Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIF Kickstarter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 11:00 pm

Add Five Iron Frenzy to the list of artists doing a Kickstarter campaign. Less than 24 hours after it was launched they've already received more than twice their goal in pledges. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fiveironfrenzy/help-five-iron-frenzy-make-a-new-album

Through The Dark Radio and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 am

That's incredible! 

Now, if my Throes stuff would get here soon...that one I've been waiting a year for!   Then it's Undercover's Balance of Power!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 11:23 am

When I pledged yesterday afternoon, they were well over their 150% over. And not even 24 hours into it, they at 245% of their goal  Shocked

Oldiesmann likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 pm

Normaniac wrote:
That's incredible! 

Now, if my Throes stuff would get here soon...that one I've been waiting a year for!   Then it's Undercover's Balance of Power!

Sounds like the nearly two years for the new Rose album.  I am sick of Kickstarter campaigns that go way past their predicted time of release.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 am

At this rate it could be a year for the Undercover "Balance of Power" reissue.  I'm just guessing but I think I pledged for that one in December 2019.  I know they had to remaster it and get it produced (and Covid-19) got in the way of at least part of that. But there was no new recording from the band.

But yeah, that second Rose album was completely funded on September 2018, one more month less than a month and it will have been officially 2 years.

I know there are good reasons for delays, but between this and PledgeMusic tanking and taking $50 of my pledge money with it last year....I think I'm done with these.  I'll just order the albums when/if they finally come out.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Staybrite wrote:
At this rate it could be a year for the Undercover "Balance of Power" reissue.  I'm just guessing but I think I pledged for that one in December 2019.  I know they had to remaster it and get it produced (and Covid-19) got in the way of at least part of that. But there was no new recording from the band.

But yeah, that second Rose album was completely funded on September 2018, one more month less than a month and it will have been officially 2 years.

I know there are good reasons for delays, but between this and PledgeMusic tanking and taking $50 of my pledge money with it last year....I think I'm done with these.  I'll just order the albums when/if they finally come out.

I agree.  Nearly half of the pledge campaigns I have been a part of have been long waits.  Sadly, quite a few of those were not projects that I ended up liking, either.  

To be honest, the pledge thing was an okay concept, but it only really works for bands with followings to begin with.  Seeing that you can build great home studios on a budget now, you really shouldn't need a ton of money for recording your project.  In my opinion, it is time for the artist to figure out how to get their art done without feeling like fans are entitled to support them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 2:29 am

The Throes should be here tomorrow.  Hopefully Undercover before the end of September.  I've got the 77s, The Choir, and Chagall Guevara in the pipeline to round out '20.

Next year, Jimmy Brown's Camelot 21 should drop, and hopefully we'll hear something about his Guidestones project.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 3:37 pm

22 days to go and they're over 3x's their requested amount.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
22 days to go and they're over 3x's their requested amount.

That is a testament to their fan base.  Great news.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 pm

15 days to go and they're at $212k out of a $60k pledge

Through The Dark Radio and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 am

Oldiesmann wrote:

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Oldiesmann wrote:

Shocked

Shocked Shocked

FIF Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: Re: FIF Kickstarter   FIF Kickstarter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIF Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1