Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lyrical Interpretations #2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Lyrical Interpretations #2 Empty
PostSubject: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:24 pm

The Choir - Restore my soul

- Graphically Poetic, pretty easy to understand, but worthy of discussion. Do you see anything deeper in the illustrations ? What's your take ?

I call to you
With one lung exploded
From breathing the dust of the earth
With my tongue eroded
From licking the crust of the earth
A tear away from reconciled
A prayer away from whole
Restore my soul...

I cry to you
With two eardrums blistered
From laughing with preachers of night
With my vertebrae twisted
From dancing with creatures of night
A day away from sanctified
A breath away from whole
Restore my soul...

I crawl to you
With ten fingers smoking
From turning the pages of sin
With my spirit choking
From earning the wages of sin
A bridge away from justified
A step away from whole
Restore my soul...
Back to top Go down
Timshell64

Timshell64

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Guilty/Frogiven I just realized you are from Yucca Valley I spent 4 years at the marine base in 29 palms. I was in Yucca allot. I hope it has improved since I was there lol

Timshell64
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm

What stands out to me (and probably really obvious to everyone else)...is the sinner searching/longing for Christ. He has choked on the sinful earth, and longs to be delivered from the wicked sinfulness of this "world" because it is killing him.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Agreed. The person in the song has hit the bottom and is wanting to rise up and realizes that Christ is their only hope--thus the "call/cry/crawl to You". They are seeking refuge in Jesus at their lowest point of desperation.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Very cool interpretations. Right on !
I see the aspects of taste, hear and touch - experienced the world, sowed to the flesh and reaped destruction as the Word says. He's just a prayer, breath and step away from that which could free him from his low state.

Quote :
Guilty/Forgiven I just realized you are from Yucca Valley I spent 4 years at the marine base in 29 palms. I was in Yucca allot. I hope it has improved since I was there lol
Timshell64

Hey, we may have rubbed shoulders and never knew it ! Not sure how long ago you were here, but Yucca is Yucca... improved? idk. We recently got a new(er) Rite Aid and a Sonic. Crime is about the same (Sheriff calls in the newspaper are about 70% "psychiatric intervention" and 30% drugs)...Despite it all, I love this area and couldn't imagine living anywhere else in the world (ok except maybe Hawaii). Semper Fi and thank you for your service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lyrical Interpretations #2   Lyrical Interpretations #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyrical Interpretations #2
Page 1 of 1