Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whitecross is done?

Go down 
+6
777rocker
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
Dynamis
Fundy
Stryped Forever
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Whitecross is done? Empty
PostSubject: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:12 am

This is a quote from their publicist when asked if Whitecross was going to be doing anything new in 2008.
Quote :
Well, you never know, but... I doubt WC will ever do anything again....
Scotty is retired... doesn't want to do it anymore. That's been the
case since 1987 was released in 2005....

WOW! That SUX! What the heck!
Scott was the one who kept WC going for all those years why throw in
the towel now? Especially after "nineteen eighty seven" was so good and
he sounded really good!

If indeed it is the end then Thank You for the great music you will be missed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 7:57 am

Well that's a bit of a blow. I thought they were going to do something with a hard rock/ modern kind of feel to it, and I was expecting it out sometime later this year.

If it's true that Whitecross has finished, then it's a sad day. But at least they went out on a high note.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:34 am

It is disappointing that Scott Wenzel decided to retire. That being said, perhaps Rex Carroll will record a project with a different vocalist (such as Rob Rock).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 8:42 am

Back when Scott worked on my CD, he said then that the music was already written and it was up to him to do the vocals. Maybe he just didn't have anything more to say. Perhaps he feels that he finished his musical mission for Christ and is happy painting houses and doing overseas missions.

I had hoped that there would be another WC disc (or several). These guys truly will be missed.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:09 pm

It was my hope too that Whitecross came with an new album.
This is bummer, it will be the end of one of the best bands in the Christian music.
Maybe the Legends of Rock is the last show Whitecross will do?
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 4:23 pm

I hope it's not because I nearly puked in Scott's car almost 11 years ago lol! <-true story!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 11:31 pm

777rocker wrote:
I hope it's not because I nearly puked in Scott's car almost 11 years ago lol! <-true story!

I don't think that would have made me quit music. Evil or Very Mad

But I would certainly think twice before letting you in my car!
lol!

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:33 am

777rocker, I hope Scott has forgotten this.
Back to top Go down
HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Quote :
Back when Scott worked on my CD, he said then that the music was already written and it was up to him to do the vocals. Maybe he just didn't have anything more to say.

Or perhaps he grew tired of the business. Christian music as a career is a tough game. Whitecross was fortunate enough to sign with some of the better labels of the day to take them as far as it did. Whatever he chooses to do I'm thankful for the music and the concerts, they were a highlight of my younger days.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm

I had a feeling this was the case. My feeling is that WhiteCross isn't the only one "retiring" for good. There has not been any news on the Holy Soldier front in about a year so I have a feeling that they have scraped thier plans as well. Looks like it is up to Guardian to get the ball rollin again as they are the closest (I think) to coming back. I think Rex will probably scrap any revival of WhiteCross even thou Joe Dokken would be a good fit. Then again we could get another "unveiled" with a new line up. I for one would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:23 am

There was a post on the Holy Soldier fan message board from one of the band members (Andy Robbins) not to long ago here it is.
Quote :
I have written almost an album worth of material and I am considering
recording it and collaborating more with the members of my Pink Floyd
tribute band as we have all expressed the interest in doing some
original stuff as well. I would love to get it recorded and available
soon. I have been collaborating a little with Pete Loran of Trixter and
also Brandon Reid on a few my tracks. Of course I have Michael Cutting
on guitars! I have spoken with some other musicians who I would like to
be involved who have all expressed interest in being apart of it. I
hope to start nailing production down to some extent in 2008. But my
live shows have me busy!

In all honesty though I do not see
another Holy Soldier release happening at this point, but I never close
the door when it doesnt hurt to leave it open. But it is highly
unlikely.
Steven Patrick has pretty much said the same thing that he is doen with HS.
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever

Stryped Forever

PostSubject: Whircross is done... :-(   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:26 am

Looks like Whitecross is done as well. Here is a quote from WC former promoter for the last 3+ years!

Quote :
I'm going to answer some of the questions posted here in this thread and try to explain what's been going on.

First of all, I'm not sure if I could even be considered their publicist or not. I took care of the Whitecross forum and was asked to do their promo work for Nineteen Eighty Seven. That's what got me started in all the music industry in the first place. I was basically the only person between the band and the fans. My most recent work with the band was releasing press releases about the Cornerstone '07 shows with the permission of Rex.

