Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pointyguitarz

Pointyguitarz

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. Empty
PostSubject: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 am

Did anybody catch "That Metal Show" with Michael Sweet of Stryper? It was very enjoyable but what was looming was that Jani Lane of Warrent was also a guest. Jani sat next to Michael and while Michael Sweet is on the lean side, Jani was very thin and looked gaunt. The episode was dedicated to Jani Lane as he had died shortly before it was aired on television. Faster Pussycat singer Taime Downe was also a guest, He joked about getting a Stryper bible at a concert but that it burned up when he touched it. He also looked ran over hard and put out wet.

Michael looked great and shared his heart a bit while doing the show, plus he was enjoying himself. On the "Stump the Trunk" contest, a young lady asked Eddie Trunk what the related acronym to the letters of Stryper meant. He went down in flames,"no pun intended". She was wearing a cool Stryper shirt to.

I still thank the Lord for Michael Sweet and Stryper. They have been a huge blessing in my life since I first got to know the boys, Janice Sweet, and Daryn Hinton clear back in 1984.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:13 am

I will see if I can catch it on demand. As for the three guests, how many of these "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" types from the 80s look about 20 years older than they are now as opposed to the "clean" ones? Lifestyle catches up with ya eventually. It is sad really.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:55 am

I wasn't able to catch it but I wanted to. I have seen some recent pictures of Taime and he does look pretty rough, certainly someone who could use some prayer.

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I wasn't able to catch it but I wanted to. I have seen some recent pictures of Taime and he does look pretty rough, certainly someone who could use some prayer.

I know it was just on again about an hour ago, but it may come on again this week before the new episode on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 pm

If you wanna catch the show, you can watch it in it's entirety right here:

That Metal Show with Michael Sweet
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks for the link ST.

My wife and I watched in last night. Nice to see Michael handle himself with more decorum than some of the other guest/hosts.

PostSubject: Re: Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.   Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched "That Metal Show" with guest Michael Sweet tonight.
Page 1 of 1