Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Theocracy

Go down 
+4
Xid
Pethead
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 6:17 am

What is it with this band? They’re so good but can only seem to make an album every half decade. It’s been 6 years since Ghost Ship and 10 years since As The World Bleeds. I want new Theocracy!

My Awesome Timothy likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 6:27 am

Perhaps they are all busy with other aspects of their lives like wives, kids, church, and jobs?  Sometimes music, unless you are making a living from it, has to take a back seat.  Maybe that's where they are at right now?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2021-01-30

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 8:47 am

They’re like Tourniquet. They don’t put out nearly often enough for my wishes, but when they do it’s usually excellent.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2022 10:05 am

Writings songs can be done pretty quick.  Recording songs takes longer.  Crafting songs takes an immense amount of time.  I'm currently working with a friend on a song for his new album.  We're crafting it to not only be hopefully good, but to also fit his style.  I completed the first draft on June 26th.  Here we are, now in August, and we're still crafting.  It's getting closer, but it's still not ready.

All we've worked on thus far is the rhythm guitar part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2022 12:02 pm

I get the feeling Matt is something of a perfectionist.  But still 6+ years for an album seems excessive unless you are only working on the music every other weekend or something like that.

Fundy, Xid and My Awesome Timothy like this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 8:28 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I get the feeling Matt is something of a perfectionist.  But still 6+ years for an album seems excessive unless you are only working on the music every other weekend or something like that.

Since he can write, sing, and play every instrument himself, how could you ever come up with that crazy idea?

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 am

ChristTrekker wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Since he can write, sing, and play every instrument himself, how could you ever come up with that crazy idea?

Which crazy idea, that he's a perfectionist, or that he only works on music sporadically?

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2022 3:45 pm

From what I know Matt has been busy with a career in music, that I am sure pays WAY better than an album from Theocracy. That being said, they also struggled with finding a new label, which I believe is finalized now.

Also he's been having the time of his life working with a HUGE name producer on a project that may take some time to see the light of day. let's just say he has been giddier than a school girl. Wink

Staybrite, Dynamis, kerrick and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:50 am

^What a tease that Robert guy is!  I want details!!!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 3:11 pm

kerrick wrote:
^What a tease that Robert guy is!  I want details!!!

He seldom seems to kiss and tell.
More like kiss and tease.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 3:45 pm

Kisses?!?  I haven't gotten any kisses from Robert; he's holding out on me!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 5:26 pm

If all the guys in the band work full time jobs and have families, it can be a major undertaking to find the time to record.  I had a week off from work and managed to get part of 4 songs done.  This week, I haven't had a moment to sit down and work on anything.  This weekend is a flurry of activity as well, so that won't happen for me either.  At this point in the game, I am the only musician as I am doing rhythm guitars, bass, vocals, and programming drums.  I will need others to help with leads, but this takes times.

Now, take a band like this that has 5 or 6 members, can you imagine having jobs, families, and maybe even church responsibilities (even if they aren't pastors) that cut into that time.  Theocracy is probably putting out music as fast as they possibly can if they aren't doing this full time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Theocracy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theocracy    Theocracy  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theocracy
Page 1 of 1