Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones

Go down 
+7
Normaniac
Oldiesmann
Xid
topshot rhit
Through The Dark Radio
Fundy
Staybrite
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23419
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Ok, we have talked about cell phones before.  I have one and kind of feel it is an evil necessity.
My question is do you have a cell phone that you really like, and if so what kind is it?

I have to get a new phone because my 3 year old Pixel2 is on it's dying breath (almost refused to restart for me this morning).
Wondering if I should get a new Pixel or try something else.  I prefer Android phones (mostly because of a loathing for anything Apple).
I do take pictures with my phone and like to have a decent speaker system (to listen to podcasts and music occasionally).

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 1:08 pm

I have a phone that I don't really like.  Does that count?  scratch Very Happy

Mines an Motorola which runs on gasoline and you have to wind it up in the morning.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Fundy wrote:
I have a phone that I don't really like.  Does that count?  scratch Very Happy

Mines an Motorola which runs on gasoline and you have to wind it up in the morning.

Yes that counts.  It's always good to hear when/why people don't like their phones.
I know you are joking but if smartphones ran on gasoline they might last longer....but having it exhaust into your pocket wouldn't be much fun. 
lol!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 5:03 pm

I've always been pleased with my iPhone. I do as the iPhone says  Shocked

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
my 3 year old Pixel2 is on it's dying breath (almost refused to restart for me this morning).

Is that because of bad battery? If it's possible to unofficially replace it, I'm sure someone has posted a YT video.  geek
If it's just because it's slow, try a factory reset. You should get an app to save your messages and call history to cloud or offline first.

Fundy wrote:
I have a phone that I don't really like... Mines an Motorola which runs on gasoline and you have to wind it up in the morning.

I've actually been happy with my Moto G5 Plus. 2 years old and battery lasts me about 3 days but I use it mostly for texts and some light FB/Messenger. My wife's wouldn't make it a day when she played Pokemon Go so if you're using resource hogging apps you're gonna pay for it. Twisted Evil

The problem I'll have when I replace it eventually is finding something small and inexpensive.

Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 11:55 pm

I have an iPhone.  I like it.  Works pays for it so I like it even better.  I carry it around with me and talk on it once or twice a week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 12:04 am

I've got the Pixel 4 (now discontinued since they released the 4a and 5 late last year) and like it. It's a good phone, though not as fancy as the high-end Galaxy S models from Samsung.
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 3:21 am

My Pixel 3a still gets it done... but I am contemplating either a 4 or 5 in the future.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 am

Moto One Action which has been an awesome phone (unlocked phone). Nice big screen, lots of battery life and fast charging. The newest ones are the Moto One 5G Ace and Moto Edge. Not all that expensive and I am sure prices will come down when Amazon has a deal on them (I usually buy the Prime phones and so far the Motorolas I have bought have been good). My wife has a Samsung S10 and my daughters both have iPhones. 

And if it is power you want the Moto G Power has 3 days of battery life. 

This will probably be my next one:

https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-one-5g-ace/p

but I would like to get at least another year out of my Moto One Action.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 7:35 am

The big problem with phones today is you can't control the software for the most part (or at all on iPhone). You used to be able to unlock the bootloader on Androids and then load a different version of the OS. It has gotten much harder to unlock the bootloaders as manufacturers have cracked down on that pretty much so they can sell more phones. Hardly any manufacturer or carrier will support a phone for more than 2 OS versions. Then you stop getting security updates. Then your apps won't support the older OS. Then you buy a new phone.

I can run Win 10 (and especially Linux) on an old PC (just did one from 2012 yesterday) so why can't I run Android 11 on an old phone? The last security update I received on a phone released not even 4 years ago was 2/1/19 for Android 8.1. Rolling Eyes

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 4:14 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
my 3 year old Pixel2 is on it's dying breath (almost refused to restart for me this morning).

Is that because of bad battery? If it's possible to unofficially replace it, I'm sure someone has posted a YT video.  geek
If it's just because it's slow, try a factory reset. You should get an app to save your messages and call history to cloud or offline first.

No it will charge and I can get at half a day out of the battery (even with quite a bit of use).
When using the functions the other day (internet, facebook, music player) it would lag super bad when touching the screen.  It would even take a few seconds to make an audible "click" sound whenever you pressed on an icon.  When my morning alarm went off, I couldn't turn it off.  It's as if the screen wouldn't even react to my touch.  I held the physical power button down (on the side of the phone) and it finally gave me the option to turn the phone off or restart.  I selected restart and the phone proceeded to spend 60-80 minutes flashing the "google" start-up screen every 5-20 seconds yet failing to completely reboot.  The screen finally went dark and I got what looked like something similar to the "blue screen of death" (on a CPU).  I had a black screen with two text only options that I could toggle between using my volume up and down keys (no touch screen function).  The options where to "restart" or "restore factory settings".  Not too keen on loosing my texts and contacts I tried the "restart" option.  It worked that time, and my phone has been alright for the rest of yesterday and today.
It has given me notice a few times in the last few months that it is "unable to update the operating system".  As if my phone is too old for the newest OS, but it's running Android 11, so I don't know what that's about.

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 pm

Probably not getting security updates. I'd do the factory reset personally. It's pretty easy to save all your stuff, but for some reason you need an app for texts unless Google is nicer to Pixel users. There's no option to sync those I can see.

Might also look through battery usage for a day and see if you have a rogue app. I've force stopped Burger King a few times for using 10% when I never even opened the thing. Movie theater one and Taco Bell have done the same thing before.

Can also check storage and see if any are using tons of RAM. I don't think you can check CPU usage by default but may be an app for that.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 pm

I also have the Moto One Action and have been very pleased with it in the year I have had it.  I get great battery life and the cameras are pretty good.  When I am in the market for another phone, I will be going with another Moto.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:53 pm

Last year I got a Samsung A20. I've enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 2:11 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Last year I got a Samsung A20. I've enjoyed it.

I'm giving some heavy consideration to one of the newer Samsung phones.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 1:30 pm

I have an iPhone 7.
But in my heart I'm a Blackberry fan.

Typing on a Blackberry was not so easy as in my iPhone.
Loading music on a Blackberry was so much easier than on the iPhone.

The camera on the iPone is much better.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 3:25 pm

I tried factory resetting my phone and it still was giving me trouble...so I gave up and bought a brand-new Samsung Galaxy S21+.  It has really nice graphics, but all the buttons are in the wrong spots (compared to my old Google Pixel)...taking me a little while to get used to it.  Hoping it lasts longer than the Pixel did.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones   Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion Emergency---Cell Phones
Page 1 of 1