Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! Empty
PostSubject: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 8:52 pm

Petra is doing a 50 anniversary tour in a few select cities of which Nashville is one.  My wife bought me tickets to attend the show which is so exciting seeing that I have never had the opportunity to see them play live.  I know that the band has John Schlitt, John Lowry, and Bob Hartmann playing together, so I am hoping for a lot of late 80s and early 90s songs.  I do wish Ronnie Cates and Louie Weaver could be part of this, but they aren't.

There are two opening bands,.  One is called Not Ashamed.  They are actually from Lebanon, TN which is just a couple of miles down the road from Watertown.   They are a worship band, but I didn't like their samples online.  They didn't sound very good to me.

Next up is Devin Williams.  He started off with a band called Mouthpiece and later went out as a solo artist.  While he had the chops and songs to have been signed, he seems to have remained as an indie artist and kept making music as he could.  I have always liked his style, so this will be a great opener for the legacy band that Petra is.

I have a guy from church going with me.  I have invited several people to go with me, but everyone seems to keep backing out.  So, I decided to ask one last one before just going to the show alone.  So, at least I will have someone with me that I need to get to know better and will enjoy the music as well.

I'll tell you all about it after the show.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Fundy, MikeInFla, Xid and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 8:47 am

I'd really love seeing that line up with Schlitt & Hartmann.  I hope they knock your socks off!

Fundy and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2022 1:36 pm

Man, I'd love to be there.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2022 11:51 am

It was a great show!  Bob still has the chops at 72!  John's voice sounds good, but he was having some allergy issues.  John Lawry was amazing on keys as well!

They played quite a few hits and did two medley's of songs to try to get 50 years of material into the set.

I wish I could have seen them in their heyday, but I was honored to get to see this legacy band that has inspired many!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Xid, Normaniac and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2022 2:06 pm

That's so cool to see Petra playing life.
Rock on there.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2022 2:12 pm

Now as far as the other two groups:  Devin Williams put on a good set.  He is like the Christian version of Nickelback for the most part.  I do like his voice, though, so I was already a minor fan of his.  I don't listen to him often, but he know what he does and does it well.  It translated well to the stage as a four piece band.

The next up was Not Ashamed.  I am not exactly sure what you would describe them as.   They called themselves a worship band, and some of their lyrics were pointed that way.  But, they were a little rock, R&B, and a smidge of funk thrown in and that didn't seem to work all that well for me.  They have a new album coming out and I will check out samples when it releases.  If it seems as disjointed as their set did, then that would be a pass for me.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2022 8:50 am

Sounds like overall it was a pretty good show. Really cool that you got to see Petra with Schlitt before they completely call it a day.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!   Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally gonna see Petra tomorrow night!
Page 1 of 1