Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The CD isn't dead yet!!!

Go down 
+6
Normaniac
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
Xid
Staybrite
alldatndensum
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The CD isn't dead yet!!! Empty
PostSubject: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Check this out!

http://loudwire.com/compact-disc-isnt-dead-yet/

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

Interesting article.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Interesting indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 am

Yeppers the peppers.
I like CDs so much more than digital buying music.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Great article. For years I've been saying that the gimmick of "100% digital" wouldn't cut it for very long. Humans are too drawn to the tangible. 
Digital is cool, it's compact and easily purchased with instant gratification.... it's also cold, without album info and art that you can hold in your hands, and can be easily lost or corrupted 99% faster than a fire can eradicate a physical collection. Not to mention how easily stolen digital files have been a bane on musicians far and wide.
Most of that is a matter of personal opinion, but I think adding many of those points with the power of nostalgia makes for a total certainty that physical media, in one form or another, will never die.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 10:21 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Great article. For years I've been saying that the gimmick of "100% digital" wouldn't cut it for very long. Humans are too drawn to the tangible. 
Digital is cool, it's compact and easily purchased with instant gratification.... it's also cold, without album info and art that you can hold in your hands, and can be easily lost or corrupted 99% faster than a fire can eradicate a physical collection. Not to mention how easily stolen digital files have been a bane on musicians far and wide.
Most of that is a matter of personal opinion, but I think adding many of those points with the power of nostalgia makes for a total certainty that physical media, in one form or another, will never die.

I think that might be part of the the reason for the revival of vinyl records.  Sure some of it is driven by they hipster mentality of "everything old is new again".  And then there is the nostalgia factor for those in their mid 40s and older.  But I think some of it might be a big "F#@k You" kind of backlash too the "digital only/physical format is dead" idea.  
You can have my CDs/records when you can pry them from my cold dead hands.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:44 am

Totally agree. As for those "hipsters" into old stuff as the "in" thing ? I'd like to see a fad of these hipsters go head over heels for things like old TV sets that took up half the living room, dial up internet, having ONLY reel-to-reel for listening to music, landlines only with dial phones and no cell phones at all, etc etc... let's see just how HIP these HIPSTERS really are  Razz
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Totally agree. As for those "hipsters" into old stuff as the "in" thing ? I'd like to see a fad of these hipsters go head over heels for things like old TV sets that took up half the living room, dial up internet, having ONLY reel-to-reel for listening to music, landlines only with dial phones and no cell phones at all, etc etc... let's see just how HIP these HIPSTERS really are  Razz

No microwave (have to reheat pizza and fried chicken in the oven or just eat it cold).
No DVR, Netflix, Hulu, etc.  Just a good old VCR machine you hope that you programmed correctly.

All that good stuff!

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 7:59 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
cheers
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I think that might be part of the the reason for the revival of vinyl records.  Sure some of it is driven by they hipster mentality of "everything old is new again".  And then there is the nostalgia factor for those in their mid 40s and older.  But I think some of it might be a big "F#@k You" kind of backlash too the "digital only/physical format is dead" idea.  
+ a trillion.

If it's an extremely pricey, rare, OOP vinyl, cassette, or disc, and it's more economically feasible,  I will buy the download to save boocoo bucks.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

No microwave (have to reheat pizza and fried chicken in the oven or just eat it cold).
No DVR, Netflix, Hulu, etc.  Just a good old VCR machine you hope that you programmed correctly.

All that good stuff!
Geesh, they're hipsters, not cavemen!
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:41 am

I doubt CDs will truly go away.  I remember there was a brief push for DVD Audio, but I think it was ultimately too much effort to make them worthwhile to consumers.  Now with digital files and streaming, I don't think there is really an impetus to develop a new physical media.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

All that good stuff!
Geesh, they're hipsters, not cavemen!

lol!   Well maybe the ones who also do the Paleo diet are.  Laughing

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

+ a trillion.

If it's an extremely pricey, rare, OOP vinyl, cassette, or disc, and it's more economically feasible,  I will buy the download to save boocoo bucks.

Same here.
However, this also brings up another point FOR physical media. As a physical media collector, the purchase and possession of certain albums bring the high probability that an album will become quite valuable due to circumstances such as a low number of pressings, how rare it becomes over the years, and whether it is signed by the band or not.
A purchased download is worse than a new car in that it doesn't lose a lot of value after you buy it, it loses ALL monetary value... You CANNOT resell it legally, and owning it has the same financial value as owning a jar of air.
I go to swap meets, thrift stores and yard sales often, and I'll see a CD or LP that I know, from my own research, has great value online. As an example, a certain vendor at our swap meet gets thousands of CDs in every week and I flip thru them as often as I can. He obviously does zero research on them as I have purchased for a mere dollar each, original titles like:
Detritus Perpetual Defiance, both early Seventh Angels, Believer Extraction, several 80s black metal and goth metal that I do not care for, and so on. All of which I have sold and made incredible profits on.  So much so that I made a believer out of my wife (who thinks collections are pointless) when I bought 12 CDs for 12 bucks and sold them that same week for a grand total of $92.00  Cool . By comparison, I could have bought those same 12 albums from an online download site for 7.99 to 9.99 each and that same week have nothing physical to show for and no ability to gain from them financially... ever. 

(Not sure how I got off on this, but there ya go  Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 2:32 pm

So you're saying that my jars of air from 1985 are completely worthless??  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
So you're saying that my jars of air from 1985 are completely worthless??  Shocked

Not unless you managed to capture air that had once been in the lungs of Michael Jackson, Prince or even Princess Diana.
But hang on to them just in case.  Nitrogen and Oxygen rich air might be worth something in 20 years or so.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 4:27 pm

The CD isn't dead yet!!! LE9cqo5Bit like dirt in Waterworld?!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Fundy wrote:
The CD isn't dead yet!!! LE9cqo5Bit like dirt in Waterworld?!

Exactly!  Thumbs Up

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Just like my older brothers, I can always count on you guys to take something silly I said and go with it until it's completely ran into the ground. I love you guys  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Just like my older brothers, I can always count on you guys to take something silly I said and go with it until it's completely ran into the ground. I love you guys  Laughing

It's a sickness really. There are like 9 class clowns on this board all competing with each other to see who can get the biggest laugh.

In my mind, I'm always the winner!  lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 7:48 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

We are more like these guys!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 6:41 pm

If I may quote MAD Magazine... "Blecchh!"   lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 6:26 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
If I may quote MAD Magazine... "Blecchh!"   lol!

I am SO gonna try to work that into a conversation somewhere at school this week!

I am glad the CD isn't dead.  Both of the ones I recently bought worked just fine!!!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

It's a sickness really.

The CD isn't dead yet!!! Is-sarah-disturbed-no-but-she-is-down-with-the-sickness
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 11:53 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

We are more like these guys!

You're not suggesting he should kiss us are you???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CD isn't dead yet!!!   The CD isn't dead yet!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The CD isn't dead yet!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: