Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Newsboys recording under way

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Newsboys recording under way Empty
PostSubject: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Quote :
NEWS SOURCE: Me In Motion, a Jesusfreakhideout.com Report
July 4, 2011

On Sunday, Newsboys vocalist Michael Tait returned to the studio for the first day of tracking vocals for their next studio project. Me In Motion
front man Seth Mosley, who is also one-half of the writing team Write
Bros, who have been working with the Newsboys for the past few years,
tweeted yesterday, "Here we go! Day 1 tracking some out of this world
vocals with @michaeltait7 @newsboys record comin up!!" from his account,
@SethinMotion.
While we haven't heard details on a projected release date yet, the
band is headlining Winter Jam's first-ever fall tour this year, so we
can probably expect to hear some new material then (if not an EP or full
album release before the end of the year?).

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am

When there are samples available I will listen.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:43 am

I don't think it will be too long to wait for samples with Michael already in the studio working on vocals. That's usually the last part most bands do are the vocals. I bet they are wanting to get this out this fall with Newsboys headlining the first ever fall tour of Winterjam.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am

scratch Ok, if it is a Fall tour, how can it be "Winterjam"?

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:19 am

Staybrite wrote:
scratch Ok, if it is a Fall tour, how can it be "Winterjam"?

Maybe it's really "LastChanceToJamBeforeWinter-Jam
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:25 am

Maybe it's going to keep going well into winter. I didn't name the tour. lol!

I think it will be cool to see what this band does with its sophomore release with Tait. Will lightning strike twice, or will this be a one hit wonder? I am hoping that they leave the couple of techno sounding songs alone this time and just stick to the rock & ballads. Those are the songs that got the most play on the radio and even in concert. A strong follow-up will really endear Tait to the old Newsboys fans as THE singer--not just a replacement for Furler.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm

I was pleasently surprised by the last album (the first one with Tait). I had just dismissed it without even hearing it (never was much of a Newsboy fan) but after hearing it I was rather impressed.
Looking forward to what they do with this outing.

alldatndensum wrote:
........I am hoping that they leave the couple of techno sounding songs alone this time and just stick to the rock & ballads.....

Agreed.

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:56 am

Aren't you overjoyed Alldat. Laughing

I wish they'd use more hard rockers. Then, they might get more of my positive attention. Maybe they should cover Petra.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Aren't you overjoyed Alldat. Laughing

I wish they'd use more hard rockers. Then, they might get more of my positive attention. Maybe they should cover Petra.

Laugh all you want, but I am not ashamed of anything I like. Your jokes, however, are not improving.

The Newsboys haven't been a hard rock band since their 1st two albums, and I don't expect them to return to that. Their pop sensibilities are what made them successful and kept them that way.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am not ashamed of anything I like.

Good one. Wink

alldatndensum wrote:
The Newsboys haven't been a hard rock band since their 1st two albums, and I don't expect them to return to that. Their pop sensibilities are what made them successful and kept them that way.

Which ones were those first two? I can't remember much about their early discography.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:04 pm

That's because you weren't born yet.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 am

I wasn't born yet… but were you "Born Again"? Smile

(note: purposely lame)
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:26 am

I love Newsboys with Tait, however, I still can't call them Newsboys, since I've followed NB since their 1st album. I would see this more of an extension of Tait's solo works, just with members of the latter reign of Newsboys. They sound very much like Tait's solo stuff (which is very good). To me though, the band "Newsboys" is gone.
I look forward to new material with Tait. I think of the 3 DCT members who solo'd, Tait has the most talent and all around clean sound.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 am

Maybe you'd prefer Furler's solo album as it sounds much more like the latter albums the Newsboys released with him still at the helm. The new incarnation of the NBs is much more interesting and fun, really.

I can see people not liking this being called Newsboys. I was one of the most vocal people on here not liking the change in singers. However, even though this has a huge Tait/DC Talk sound, they managed to bring all the elements from both classic Newsboys and Tait's work to the blender and came out with something that FELT like NBs should. This new combo has breathed new life into a band that was surely soon to just die off. My youth group LOVES the new mix--especially seeing the show at Winterjam back in February.

Call it whatever you want, but there is something magical happening in this camp right now. If Tait & Co. and repeat the process and make lightning strike again, that will prove that this isn't a fluke and that there is life here--something the Newsboys with Furler wasn't going to get. Listen to Furler's solo work, and you'll hear how regurgitated his new stuff sounds.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

They did a cover of "Jesus Freak" on Born Again, featuring KJ-52. I didn't like the cover as much as the DC Talk version (I have both) because of the sound of the guitars.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm

For someone who can't stand the Newsboys, you sure do post a lot in threads about them, DBF. Next thing you know, you'll be admitting that you're addicted to Justin Bieber.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm very addicted to Justin Bieber.

That is, making fun of him.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Quote :
Maybe you'd prefer Furler's solo album as it sounds much more like the latter albums the Newsboys released with him still at the helm

Just listened to it today... it's good, but not the Newsboys I loved in the 90s. Furler's new stuff as well as the last few Newsboys he put out fell into the genre of "Praise/Worship" along the likes of Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, etc. Good stuff, but not creative enough for my tastes.

Newsboys to me was "Going Public" "Not Ashamed" "Boys will be boyz" and "Love liberty disco". Those works were quite creative and catchy, and still had the clear Message.

I agree that the mix of Tait and the latter members of NB definitely breathes new life... but it's a different band altogether. I love this new band, but IMO the "Newsboys" band of yesterday is no longer.
I guess a (bad) example would be like taking the retired Audio A and putting Steven Curtis as vox, and grabbing band members that worked with AA and releasing a new album under the name "Audio Adrenaline".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:30 am

I can see where you are coming from. But, there are a couple of differences here between Newsboys and the proposed Audio A scenario you invented.

1. Newsboys have never retired and disbanded completely as Audio A have.

2. Tait has filled in for Furler many times over the years whenever Furler was sick and unable to perform.

So, I think Tait was the logical choice.

In the end, though, regardless of what they call the TaitBoys lol! , I love their new music.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 3:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
2. Tait has filled in for Furler many times over the years whenever Furler was sick and unable to perform.....

Hey, I didn't know that. I guess it really does make sense now that they asked Tait to replace Fuller when he left.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Very good points re: Taitboys

I concur. I guess it'd be like The Continentals... always had the same name, just dozens of different members over the years.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Just wanting to see how this is almost the opposite of Bride… MANY style changes over the years, but ALWAYS with the same core. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Newsboys recording under way   New Newsboys recording under way I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Newsboys recording under way
Page 1 of 1