Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
REF

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2023-01-06

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork Empty
PostSubject: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 5:23 pm

In thinking about artwork for the album cover, I was wondering if you all knew of artists into that kind of thing, any you have worked with for your own covers and art. I know what I want, I can "see" it. I just need that talented person to recreate it. 

Back in the 70's, little did we know young Ioannis Vassilopoulos would become an internationally known cover creator for very well-known bands. I'd kind of like to have the same situation today; offering a young, talented artist in school or at home, busy creating and dreaming, some exposure to get them started, which would be far broader than what existed back in the 70's, with Fjords. I think it would be cool. 

If you are or know of someone like that, please, get in touch with me.
Back to top Go down
https://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 9:34 am

Scott Waters at No Life Til Metal.

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 12:10 pm

REF wrote:
In thinking about artwork for the album cover, I was wondering if you all knew of artists into that kind of thing, any you have worked with for your own covers and art. I know what I want, I can "see" it. I just need that talented person to recreate it. 

Back in the 70's, little did we know young Ioannis Vassilopoulos would become an internationally known cover creator for very well-known bands. I'd kind of like to have the same situation today; offering a young, talented artist in school or at home, busy creating and dreaming, some exposure to get them started, which would be far broader than what existed back in the 70's, with Fjords. I think it would be cool. 

If you are or know of someone like that, please, get in touch with me.

While you might find musicians to network with you and donate their time, people who are extremely good at creating cover art, designing CD booklets, etc. are probably going to want to get paid.  The workman is worthy of his hire.

With that said, I would look up John Cassandro on Facebook.  He did a CD booklet for me and did a great job.  He hasn't done a lot of this type of work, but he is good.  He might charge you, but he might do it much cheaper than someone more established would.  John does a show called Warriors Night Out that plays Christian rock and metal.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
REF

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2023-01-06

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 3:46 pm

My intention is for all people involved to get a cut of the royalties. I'm not working with even a small "budget." Certainly the laborer is worthy of his hire. I remember we gave Ioannis a couple hundred dollars for his work. He was around 18 at the time. Was what we could afford in the budget we had. We had to choose B&W because of production costs. The whole project cost around 5-6k back then. Imagine. 

I do like the idea of giving a talented young person some exposure and financial increase. 

I have to leave all of this in God's hands.  I'll do all I can and leave the walls for Him to push over. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a fb account. I'll check his page out though.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Artwork
Page 1 of 1