Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  Empty
PostSubject: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 1:13 am

As of 2021 , these are mine :

1 - Stay of Execution
2 - Weapons
3 - Deliverance
4 - What a Joke 
5 - Live in Studio
6 - As Above So Below
7 - Assimilation

The others I either didn´t hear enough to form an opinion OR I don´t like (I never really liked the pink floidish pair : River Disturbance / Camelot in Smithereens) .
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 am

My favorites are the mid era:

Learn
Stay of Execution
River Disturbance

I never really liked the speed metal albums and don't own them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Not a fan of thrash/speed metal much myself.  I didn't like a few songs here and their from River Disturbance and Camelot in Smithereens.  But not really enough to keep the albums.  I guess I'm just not enough of a fan.

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
My favorites are the mid era:

Learn
Stay of Execution
River Disturbance

I never really liked the speed metal albums and don't own them.
Well , "Learn" is an album I should give some more spins , but it's basically a goth metal album , something like "The Deliverance Black Album" ...
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Love Deliverance up till and including Camelot. After that, they lost me and have never gotten me back.

I love the aggression and melody on the first three albums, the heavy tones and different vocal style of Stay of Execution, and the pivot to the more modern sound on Learn, River Disturbance and Camelot. What order I would rank them all depends on the day and my mood. The self titled it’s definitely a top 2. Stay of Execution is right up there too. Ironically, Weapons is not in my top 5. I like it OK, but frankly it’s probably my least favorite of those first seven albums. 

Throughout all those albums, Jimmy never lost the melody. There are good hooks on the early thrash albums, and there are good hooks on the more modern albums in the early to mid-1990s. As a sucker for a big hook, that makes me smile.

Raluces likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Boy, I don't think of Learn as goth at all.
My list:
Stay
Weapons
Self Titled
Learn
Hear What I Say
As Above'
River Disturbance

Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums    Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ranking your fave Deliverance Albums
Page 1 of 1