Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The great Staybrite/GF team up !

Go down 
+11
crucifyd
Driven
messiaen77
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
kerrick
Normaniac
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Jen5
Guilty/Forgiven
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 am

Fundy wrote:
I'm 5ft 10, so does that make me the tallest, 'cause I don't feel that tall!

Gotcha beat by 4 inches, Small Fries!  lol! 

I get my height from my mom's side actually.  My grandfather (who I never knew) was the same height as I am.  My dad was only 5' 5" and my mom was 5" 9".  My brother is close to my height as he is around 5' 10" or 5' 11".  When we were younger, I got some of his hand-me-down pants.  Then, in the 8th grade I caught up to him.  By the end of my freshman year of high school, I was the size I am now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Driven wrote:
I'm 5'4", enough to make me feel kinda self-conscious. My current interest is a couple inches taller than me, but that doesn't seem to bother her.

That said, I'm glad you guys got to meet up. It seemed way overdue, given that y'all live on the same coast and all Wink

The trick to being short is to act big.  I have a big personality (often times obnoxious.... feel free not to do that), so often when people find out how short I am they are a little surprised.  I often hear people exclaim "I thought you where taller than that".  It's just something about being comfortable in your own skin and having a healthy amount of self confidence (or at least just faking it).  As you age you will probably grow to be a bit more comfortable with your height.  When I was a teen and in my twenties I was much more self conscious about it than I am now at 50. You will feel like a giant every time you meat a guy who is only 5'-2".  Very Happy

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 1:08 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
nobody asks to borrow your pants.

borrow your pants??? is that the bane of the big man?

Anytime the sail rips on a boat, or everyone at a party is in need of a replacement shade tent they always look at the big guys pants.  At least I do.

Last edited by Staybrite on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Fundy wrote:

You are a giant!!! (well at least compared to me)  lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:

You are a giant!!! (well at least compared to me)  lol!

He is a mini-giant! 

There is ONE advantage to being tall:  you can look down on everybody!  lol! lol! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Tall is a pain.

"Sorry, I know you're running late, but can you get that box down for me before you go?"

"Ouch, hit my head again" "Doh, and again"

62 pairs of pants and every shop in town visited. None of them fitted -- that actually happened.

Seamstress measures my back for a bride's maid dress and bursts out laughing..."I gather you've never bought a dress off the rack," she says with mirth. Grrr, so true and SO not funny. This AFTER my sister (who is 5'1") insisted on trying EVERY bridal shop in the hopes that we could find something to work. Grrr

Passenger in a mini..."ouch, could you please take the speed bumps more slowly?"

Passenger in a Volkswagen beetle. Ditto

Sports car...Ditto 

Flying in cattle class. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am

Jen5 wrote:
62 pairs of pants and every shop in town visited. None of them fitted -- that actually happened.

I do have a problem buying pants as a short guy.  I'm kind of "thick" for such a short guy and it is impossible to find an "off the rack" set of jeans pants to fit my girth that aren't also at least a few inches too long.  I really need like a 28 or 29" inseam, and it is impossible to find anything less than 30" (but usually longer).  If I had a decent sewing machine I would probably just buy all my pants to fit in the waist and hem the bottom seam to fit.  As it is now I can't wear any of my pants without shoes or else I end up walking all over the bottom few inches of pant leg.

Still better than having none of the pants being long enough, because at least they can be hemmed shorter.

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

You could just quit wearing pants altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 pm

KILTS!!!!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Xid wrote:
You could just quit wearing pants altogether.

I'm afraid I might lose my job if I just show up in my underwear!

alldatndensum wrote:
KILTS!!!!

Hmm, you just might have something there.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 3:02 pm

When I met Aldat , he was taller than I expected. He is taller than me,and I'm 6 ft 1. I figured he would be closer to my height.

Kilts, I could channel my inner Scottish highlander from my dads side of the family.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Quote :
When I met Aldat , he was taller than I expected. He is taller than me,and I'm 6 ft 1. I figured he would be closer to my height.

They don't call me Big Chris for nothing!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:32 pm

With the Pacific Island influence down here, men's skirts are quite common. Or, there's always the Australian short suit.    Suspect

The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 5395cc9feab8ea2e46e61435-750-611
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:33 pm

It's truly awful when worn with dress shoes and socks.   Hubba hubba  ....not!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:43 pm

It's horrid!!!!

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm

Yup.
But no hemming required
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Oh man I could never wear that....crazy kids these days.  Laughing

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

How about THIS one, Staybrite...        ROTFL

The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 Image
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Ok, that is just a full on skirt.... not a kilt (especially with the tulle).  Wouldn't be caught dead in anything like that!

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 pm

It's not tulle, those are chiffon panels over dress shorts. It's a thing....and I really don't get why
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 am

Jen5 wrote:
It's not tulle, those are chiffon panels over dress shorts. It's a thing....and I really don't get why

We have a word here in the southern part of the USA for a man wearing that.  We'd call him a "sissy".  Let me guess--guys are wearing those skirts with a man-bun, too?  Might as well give them a purse and call them a woman.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Jen5 wrote:

NO, NO, NO!     Just no.  Evil or Very Mad

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 6:45 pm

lol!

I think the blind guy has the best deal there
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 7:08 pm

I think I would rather wear tights than chiffon.... especially if I got to be in a Mel Brooks film.  geek

PostSubject: Re: The great Staybrite/GF team up !   The great Staybrite/GF team up ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The great Staybrite/GF team up !
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next