Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!   Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 4:14 pm

In case you haven't read it or seen it yet, Angelic Warlord recently reviewed my latest recording project.  I have provided a link to their page if you would like to read it.

Mission Of One - Kill The Cobra Review

While most people wouldn't be excited, Mission of One also came in 23rd out of their 25 favorites for 2023!  Considering there were more well known projects that weren't on the list, this was quite a pleasant surprise for me!

If you would like to get the CD, you can do so here:  Mission Of One - Kill The Cobra CD

MP3s or FLAC can be bought here:  Mission Of One Bandcamp Page

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

rockerVu2, Fundy and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!   Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 8:55 pm

So cool! 80% is pretty darn good, I would've gone higher but that's just me
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!   Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 11:50 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
So cool! 80% is pretty darn good, I would've gone higher but that's just me

Thank you!

He spoke of the album sounding raw.  This time around, I felt it sounded polished and tight.  Using drum programming and recording with a computer helped.  Paying someone else to mix the record helped as well.

I am currently, and slowly, working on redoing "Show Me The Way" from the ground up.  I don't have the recorder I did that album with and didn't save the files.  So, I am having to go through each song, relearn riffs, and program drum tracks.  After I get all that done, I will start laying tracks.  I felt those songs had much potential, but I had no clue what I was doing in the recording department.  I still feel inadequate as working with a DAW is overwhelming because there are so many tools built in or that you can add to help make your sound better.  Sadly, many of the videos online explaining this are fast and speak terms that I don't understand all the time.  So, I pick up what I can and keep moving hoping that I can figure all this out.

I am also working on new material.  Right now, I have lyrics for around 40 songs written.  I am creating riffs and will soon start trying to match them to lyrics if possible.  Sometimes that works, and sometimes it doesn't.  It would be easier if I had a band that would play my material, but the guys I am in a band with want a more 70s rock and blues sound.  That doesn't seem to be where my new material is headed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!   Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 2:36 pm

Kind of like you, I am excited to see Mission of One on the AW Top 25 list.  I think the album certainly deserves to be there, and it has to be an honor to be included.  Of course I would place it higher on my list (and I did!).
Your rhythm guitar work on this album is some of the best I have ever heard from you (especially in this hard rock/metal style) and I think that has a lot to do with the tone helping it stand out.  The lead guitar work (as well as the rest of the music and vocals) is/are top notch and fit really well together.  Nothing sounds out of place.  Really solid mixing and mastering as well.  You made me have a real hard time picking favorite tracks, just a great album all around.

alldatndensum and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!   Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission of One Angelic Warlord review!!!!
Page 1 of 1