When I was taking care of the Whitecross forum I took care of the fans and did my best to keep it going. I was contacted by Greg and was made the admin. I was then asked to do the promo work for the band. I fell in love with the promo work, and once that was done (although I wasn't finished!) Greg deleted my girder email account and wouldn't let me do any more promo work with the band. I never did get an explaination why.... my emails to Greg were ignored. He told me it was just a band and I cared too much, and that Whitecross was done. When the forum later on got hacked, he did not want another forum put up, but I pretty much left him no choice. So he gave me one to build. However, it was so outdated and the problem with hackers/spammers was such a problem ... not to mention half the time the website was down and very few were posting, so I recently let it go since I'm busy with other work now. So that should explain the Whitecross forum situation.

The band.... I never talked to Scotty personally. The info I have of the band came from the fact that Rex and I were close friends. In the early days of the Whitecross forum there were "Scotty loyalists" who always seemed to put the band's breakup on Rex.... and many had the idea that if anything went wrong it was Rex's fault. It was in fact Scotty that moved to Nashville and made recording "High Gear" very difficult. True, that Scotty did continue on for a little while longer, that may have had to do with the fact that there was a recording contract, not sure.

The re-recording of Nineteen Eighty Seven wasn't easy with Scotty either..... he flew in for maybe a couple days and did vocals then left.

I have a cd that Rex had given me of two songs he wrote for the "new" Whitecross cd, he had that done way over a year ago. Rex went to Nashville to work with Scotty.... but Scotty was busy with work.

There has been alot of "hush hush" on info about Whitecross.... and I admit it's not normal for a band to be so quiet about everything.... but that's how it was wanted, because even the band didn't even know.

As far as replacing Scotty..... don't know if loyal fans of Whitecross would go for that... and even so there might be some legal problems that could cause... so....

All this is really one sided, because we have not heard from Scotty himself. If many of you remember, it was Rex who was on the forum and he could only speak for himself. So we don't really know what Scotty's thoughts are or his reasons.... I do know that he wants to put his family first.

Also, Scotty does like to wait for "inspiration" and what God is leading him to do or write about...

For those of you there are C Stone '07 it wasn't hard to notice that Rex and Mikey were hanging out, while Scotty pretty much kept to himself. And their show at C Stone wouldn't have even happened if I hadn't gotton the ball rolling by talking to Doug Van Pelt myself, which was after the fact that I had talked to Gary (intense radio/sanctuary stage) and got WC set up for that stage, which Rex wanted the HM stage... so that opening at the Sanctuary Stage was still open so Rex used it for his Sessions band...

There was to be scheduled a show in Guatemala last October, but again, not all the band agreed to it. I have no idea if the Germany show will still be on or not... I don't really ask questions concerning the band...

So in all reality, will Whitecross do another album? Your guess is as good as mine.... but you never know.

This is really all I know.... and the only reason why I'm even saying anything (this is my first and only time I will publicly) is so that there won't be any false rumors flying around.

The Whitecross Official Myspace that I had going very well over a year ago that I deleted was due to the fact that when Whitecross got scheduled for Cornerstone 07 Greg decided he wanted control of the Whitecross Myspace although Rex had given me permission to create and run it ... (both Rex and I took care of it) . I didn't want to give it over to Greg... and it was creating major problems, so I just deleted it rather than giving it to him. This mess was going on while Whitecross was preparing for their Nashville gig... and I felt that Rex should concentrate on preparing for the show rather than be caught be in the middle of a myspace fight over control. My intensions were to create another one, but Greg wanted his own. So he is the one doing the now Official Whitecross Myspace.

Hopefully this will explain alot and put an end to all the confusion.

Candi
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 am

Now this is going on with Whitecross I hope they won't cancel their show at the Legends Of Rock in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Wow, They did put out some great uplifting music that still is relevant today, but would rather have him honest and not want to do it and then force the music out... Who knows maybe down the road ..... If Deliverance can put out another Metal album then anything is possible

Always loved the ORIGINAL S/T Album
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockcityonline.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitecross is done?   Whitecross is done? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitecross is done?
Page 1 of 1