Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Dynamis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 Empty
PostSubject: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Mission Of One's "Hostile To The Gospel" release ranks 14 on the Angelic Warlord Top 15 list for 2013.  Overall first place when to Stryper's "No More Hell To Pay".  Following is the top 5:

1. STRYPER - No More Hell To Pay
Stryper plays to its strengths and successfully recaptures its mid-eighties form in the process.  The upshot is the group’s heaviest and overall best album to date.

2. WARLORD - The Holy Empire
Guitarist William J.Tsamis reunites with original Warlord vocalist Rick Anderson to create epic metal classic.  Classical overtures and deep melodies collide to create powerful and epic music in its purest form.

3. ABSOLON - Darkness Rising
New band from vocalist Ken Pike (Malachia) touches upon a European influenced power metal sound.  Also a concept album based loosely around the story of A Portrait of Dorian Gray with a modern interpretation.

4. John Elefante - On My Way To The Sun
Former Kansas and Mastedon front man delivers a heavy rocking AOR sound with occasional progressive moments.  Cover artwork and production shine equally.

5. SACRED WARRIOR - Waiting In Darkness
Top-notch comeback album from veteran eighties power metal outfit.  Features the heaviness the group always strove for but could not quite captures on previous releases.

Further reading: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/#news
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:52 am

Sweet!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 am

That's awesome!  I am going to repost that on the Mission Of One Facebook page and on Tate Music Group's page as well!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:25 am

To avoid any confusion (and so you don't have to go to a separate link), here are albums 6 to 15:

6. REINXEED - A New World
Inconsistent at times in the past, Swedish symphonic power metal act delivers its most well rounded album to date.  Also finds the group experimenting with some progressive, melodic and classic metal slants.

7. SIX MINUTE CENTURY - Wasting Time
Power and progressive metal from Houston, Texas based group that proves heavier than 2008 debut Time Capsules.  SMS continues to standout with solid musicianship and current events based lyrics.

8. SONIC DIVIDE - Sonic Divide
One of the better new bands to hit the scene brings a joining of AOR, melodic rock and commercial hard rock.  Lushly textured songwriting and overall emotional edge lends to quite the engaging debut album.

9. BLOODGOOD - Dangerously Close
Another solid comeback album in a year characterized by eighties metal bands delivering on promise of new material.  You will find a joining of heavier and faster tracks and those with a more accessible sound.

10. BARREN CROSS - Birth Pangs
A double live album that captures the group’s entire performance from the 2012 Elements of Rock show in Switzerland.  Featured is material from all the previous Barren Cross releases in addition to several new songs.

11. BRIDE - Incorruptible
Quality swan song effort by veteran hard rock act from Louisville, Kentucky.  The album runs the gamut from the hard rocking to the bluesy to the acoustic to the progressive.

12. DESYRE - Glamtron
Hair metal with a heavier edge, Desyre takes the next step in terms of its songwriting.  Tons of infectious energy and non-stop hooks guarantees repeat listen.

13. HEDDA - The Storm
Concept album based around a fictional war between various factions of angels with power and progressive metal employed as the vehicle to get said storyline across.  An all around consistent work with no filler or skip buttons.

14. MISSION OF ONE - Hostile To The Gospel
Vocalist and bassist Chris Dickens continues to walk a fine line between blues based hard rock and straightforward heavy metal on finest Mission of One album.  For those into the Rez Band meets Stonefuze meets Thieves & Liars type sound.

15. STRYPER - Second Coming
Quality re-record project made up of songs from the groups first three albums.  It features stronger production values and contributions form all four original members.

Last edited by Dynamis on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 am

That's very ... very good.
It looks so good Mission Of One among the big bands.
Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:56 am

I will refer to you as No. 14 from now on.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am

At least it wasn't Number 7.  Then I'd think you were calling me Mad Jack's donkey.   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Maybe I still will. What's up MJD?
Back to top Go down
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:27 am

I dont agree at all about where Bloodgood. Im personally getting tired of seeing Stryper at number 1. Rant over. Congrats to you alldat.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 am

Rich, you have to remember that this is one person's personal opinion--not a voter picked list.  So, a list like this is all personal taste.  I don't think that it is any big thing that Stryper would be at anyone's number 1 slot as they have a huge fanbase (larger than Bloodgood's) and delivered the goods when it comes to overall quality.  I think that it is great that they were able to catch so many people's attention this time.

For a lesser known band like Bloodgood to end up at a lot of people's number 2 slot, I think that's amazing as well!  Even I listed them at number 2 and think I chose accordingly.

Why do you think that Stryper shouldn't have been on Angelic Warlord's number 1?

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 am

You should do a worship album with the rocker blues style you're good at.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 am

I don't know about that.  Too many artists do a worship album that just don't have a true heart for it and it comes off sounding forced.  I am afraid that mine would be the same.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 am

Quote :
I dont agree at all about where Bloodgood. Im personally getting tired of seeing Stryper at number 1. Rant over. Congrats to you alldat.
I have received several complaints about the ranking of Bloodgood.  I feel it speaks well of the group that they made the top 10, particularly when factoring the competition they were facing.  And let's face facts: 2013 was a very strong year.  There were albums released by Absolon, Sacred Warrior, Sonic Divide and others I liked just a little bit better than the new Bloodgood.  Keeping in mind the rankings were just one persons opinion.

Quote :
Rich, you have to remember that this is one person's personal opinion--not a voter picked list.  So, a list like this is all personal taste.
Correct, this sums things up best.  Perhaps next year I should compile the top 15 based upon a readers pole?

Quote :
I don't think that it is any big thing that Stryper would be at anyone's number 1 slot as they have a huge fanbase (larger than Bloodgood's) and delivered the goods when it comes to overall quality.
What I appreciate about "No More Hell To Pay" is that the group captures the heaviness of earlier albums such as "Solders Under Command" and "To Hell With The Devil" but with the consistency and continuity of "Against The Law".  This is why I placed it at number 1 overall- and a very tough choice between the new album from Warlord, "The Holy Empire".
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Quote :
Correct, this sums things up best.  Perhaps next year I should compile the top 15 based upon a readers pole?

I wouldn't bother.  The people who really enjoy your site and your work are more than happy to see what is on YOUR list.  Other people can make their own and blog it wherever they want and then have people disagree with them.  It's all subjective, really.  I put Bloodgood at my number 2 as well. 

Angelic Warlord does an awesome job!  It is a resource that I am proud to be included in and also to take a part of to learn about new releases.

Back to top Go down
Redeemed Fool

Redeemed Fool

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Knowing you, I think you're heart would be in it. I would like more praise music but the market is very homogenized right now. IMO of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15   MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MISSION OF ONE makes Angelic Warlord top 15
Page 1 of 1