Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Black Rider
MikeInFla
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued Empty
PostSubject: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2021 11:02 am

I looks like Roxx Records is gearing up to release a Chariot anthology record.  
This isn't to be confused with the more recent hardcore band "The Chariot".  Chariot was an 80's group that released a handful of demo quality releases in the late 80's starting with "Go Tell the World" in 1985.  The track Roxx has posted to youtube "Wise Eyes" is from the band's 1987 release "Step Into Light".  I've had a bootleg mp3 copy of "Step Into Light" for a few years and really dig it.  This will be one of those albums I'll be happy to have in my collection.

Here is a track from the 1985 demo (hopefully they will have been cleaned up for this new release).
They also had a few more demo recordings in '88 and '89 that my have seen them rerecord some of their earlier songs.  It will be interesting to see what makes it to this anthology.

rockerVu2, Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 4:54 am

Just saw this on the Roxx site. Listening to Wise Eyes now. Back in the day I would have loved this but these days the demo sound isn't my thing (same with the Cross force release they did a few years ago - would've loved it back in the day but I never play it now). I'm afraid if I bought this I would play it one or two times and never again. But I am truly glad old bands are still being discovered and given the reissue treatment.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 6:49 am

I agree with Mike.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 3:50 pm

You guys make me sad.  Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued 1f625

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 4:44 pm

I was pretty excited when I saw Roxx post this on Facebook. "Step Into Light" was a song I played to death back in the 80's (it was on the Underground Metal compilation cd).

I will be ordering this tonight
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 5:48 pm

I love finding old gems like this being given new life.  While it might not be up to label standards, the music is cool and so is the message.  I will give this a spin more than once for sure.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 5:51 pm

I just ordered this as part of the 4 CD bundle that Roxx Records is currently offering.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 8:12 pm

I just ordered the Chariot CD.  Looking forward to hearing all of it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 7:55 am

I like the typical 80's sound.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Here is another track from the forthcoming Chariot Anthology.  This one is a rocker!

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 4:37 pm

That one kind of reminds me of early Xalt, if it shows up on Spotify I'd listen.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am

At some point in the future, I'd like to pick this up. Too much going on at the moment.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 11:37 am

I know that the CDs have shipped and people are getting them in the mail.  Sadly, mine has not arrived yet.  I want to hear all of the discs in that bundle, but this one most interests me.  I have one of the Chariot demos and had remastered it, but this contains both of their demo albums.  This one interested me the most with the Swingle/Thomspon being my 2nd choice.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm

I haven't even checked my mail box in the last  few days.  I should walk down their this evening and unload it.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2021 9:36 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I haven't even checked my mail box in the last  few days.  I should walk down their this evening and unload it.

I have been expecting a few packages this week, so I check mine everyday especially since they closed our school system this week.  Of course, most come by UPS or Amazon van and my Ring camera notifies me when someone is outside.  I have the settings lowered so the mail carrier doesn't set off the camera.  If I turned the settings up, my Ring would go off frequently with every car that drove by.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2021 11:54 am

Mine came in the mail today!  I feel so validated now!   lol!

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5321
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 2:51 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I have been expecting a few packages this week, so I check mine everyday especially since they closed our school system this week.  Of course, most come by UPS or Amazon van and my Ring camera notifies me when someone is outside.  I have the settings lowered so the mail carrier doesn't set off the camera.  If I turned the settings up, my Ring would go off frequently with every car that drove by.
Do you have a mail box at the end of the street?  Does all your mail go there, or just stuff that's too big for your front door letter box?  In the UK we just have a letter box and nothing else.  If the parcel doesn't fit they either leave it by the front door (good luck with that), leave it with a neighbour, throw it over the fence, or return it to the depot.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 3:02 pm

We have lots of different mailboxes here in the U.S.  Older (most) neighborhoods have a letter-box on their porch or an individual mailbox at the street in front of their home.
Most people who live in a apartments or condominiums have their mail "box" along a wall (or series of walls) usually at the clubhouse in the center of their development.  You have to have a key to get into your mailbox.

Were we live we have small kiosks every block or so that have a bank of secure mailboxes for the 30 to 40 houses around them.  We have to use a key to get into our mailbox so it is more secure than just having an individual box on the street in front of your house.

Hmmm, this is a really good idea for a Dumb Kwestion.  I will start one and post some pictures there.

Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 11:21 am

I love these old classic demos. I definitely ordered this one as I've had the demos of it for years and dig em. I think they do a great job over there at ROXX as well. Never been disappointed with Roxx or their brothers at NLTM, or Boones

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 1:10 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I love these old classic demos. I definitely ordered this one as I've had the demos of it for years and dig em. I think they do a great job over there at ROXX as well. Never been disappointed with Roxx or their brothers at NLTM, or Boones

Yeah, these packages are great.  They have remastered the music and the inserts are usually chock full of old pictures, hand-bills and insights about the group.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Yeah, these packages are great.  They have remastered the music and the inserts are usually chock full of old pictures, hand-bills and insights about the group.

I love the old demo packages they've done.  I like most of the original releases they have done as well.

I have been disappointed in a couple of remasters, though.  To me, the Eternal Ryte and Recon projects were too bass heavy and therefore muddy sounding.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 4:54 am

Ordered this morning.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2021 7:34 am

You won't be disappointed,Norm!  All seventeen songs are rockers.  While the first half isn't quite as "metal" as the second as they were two separate demo albums, it is still a great nostalgic look/listen for where Christian metal was back then.  They were playing the music they loved with a message that was open and bold.

I miss music like this.  With Roxx, Retroactive, and Girder finding gems like this from time to time, we old school rockers can experience that era for a little while longer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued   Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chariot - Old Music Getting Reissued
Page 1 of 1