Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
kerrick
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records Empty
PostSubject: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:21 am

Use the this link to order and/or hear 2 songs from it

Leviticus "The Strongest Power"

Leviticus: The Strongest Power CD
[Ektro Records (ektro-101)]
13.00EUR
Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records Pixel_trans
Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records Leviticus%20The%20Strongest%20Power%20web
Click to enlarge

EKTRO RECORDS once again expands its arsenal of the weird 'n' out-there with a reissue of a cult Christian metal classic: LEVITICUS' breakout album, The Strongest Power. Yes, you read correctly - Christian metal. But a cult classic The Strongest Power most definitely is, released in 1985 to widespread acclaim in the international heavy metal press, with even Kerrang! calling it "one of the best records of the year." And yet, as time went on and the "white metal" tag became more a curse than blessing, not to mention the band breaking up in 1990, the LEVITICUS legend was banished to the back-pages of obscurity. That the Swedes' lyricism unabashedly espoused their Christian beliefs doesn't detract from the timeless heavy metal songcraft across The Strongest Power: spanning the gritty, working-man's American metal of Virgin Steele to the sometimes-moody/sometimes-shimmering melodicism of Heavy Pettin', with even bouts of up-tempo Tokyo Blade-style action, this crucial LEVITICUS document encapsulates everything boisterous and brilliant about '80s metal. With a clutch of immediately memorable, energetic-at-any-tempo tracks as its foundation, The Strongest Power's spiritual themes can be extrapolated into traditional heavy metal themes - individuality, freedom, power, glory, rocking, running in the night - thereby making the record a true "diamond in the rough" which generations of metallers can now enjoy as they please. On your knees and praise The Strongest Power!

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records Pixel_trans
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 21 August, 2013.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:47 am

For some reason I really like the cover of this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am

That is the ORIGINAL cover before they changed it for their US Pure Metal release

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records Z

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records 2Q==

Last edited by bought4life on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 am

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/discography/leviticus.html
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:25 pm

There's no need for me to check out the reissue.  I have an original copy of all the Leviticus stuff.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I'd love to have it but it's so far down on my list that I'm not worried about it right now...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Love this album!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I had those first few albums on CD and just couldn't get into them. Ended up trading them a few years back.

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 pm

I would love to have the swedish version of the first album. Now that would be cool. Still looking for Jerusalem - Krigsman as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records   Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leviticus "The Strongest Power" reissued by Ektro Records
Page 1 of 1