Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trippin' down memory lane

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Normaniac
Black Rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Trippin' down memory lane Empty
PostSubject: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Guardian captured lightning in a bottle on this one and The Rain is my favorite song on the album but there are no bad ones. Too bad they never really broke like Stryper did 'cause they had the chops and sound.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 6:26 am

cheers Rockin'
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 7:52 am

That album and Miracle Mile were the best of Guardian.  First Watch sounded too much like they were trying to be Stryper.  With the addition of Jamie on vocals, they found their sound.  Too bad they won't record that sound anymore.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:35 am

I always wonder why? It's what the fans want.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 3:18 pm

This was the first album I heard from this band.  I found a used copy of it in a music store around 2003/2004 (back when I was a relatively new Christian and new to any Christian hard rock beyond Stryper).  I fell in love with the album and it's still one of my favorites today.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Fire and Love is definitely a great album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 am

Great album! It may be the very first album that I ever got that I loved every single song. To this day, that's a rarity for me. That song in particular is one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:07 am

It also happened that that was the sound that was taking off in secular glam metal as well.  Yes, loved that bluesy metal sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trippin' down memory lane   Trippin' down memory lane I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trippin' down memory lane
Page 1 of 1