Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Ok nobody else is jumping in with another band for this cool idea Fundy started.

So I'm going to pick a shorter one. Sacred Warrior only has 4 studio albums to their credit, and most people who have been listening to Christian Metal for a while probably have at least one of them. Some come on and let us find out what your favorite Sacred Warrior songs are.

RebellionSword of Victory, this was actually the last Sacred Warrior album I got. I really love the bands sound but the production quality on this album held it back a little for me. I would love to get the recent remastered cd.

Masters Command – Many Will Come, this was the first SW album I ever got, I was a relatively new believer when I found a used copy of this at one of my local record stores. I played it non-stop for several months.

Wicked GenerationMinister By Night, interesting but cool album by this band. I listened to it for more than a year before someone told me it was a concept album. There are a few tracks I could live without but over-all a great album.

Obsessions – Cannot pick a single favorite song from this album, “Wings of a Dream”, “Obsessions”, “Fire From Heaven” and “Madman” are all fantastic tracks, by far my favorite SW album.

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Sacred Warrior is one of my all time favorite bands (at least to come out of the eighties) so I'll go ahead and tackle this first:

"Rebellion" - Two songs stand out: The title track, with its cow bell driven instrumental section, and the semi-progressiveness of "The Heavens Are Calling". Ironically, I think this is Sacred Warrior's best produced album.

"Master's Command" - "Evil Lurks" has a dark and haunting feel that perfectly matches the Sacred Warrior sound. Plus, Bruce Swift nails a killer guitar solo (listening to it right now).

"Wicked Generation" - This is one of those concept albums in which all of the songs hold up well when listened to collectively but individually it is difficult to pinpoint a standout track. So I am going to have to pass.

"Obsessions" - "Mad Man" is one of those songs that is perfect in every way. I enjoy the touch of progressiveness but the melody stands out equally well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:45 am

As I was listening to the remastered Rebellion in the car coming home from work this morn ,It felt like I was listening to it again for the first time. It had been soooooo long since I heard it. I just don't listen to cassettes any more. Plus I wore them out.

Rebellion~ Mad,Mad World

It's been awhile since I listened to the next two so I'll put what I remember the most which will probably be what I enjoyed the most.

Master's Command~Beyond the Mountain and Holy,Holy,Holy

Wicked Generation~ a harder,heavier,edgier SW~ Minister by Night

For some reason I never did get Obsessions so I will def be getting this when it gets remastered.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Give me more time.
I just started to listen to the music of Sacred Warrior.
Need a bit more time to "know" the albums before I can give a favorite of each CD.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:13 pm

The lyrical messages in SW's music are all very, very good; so I approach a question like this by looking at the songs that musically interest me the most. With that said....

Rebellion - "Master of Lies" - one of the best hooks in any metal song by any band ever!

Master's Command - "Bound in Chains"

Wicked Generation - "War Torn Hero"

Obsessions - "Wings of a Dream" - the first song I ever heard by this band, and to this day perhaps my favorite song by them. I just love this song.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Wow lots of diversity in favorites with this band.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2563
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 pm

I was listening to this again today and Stay Away From Evil just was like Wow!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Agreed, they really don't have any bad music IMO.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I think musically their weak point was Wicked Generation. The songs are written well, but I'm not a big fan of the guitar sound on this album. I also wish that Obsessions had been better produced. It sounds sometimes like I'm in a tin can listening to it. Rebellion and Master's Command were the best of the four strictly from a production standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album    Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sacred Warrior song from each album
Page 1 of 1