Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... Empty
PostSubject: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:06 pm

So Valley of the Kings was released only two months ago but we are well underway on our next project. Music is composed and recorded for 6 songs (and one of them is 12 minutes long, so I hope you'll go along for that ride)! Still months away from release but I figured I'd share a sample because I like to share Smile

This time we're bringing it back to full on Christian METAL ( and some hard rock Headbang )

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:23 pm

SLOW DOWN!!! I still haven't picked up Valley of Kings Yet!!!  Laughing

At this rate people are going to start comparing you to Micheal Sweet and claim that you are just in it for the money.  Wink
New material sounds fantastic, I just love that guitar tone.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Sounding good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Staybrite wrote:
SLOW DOWN!!! I still haven't picked up Valley of Kings Yet!!!  Laughing

At this rate people are going to start comparing you to Micheal Sweet and claim that you are just in it for the money.  Wink
New material sounds fantastic, I just love that guitar tone.

You mean all of the money we make from the Russian hackers who steal our albums and post them for free everywhere online within hours of us releasing it? Or the 0.09 cents we get from each Spotify stream?

Realization #1 if you are thinking of getting into the music business...do it because you love it and NOT for the money. 

All kidding aside though, I'll tell you something that really motivated me. Valley of the Kings is a great story. I'm so proud of Jen and the amazing lyrics she wrote to tell it. It's really about a woman who overcomes the odds and attains the highest accomplishment possible in her time. Women have been oppressed so much over the centuries and even still today in some cultures. We just loved this story of how one woman could be all she could be so many years ago. So yes this record was a departure from 'Christian Music' but by no means is it offensive. If anything it helps bridge a gap between cultures. At least that has been our experience interacting with fans on Facebook.

But.. we get these emails from folks from time to time and one in particular just really put this whole music thing in perspective for me. The email was in reference to our album Beyond the Gates and how it helped this individual get through a really difficult time in his life. This type of thing inspires and makes you want to write more! So I waste no time dude. I pick up the guitar and write music, ship it off to Jen and the next thing you know we're knee deep into a new project.

Also, I do share here prematurely Smile I can't help it. I like feedback. As I mentioned, this project is months away from completion for sure. Oddly for us writing and recording the music is sometimes the easy part. Lyrics, vocals, mixing, mastering, and an entire overhaul of our website and social media pages to reflect the new album direction and artwork all takes A LOT of time.

So...while you're waiting listen to VOTK and BTG Smile and PB, JC, and BC and Da BBB!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:04 am

Sounds great!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:05 pm

JLE3 wrote:
You mean all of the money we make from the Russian hackers who steal our albums and post them for free everywhere online within hours of us releasing it? Or the 0.09 cents we get from each Spotify stream?

I do hope you realize I said that totally tongue in check.  I understand a vast number artists never even recoup their own monetary investments into their music, let alone actually see any kind of measurable profit from their endeavors.  So it better be done for the love of the music.

JLE3 wrote:
But.. we get these emails from folks from time to time and one in particular just really put this whole music thing in perspective for me. The email was in reference to our album Beyond the Gates and how it helped this individual get through a really difficult time in his life. This type of thing inspires and makes you want to write more! So I waste no time dude. I pick up the guitar and write music, ship it off to Jen and the next thing you know we're knee deep into a new project.

That is absolutely fantastic!

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Staybrite wrote:
JLE3 wrote:

I do hope you realize I said that totally tongue in check.  I understand a vast number artists never even recoup their own monetary investments into their music, let alone actually see any kind of measurable profit from their endeavors.  So it better be done for the love of the music.

JLE3 wrote:

Oh yes I figured you were just busting me. As was I with my with the first part of my response. Lol.

But also I really like our pace. We are really building a catalogue here in a shorter time frame than a lot of artists. I mean if we were able to release the next record by October then  that would be three albums in one year. Probably not a pace we can continue forever but I do like the idea of having all of that material out there.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:54 am

JLE3 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
JLE3 wrote:

JLE3 wrote:

Oh yes I figured you were just busting me. As was I with my with the first part of my response. Lol.

But also I really like our pace. We are really building a catalogue here in a shorter time frame than a lot of artists. I mean if we were able to release the next record by October then  that would be three albums in one year. Probably not a pace we can continue forever but I do like the idea of having all of that material out there.
You keep crankin' them out, I'll keep buying them.
Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:22 am

messiaen77 wrote:

You keep crankin' them out, I'll keep buying them.

LOL. Love the support! It's a deal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...   New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New logo, new ideas, new tone, new music...
Page 1 of 1