Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)

Go down 
+4
Fundy
Black Rider
Xid
JLE3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) Empty
PostSubject: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 5:52 pm

We're getting there! 3 songs completely done. 8 others that are all about 85% finished. This one is called 'A Child of Light' and is a really good sample of what this record is shaping up to sound like. Have a listen!

Fundy and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Sounding great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Vocally sounds nasty and I mean that in a good way.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Sounds really good.  Well done, you create some awesome music.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 8:10 am

Thank you everyone! I'm really looking forward to getting this one out there!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 10:12 am

Man, this is the best sound you've had thus far!  You have everything in the mix perfect!  I can hear the bass, guitars, keys, and drums in their own places in the mix.  I love the lower amount of reverb on Jen's voice and her use of just a tiny bit of grit.  She sounds like a ticked off Stevie Nicks which fits what you are doing with this song amazingly.  With Evans and Stokes, you need to lock in all these settings and don't deviate from it on the rest of the songs.  You should be running with the big dogs on this release if the rest sounds like this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Wow thank you so much Chris! We'll take these mix settings and COPY/ PASTE!!!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Oh wow, again it's shaping up to be another stellar release from Evans & Stokes.  This sounds fantastic, can't wait to order my copy!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 1:15 am

I just want to say thanks to all of you. Life has been a bit of a struggle for me lately, but creating this music has been a sanctuary for me. These comments (as well as those in other threads that talk about our new music) are all so uplifting. I have read them many times tonight. Thank you for the encouragement guys.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 5:26 am

Jen5 wrote:
I just want to say thanks to all of you. Life has been a bit of a struggle for me lately, but creating this music has been a sanctuary for me. These comments (as well as those in other threads that talk about our new music) are all so uplifting. I have read them many times tonight. Thank you for the encouragement guys.

Feel free to pop in an unload on us here anytime you want.  Heaven knows I surely do!  CHM is small, but that gives us the unique ability to know everyone.  We will pray for one another.  We will tell each other when we think they are wrong, too.  This can be one of the best free therapists you will ever have.  Don't be afraid to pour out your pains if you feel you can.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 7:06 am

I think we're all understanding what Jesus meant when he said, in this world you will have trouble, a lot more lately. It's the, I have overcome the world part that we need to cling to.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 9:31 am

Jen5 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, sis.  I can relate to the countless battles.  I'd just advise you to take a really deep breath and let Him wash over your soul. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 10:31 am

Jen5 wrote:
Sorry to read this.  I will be praying for you, Jen.  Music is indeed a wonderful gift (from God), it can see us through the hardest of times.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Aw, thanks guys. Once again, you're all so uplifting. God bless you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 7:10 pm

You rock Jen! You and Yvonne are pretty much the only 2 sisters we have here.  You are both welcome to come here any time and vent or share your troubles with all your CHM brothers.  Sometimes we can even help, even if it is just with a word of encouragement.  Smile

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Thanks brother.
You know, it's funny. I talked above about how making this music has been a sanctuary for me (a place where I can forget about my troubles and feel closer to God). Imagine my surprise to read a comment on one of the FB groups where the listener felt there was "no Christian tones" in the lyrics and that he/she "found no spirituality in the song anywhere" and that there was no witness to Christ. lol, it's a prayer for goodness sake! I had to laugh.
Here I thought I was praying to God to help me walk this earth as a bringer of light and all along I was preaching some secular trifle. lol   
To each his own

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)   A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Child of Light - Evans and Stokes (Sample)
Page 1 of 1