Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disciple.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 8:16 am

I like disciple.
But still dowbt to order the new album.
Do you have this new album?
do you like it?
Is it better than previous albums?

Last edited by rockerVu2 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 2:13 pm

I think it's a great album, but not as good as their last two.  Mind you, their last one was a slow burner for me, and it was only after a few months did I start to love it.  So maybe Love Letter will be the same?  It's definitely worth having, but I wouldn't rate it their best.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Love Letter Kill Shot is amazing!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Thanks.
I'll decided to buy this album.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-12-06

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 am

I really like this album.  I saw them live a few weeks ago and was really impressed.  They are a big name but seem to fly under the radar sometimes.  I would say go get it and you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 2:29 pm

I heart Disciple.  I've caught them twice in my backwoods. 14K+ hometown here in Mizzou.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 8:39 am

mudpuppy wrote:
I really like this album.  I saw them live a few weeks ago and was really impressed.  They are a big name but seem to fly under the radar sometimes.  I would say go get it and you won't be disappointed.

This is because the Christian labels, for the most part, don't support rock or metal acts anymore.  Seventh Day Slumber built their own label and have started signing the different acts that they tour with.  The regular labels don't want rock anymore as the demographics for CCM radio isn't aimed at rockers.  These stations are programmed for a "30 year old soccer mom" who wants music that is "safe for the whole family".  She doesn't want to add to the volume of a loud family with some rockin' background music.  She wants to relax.

I know a lot of people who still love to rock.  However, Christian music sales are down and the last big retailer (Lifeway) is now gone.  The industry will circle the wagons so to speak and put out what they know will sell regardless of how formulaic it may seem.  We rockers get thrown out to the dogs of indie labels and self releases.  The Christian industry no longer cares if we exist.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-12-06

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:08 am

Exactly what alldat said.  We (The World Will Burn) have released several albums with one of the biggest Christian labels in the past, but they were independent and really offer very little other than some distribution channels.  I dont blame them, Christian rock sales are really low, and there isnt any money in streaming.  Our new album is going to be totally independent, we are printing fewer CDs, and selling them to the people that want the music.  
Disciple seems to be in the middle of the road.  They have a big fan base because they tour a lot, but they arent Stryper.  At the same time they are bigger than most of the newer indie bands.  I think they are on the Tooth and Nail label now, and that should give them a nice bump.  I got the new album and listened to it a few times yesterday.  Great sound, production, and performances.  I felt their songs lacked a little bit of a hook and were a little bit all the same, but that's just me.  I am a sucker for a big hook and memorable songs.  They are one of the few legit pro touring Christian rock bands left.  They had a great message too, which I loved.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 am

Disciple, Seventh Day Slumber, and Skillet are probably the biggest mainstream Christian rock bands right now.  Disciple, while being on Tooth n' Nail, have attached themselves a lot recently with Seventh Day Slumber's City Rockfest tour.  Skillet can still pack in a crowd whether they are doing a Christian show or opening for secular bands.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 7:53 am

I want to ask you if you only can order the new discipe CD on amazon and Apple?
I prefer to order the CD at an other online store.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 8:31 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I want to ask you if you only can order the new discipe CD on amazon and Apple?
I prefer to order the CD at an other online store.

The Disciple should be available through most retailers.  I would imagine that Girder Music stocks it.  Christian Music Distro might.  You can also try Disciple's site.  That's where I got mine.  Tooth & Nail's web store may also have it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 12:45 pm

For me to order the new Disciple CD on their website is not working.
I have to try one of the other stores to get the CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disciple. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disciple.   Disciple. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciple.
Page 1 of 1