Legends of Rock.
Invite Bride and Whitecross too.
That would be awesome.

Give me your favorite Stryper songs.
Then I will make a video of those songs for you Marc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night   Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna See Stryper Tomorrow Night
Page 1 of 1