Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Makes me sad...

Go down 
+2
kerrick
Black Rider
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 7:19 pm

Some of you might've seen the thread over at CMR about TQT covering a song from Jesus Christ Superstar, which portrays Jesus as nothing more then a man who doesn't really understand why he needs to die. It saddens me that they would cover it and that people are supportive of it. When did Christians get so shallow?
Not trying to start something, just not understanding.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 10:57 pm

I'm right there with you.  I've been holding my tongue so far but may chime in at some point there.  Nonetheless I think you're absolutely right.

IMO it's just a manifestation of the state of our modern western church.  The majority of our "churches" today teach some form of prosperity gospel (be it financial or more often emotional, i.e. Jesus' purpose of dying on the cross was to make us happy and content...), books like The Shack are best-sellers, "worship" songs are all totally man-centered, and topics like abortion, homosexuality, and the like aren't taught from the pulpit in fear of "pushing people away" - or worse, they're being embraced and encouraged in churches.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 am

I've not seen this om CMR.
But it's sad.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 3:23 pm

I've never seen the play/movie.  It was just enough for me to hear it wasn't bible based for me to avoid it.  I did see The Last Temptation of Christ back when I wasn't a Christian, and could tell it was blasphemous back then.
Like Kerrick I have stayed out of it at the CMR.  I can't imagine being a Christian and a musician myself and being comfortable covering a song from a blatantly blasphemous movie.  I wouldn't want to give anyone the mistaken belief that I condoned that sort of thing.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 9:12 pm

To be honest, I don't even care what Tourniquet does anymore.  It isn't a band anymore.  It's just Ted and guests now.

As for the choice of song, it probably wasn't in their best interest.  However, if you wanted to try to reach a secular audience, that might work.  I wouldn't choose to cover it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 pm

I've never cared what Tourniquet did.  Haven't liked them from day 1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

Makes me sad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makes me sad...   Makes me sad... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Makes me sad...
Page 1 of 1