Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!

Go down 
+9
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
Black Rider
Staybrite
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Someone danced on THAT table???? Tippy much?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Someone danced on THAT table???? Tippy much?

Oh no, it was bolted to the floor (as was the other "dancing table")....you notice those kinds of things as a structural engineer.  Laughing  Also one of the male dancers hoisted each of the dancing girls up on the tables (and them got them down when they were done).  I commented to my wife later that none of the ladies who were dancers was any bigger than about 130lbs (60kg or 9 stone for our limey).  While all the guy dancers where at least 5'-11" and 180 to 200 lb and well muscled.  They tossed those lady dancers around like they were nothing.

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Told ya so  Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Told ya so  Razz

I knew I could count on you. Fight
lol!

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 5:37 pm

That's cool and Mickey has a great voice. Glad you enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Glad you enjoyed the show!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I am just tickled with how much fun it was (and my wife feels completely vindicated).  We both went online together today and got tickets for West Side Story in June.

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Glad you were man enough to apologize to her, and I'm not at all surprised that you enjoyed it though I know nothing of that play.

I've enjoyed nearly all of the musicals I've seen (at a nice dinner theater), but West Side Story was just so-so to me. While some I'd be fine with seeing some again, that isn't one of them.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:20 am

We got a really good deal on tickets for West Side Story.  They we're having a Valentine's Day special and got them for $29 a seat.  So if I end up not caring for it I won't feel like we lost out on much.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 9:55 am

West Side Story is just so unbelievable.  For a guy to go to a Hispanic neighborhood, yell out "Maria!" and have only one girl answer is utterly ridiculous  Mad
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 pm

West Side Story is just so unbelievable.  For a guy to go to a Hispanic neighborhood, yell out "Maria!" and have only one girl answer is utterly ridiculous  Mad
lol!

I will confess I've never even seen the film for West Side Story and only have half a clue what it is about.  My only exposure has been pop culture references of the story and this hilarious (but dated) spoof created by an 80's/90's local televised SNL style show (called Almost Live) that was quite popular for several years (at least in the greater Seattle area).  Just for reference Bellevue is a very upscale rich city just across the lake to the East of Seattle, and Factoria is the decidedly middle class city just south of Bellevue.  So the live musical will be pretty much just like this video clip, right?

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Musically and artistically, I love West Side Story.  When I taught it in my music appresh classes twenty years ago I described it as being an urban tale for people who thought the gangs in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video were too scary.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 1:31 pm

When you're a Jet you're always a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying day.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Xid wrote:
When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

Corrected  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Xid wrote:
When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

Corrected  Very Happy
Thanks!  Only saw that section of the movie once when I was just a wee lad.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 2:42 am

Staybrite wrote:
I will confess I've never even seen the film for West Side Story and only have half a clue what it is about.  My only exposure has been pop culture references of the story and this hilarious (but dated) spoof created by an 80's/90's local televised SNL style show (called Almost Live) that was quite popular for several years (at least in the greater Seattle area).  Just for reference Bellevue is a very upscale rich city just across the lake to the East of Seattle, and Factoria is the decidedly middle class city just south of Bellevue.  So the live musical will be pretty much just like this video clip, right?

Oh that phone is hilarious, Staybrite.... "Clinique Girl...🎵🎶 ...met you and my zits went awaaaaay..." lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oh that phone is hilarious, Staybrite.... "Clinique Girl...🎵🎶 ...met you and my zits went awaaaaay..." lol

I'm happy to see someone got a kick out of that.  Hey it was the early 90's....anyone rich enough to have a cellular phone had one of those Motorola "Brick" phones.  It was the height of cutting edge technology.  Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!   Help!  I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! I'm Being Forced to Watch a Musical!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3