Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about some reissues

Go down 
+2
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Question about some reissues Empty
PostSubject: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 1:11 pm

There are a few that I am interested in but don't know if I want to purchase due to having the original.

How much improvement in sound have the CDs by the following been?

Liaison
Siloam
Ken Tamplin
Mastedon

Some of the remasters interest me, but without a lot of bonus tracks that aren't just demos of songs you already get, these don't have those extras.  I mostly play my FiiO player and rip what music I have and then run them through my own remastering process.  With the Fighter and Ransom projects, I couldn't tell a difference in my tracks and the remastered CD.  I preferred my version of Eternal Rite.

Maybe that answers my question.  If I have the original and can remaster it myself, I should probably skip these.  I may still get the first Liaison CD as I just have the crappy Syntax version where the cover art was reduced to a two inch square.  I may just keep what I have depending on what you all advise.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 am

I think a lot of people get these because they never got the originals and/or don't want to pay too much for the originals. I have the Siloam and both Mastedon releases on vinyl, which is the reason I picked them up. There might be some clarity on the releases but nothing significant.

To continue with that, I am looking forward to the Saint - Times End and One Bad Pig - Smash on vinyl.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 4:32 pm

I guess to each his own... But I do agree there are some of these that I just go..."seriously??"

Some stuff I've never owned and probably wouldn't have purchased except for playing on the White Throne Metal Radio...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 9:54 pm

mr.electric40 wrote:
I guess to each his own... But I do agree there are some of these that I just go..."seriously??"

Some stuff I've never owned and probably wouldn't have purchased except for playing on the White Throne Metal Radio...

Oh, I don't mind the reissues for people who don't have the originals.  I just tend to shake my head when some labels act like we have to get these or we're missing out.  Also, when they reissue the same title several times and make it seem like you should be getting every version.  I probably won't play but one version, so why own them all?  The last thing that makes me shake my head is when they play up the bonus tracks and you discover that these are just demo versions of songs that are on the album with a much improved sound.

But, some reissues have been great.  While not all the indie band demos that have been redone have been amazing, many have been decent listens from time to time.  I really enjoy the Michael releases by Roxx.  If not for some reissues, titles like this would be lost forever to most of us.  I am extremely thankful for those.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 10:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
mr.electric40 wrote:

Oh, I don't mind the reissues for people who don't have the originals.  I just tend to shake my head when some labels act like we have to get these or we're missing out.  Also, when they reissue the same title several times and make it seem like you should be getting every version.  I probably won't play but one version, so why own them all?  The last thing that makes me shake my head is when they play up the bonus tracks and you discover that these are just demo versions of songs that are on the album with a much improved sound.

But, some reissues have been great.  While not all the indie band demos that have been redone have been amazing, many have been decent listens from time to time.  I really enjoy the Michael releases by Roxx.  If not for some reissues, titles like this would be lost forever to most of us.  I am extremely thankful for those.

Well that is the business part of stuff... advertising... "Don't miss out!!"

I'm not buying vinyl at all... I mean a couple of years back when the Rush catalog was being reissued I was all excited and was ready to dive back in... After buy 3-4 of them... I was thinking "What am I doing??? this is expensive for simply a buy back... I own all the CD's... uh thanks but no thanks..."  so if I'm not buying their back catalog... why am I going after a band I probably never listen too these days...

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Pretty much the only reissues I have purchased are the ones I was already missing on CD.  I did get the reissue for Liason's "Hard Hitter" that I already had on CD.  I do notice that the volume is increased on the reissue, but I don't think my hearing is sophisticated enough to notice any real difference other than that.  The packaging on the reissue isn't quite as amazing as some of the other  recent reissues.  It is full color and includes all of the lyrics, but there isn't any exciting extras.  No new period photos, or show hand-bills, no additional band history stuff....just what appears to be the original cd photos in a newer looking layout with easy to read lyrics.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2020 4:41 pm

The only reissues I'll pick up are the ones I don't have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am

On the albums in question, I decided to save my money and just enjoy my own remasters.  I don't play the CDs of these anymore, so it isn't like buying new ones would make me play the discs.  I literally rip them and store them nowadays.  I'd do all digital but many of the Christian metal releases on our three main indie labels don't do digital for their releases.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:29 pm

The only reissue I am really interested in is One Bad Pig. I ordered the CD as I already have it on vinyl. Now if the they do Swine Flew and I Scream Sunday, I will snatch those up instantly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about some reissues   Question about some reissues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about some reissues
Page 1 of 1