Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Re issue and remaster problems.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Re issue and remaster problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re issue and remaster problems.   Re issue and remaster problems. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:01 am

Remastered, rereleased, reissue, remixed and more re words.
They drive me nuts.
Is anyone able to explain me more about a reissue, a remaster and a rereleased CD.
What's the differance between a reissue and and remix?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Re issue and remaster problems.   Re issue and remaster problems. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 am

Reissue & re-release = same recording coming out again with no changes other than maybe cover art, liner notes, etc.

Remix = Same base material but mixed in a different manner so vocals or guitars are more out in front. Many singles are released this way (with several mixes) so a station can pick which mix best fits their format. Sometimes a remix means a totally new song almost, a la the recent Jet Circus dance mix.

Remastered = Same original recording but with various processing done on it to make it sound better than it did originally. However, there's only so much you can do to overcome a poor source recording.

Rerecorded = same base material but they replaced some or all of the tracks with newly recorded ones. Thus, the new version might have most of it from 10 years ago and a guitar solo (that may not be identical to the original) from just a few months ago though you would normally redo the whole thing if possible. Normally rerecording is the better option than remastering, but it takes much more effort and cost.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Re issue and remaster problems.   Re issue and remaster problems. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks, this really helps me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re issue and remaster problems.   Re issue and remaster problems. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re issue and remaster problems.
Page 1 of 1