Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
Xid
alldatndensum
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day Empty
PostSubject: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 7:50 pm

It seems like it has been a few weeks since we had one of these (The last one was actually posted by Alldat).

I found this one from my short list of stoopid queries and thought it might make a good addition.  I was telling my wife the other day that I kind of wish I hadn't stuck with my current career path, but that I felt like it was too late (financially) to change.  So it got me thinking a little bit about what else I could have done with myself occupation-wise and I ran across this question today.

If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?

How about it?  What job would you like to try for a day?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 pm

ROCK STAR!!!!

OK, not really.  I'd like to play in a band again, but I am too old to be a rock star now.

If I could try anything for a day, I think I would want to be a U.S. Senator.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 pm

One that pays $5,000,000 a day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 7:56 am

I love to try out to be the drummer of a rock  band
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 am

I'd love to be a musician, drummer or guitar player would be great.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Not really sure. Maybe a Zamboni driver for a day!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 11:11 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ROCK STAR!!!!

OK, not really.  I'd like to play in a band again, but I am too old to be a rock star now.

Oh wow, now that would be a job I'm pretty certain I wouldn't like at all.  I'm not a big fan of politicians, so I can't imagine having to work with them often.

Xid wrote:
One that pays $5,000,000 a day.
Rolling Eyes

rockerVu2 wrote:
I love to try out to be the drummer of a rock  band

And yet you play the bass, and guitar.  Have you started playing the drums too?

Black Rider wrote:
I'd love to be a musician, drummer or guitar player would be great.

I'm sensing a theme here.  Laughing

MikeInFla wrote:
Not really sure. Maybe a Zamboni driver for a day!

Now that is an odd one.  I wonder how many professional Zamboni drivers there are out there? Do you think it's a full time job for most of them?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 11:13 am

I always thought I wanted to try my hand as a chef.  Not just the cook at a diner or greasy spoon.  But a professionally trained chef, working at a quality restaurant.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 8:33 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
ROCK STAR!!!!

Oh wow, now that would be a job I'm pretty certain I wouldn't like at all.  I'm not a big fan of politicians, so I can't imagine having to work with them often.

After having served as a youth pastor in a small to medium church and now pastoring a small church, I have learned that survival in these positions is one part following God, one part winging it when you don't have clear direction, and one part politics as you try to juggle what you want to do next with who it will offend.  LOL  I think I could be a great politician.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Quote :
Have you started playing the drums too?

Yep, I have had some drum lessons. I really loved it to play drums.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Sweet!  I've wanted to learn to play drums.  We don't have a place here where I could practice without annoying everybody.  The garage is too cold in the winter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 10:09 am

I'd like to be a TV show or documentary presenter for something I'm passionate about. I'm not the most skilled of public speakers, but I'd love to talk about something I like.

YouTube is a double edged sword for that. It makes it a lot easier for people to get their content out there, but it means the market is saturated. Plus, I don't know what to talk about anyway.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 10:53 am

Now that sounds pretty cool.  Seems like the best documentary presenters are either people with a decently developed cult of celebrity (like movie and t.v. stars), or colorful experts in their field.  A little tough to do either of those at a young age.

Totally agree with you on YouTube fame.  It's like being an aspiring musician...relatively easy to get started, but there is way too much competition and you can easily get swallowed up in all the mediocre "acts".  On one had I wish most of them would go away, but without practice none of them will get better.

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 2:47 pm

No thought required to answer this one. I'd like to work with Howard Shore or Fran Walsh writing music for a Peter Jackson film (the Lord of the Rings guy). I could learn a lot from those three people in just one day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a star gazer (FAR from it), but I definitely appreciate the wisdom of such people.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Jen5 wrote:
No thought required to answer this one. I'd like to work with Howard Shore or Fran Walsh writing music for a Peter Jackson film (the Lord of the Rings guy). I could learn a lot from those three people in just one day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a star gazer (FAR from it), but I definitely appreciate the wisdom of such people.

Now that sounds like fun!

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day   Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #45 - Any Job for a Day
Page 1 of 1