Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Random Ramblings - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:30 am

ishmael81 wrote:
Why is it that when you tell God "Yes" everything around you conspires to stop you?

Right fhwre with ya', man.  It seems insane to try after a while.  Insanity is just doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  Why even try anymore?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:55 am

Not quite what I meant but I don't think you need duplicate replies from me.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Check out my new shirt!

Random Ramblings - Page 14 16831924_10212135402330119_7143665817245007233_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Sweet!! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:03 pm

Fantastic shirt!  Headbang

Xid

Number of posts : 5520
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks!  I had it made so there are only 2 like it in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Xid wrote:
Thanks!  I had it made so there are only 2 like it in the world.

Kewl!

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Ministry sometimes involves serving hot chocolate and Rice Krispies to more-or-less sober students late in the night. It also sometimes involves handing out hot dogs to students on their way to or from class, and inviting them to chill in the building (or around the propane-powered heater). That, in turn, sometimes involves putting out your back by breaking ice and shovelling snow out of the area you'll be serving from. I'm tired, and mildly wet, but rather pleased.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:19 am

Driven wrote:
Ministry sometimes involves serving hot chocolate and Rice Krispies to more-or-less sober students late in the night. It also sometimes involves handing out hot dogs to students on their way to or from class, and inviting them to chill in the building (or around the propane-powered heater). That, in turn, sometimes involves putting out your back by breaking ice and shovelling snow out of the area you'll be serving from. I'm tired, and mildly wet, but rather pleased.

If my church doesn't learn this, then they will be doomed to become an old person's church and die.  Whoever our new pastor is is going to have to push them to get up regardless of age and SERVE someone.  If we aren't serving, the Great Commission probably isn't being done either.  I have heard it said that less than 10% of we Christians ever share our faith with someone else.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9959
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm

I think the biggest tragedy of the New Millennium...

Co-Ed Baby Showers !

Who's freakin' idea WAS this ???  What do men have to offer at these 100% estrogen fueled events ??
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 am

I went to one for our first kid (way back in 1993) and it wasn't that bad.  Of course it helped that there were at least 4 other guys there.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Last year I've had the first baby shower.
In April there's one baby shower for my second grandchild.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 3:31 pm

I was dragged to my first co-ed shower for my niece. My wife ended up smacking my arm multiple times as I began to mimic all the women in the room every time she'd open a present... "Awwwww"

I figured, well, instead of just sitting there staring off wishing I was elsewhere, I decided to participate. So I'd just do whatever the women did. Secretly I was hoping to get sent home and/or never be invited to another one in the future.

Alas, my son's GF invited us both to their co-ed, and my daughter will also be having a co-ed. IMO kids today just have both men and women so they can get more gifts, cuz there sure as heck ain't nothing else we can offer or bring to these boring things !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 pm

A separate thread on Randy Rose jogged my memory about an old experience that was trippy.

Back in 1991 I was living in San Bernardino (to attend college). I had a little Honda Prelude that I put Christian stickers all over the bumper and back window.
One day I was driving to work and this random dude on a motorcycle pulled up next to me at a stop light and, motioning for me to roll down the passenger window, he said "you a Christian ?!" I said yep ! He says "can you pull over for a sec ?" I was a little weirded out, but since it was a busy area, I figured, why not. Long story short, he was a new believer too, and wanted to show me his brand new CDs of Mad At The World. He opened a pouch on the back of his cycle and pulled out their first 3 albums. He went on to talk about how awesome they are. I humored him - I mean, I love music, but I don't pull people over to show them my music... haha ! Thought that was a weird experience.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:28 am

It probably spoke volumes to him that you were willing to pull over. Funny story, though.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 pm

It's funny how when you're sick, people are so quick to give unsolicited advice. I have a viral respiratory infection (which is not fun) and I've had at least 8 people tell me 8 different medications that will help me feel better. Thanks but I'll just take what the doctor recommended...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:02 am

ishmael81 wrote:
It's funny how when you're sick, people are so quick to give unsolicited advice. I have a viral respiratory infection (which is not fun) and I've had at least 8 people tell me 8 different medications that will help me feel better. Thanks but I'll just take what the doctor recommended...

Have you tried this one herb ...  What a Face
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 am

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

No, it's not legal in Missouri...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 11:57 am

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

ROTFL
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:14 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Have you tried this one herb ...  What a Face

Oops. Believe it or not, I was NOT referring to THAT herb. I was attempting be funny by suggesting you try a home remedy, the very thing you indicated you are tired of (everyone suggesting something). Looking at it now, particularly after your response, I see that my statement had two meanings. Oy vey.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Have you tried this one herb ...  What a Face

Oops. Believe it or not, I was NOT referring to THAT herb. I was attempting be funny by suggesting you try a home remedy, the very thing you indicated you are tired of (everyone suggesting something). Looking at it now, particularly after your response, I see that my statement had two meanings. Oy vey.

No worries here. I figured that's what you meant but as you said, your comment could be taken two different ways. I chose the lowbrow one in order to make a joke... Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm

That herb is very legal in this state, however my son posted a picture of it on a public facebook group and he was banned from the group for it.  Oddly enough his post was in response to a thread that I found more offensive than his response....

Sorry for being so random...but this is the RR thread.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Quote :
however my son posted a picture of it on a public facebook group and he was banned from the group for it.

Ridiculous. I think America leads the world in ignorance and mis-education
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:50 pm

"I'm so glad I learned about parallelograms instead of taxes. It's coming in handy this parallelogram season"

My mom is showing me how to do taxes, which involves the challenge of doing provincial taxes for another province (I live in Québec, she's only ever done Ontario). Some of the forms are arcane, and make us bewildered. But, I have an idea now of how to do taxes, at least as a student. cheers
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 am

Aww, Driven's all growed up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next