Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern Music.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Many modern rock bands are there now.
Some bands have the same sound.
Others surprise us with a complete different sound.
Or do you think the modern rock bands all have the same sound?
Or there are different sounds in the modern rock band?
Tell us what your thoughts are about the modern rock bands.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 7:21 pm

I definately think that there are modern rock bands with unique and original sounding material. But it seems they are few and far between. I think some diversity would help the genre, but more importantly would be vocalists that actually have singing talent.

afro

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 11:08 pm

This thread intrigued me. I think modern rock can be a very wide blanket statement that covers several styles of hard music nowdays. I hear bands like Nickleback, Disturbed, Black Label Society, Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance all called "modern rock" but none of them sound alike at all to me. I don't like most artists that get labeled "modern rock" but the ones I do like I tend to like a lot (like Nickleback and Daughtry). I like the bands that have singers that sound manly and not all "whiny".
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 5:50 am

There are many talented modern rock bands out there, but for me they're not intense enough. It's nice for a change, but I really couldn't keep listening to modern styled rock without also listening to alot of metal! They do sound samey to me, but alot of people have said that my music sound samey, so I guess it's just down to the listener!

Horde, Rob Rock and Petra do not sound the same, but people who don't like rock at all can't seem to notice the difference. Strange, but true!!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 5:06 pm

The one thing I dislike about modern rock bands is that they seem to bore me rather quickly. 90% of them sound the exact same. They all find that one catchy chorus that tends to sound great the first 20 times, but after that it just get's old. Metal bands have good music to go along with the catchy chorus's and that makes for a lot more enjoyment for me.
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 5:32 pm

I would agree that modern rock bands do get boring easier and quicker for me than metal bands.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:42 pm

I guess I am an exception to the rule. If find listening to any one style (metal or modern rock) rather boring. I can't stand just one or the other. I tend to be in either a metal or modern rock mood, but I usually listen to whichever I am on until I just need a change. Lately, it's been more of the metal kick, but I feel the tide shifting.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rageofcr

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 9:36 pm

I actually like going back and forth too. I just tend to get bored of modern rock easier and I probably go back and forth less often. I can't listen to one style of metal for too awful long without switching it up at least a little bit. I do have my preferred bands, genres and styles but every once in a while I have to break out some Frank Sinatra or something and get a change so I understand the shifts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern Music. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Music.   Modern Music. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Music.
Page 1 of 1