Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Harbors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

Wild Harbors Empty
PostSubject: Wild Harbors   Wild Harbors I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Got to see them last night and chat with them after the show. Very cool! I am not a big concert-goer; I think this is the second Christian group I've seen live in the past decade. (Could be the parenthood phase: if I can't bring the kids I probably don't go.) So the give-your-email-for-a-download gimmick worked, and I'm thankful for it.

What I find unfortunate is that when these smaller acts tour the "church circuit" all too often the only people that show up are the parishioners of that church. I'm on their mailing list, and shared the event on FB, but my impression was that just about everyone else there already knew each other. Are Christians afraid to step into a different church building? Are people generally disinclined to go to an event hosted at a church? Do churches just do lousy jobs of promoting events? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Wild Harbors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild Harbors   Wild Harbors I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 6:04 am

Over 20 years ago I saw Scott Krippayne at a concert hosted by my church. Same as you described, it was like a normal church service because I knew everyone there. I don't remember there being a whole lot of promotion for it other than at church. Never heard a radio ad, never saw anything in the paper. I believe there were some flyers. 

It was an enjoyable show but to this day I couldn't tell you a single song by him. And if he were to walk by I would have no idea who he was.
Back to top Go down

Wild Harbors
Page 1 of 1