Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weight Loss Support Group

Go down 
+8
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Pro-Zak
MikeInFla
Samson
Staybrite
messiaen77
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:40 pm

I have a co-worker selling that crap.  She is too blind to see that the Spark she drinks every day contains more caffeine than a regular soda.  She isn't getting more nutrients and getting a spark from that.  She is just getting a caffeine jolt that will wear out her heart.

Advocare is just a Christian-ized multi-level marketing scheme that amounts to a barely legal pyramid scam.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23444
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 3:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I have a co-worker selling that crap.  She is too blind to see that the Spark she drinks every day contains more caffeine than a regular soda.  She isn't getting more nutrients and getting a spark from that.  She is just getting a caffeine jolt that will wear out her heart.

Advocare is just a Christian-ized multi-level marketing scheme that amounts to a barely legal pyramid scam.

I'll let you know what I think of it.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:47 am

How's it coming along? I haven't been able to get any exercise in this week other than Monday but it has been a busy week at work. Have been walking over the entire facility since Tuesday so I have gotten a lot of steps in. Probably walked 3-4 miles each day since Monday anyway walking to the other departments (our facility covers over 500 acres). Here is part of it and as you can see it is a big place.

Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 Mill-pictures-013

No, that's not smoke coming out of the stacks, it's steam (people ask about it it sometimes and it isn't pollution). So when I can't work out I try to walk around a few times a day to burn calories.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 am

Well, after crashing and burning recently, I've apparently decided that the best course of action is to spiral out of control.  Back on the wagon now.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:34 am

Still spending time walking around the plant but haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday. At least I have been walking several miles every day.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:40 am

Well, I've lost about 6 pounds in the last 3 days. My secret? I've had a severe sinus infection and possibly strep throat and have no appetite. Since this time Monday, I've eaten very, very little. Today, in fact, I've eaten nothing.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Well, I've lost about 6 pounds in the last 3 days. My secret? I've had a severe sinus infection and possibly strep throat and have no appetite. Since this time Monday, I've eaten very, very little. Today, in fact, I've eaten nothing.
Hey that's a pretty good diet plan that a person can stick to! Where can I find it?
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
Hey that's a pretty good diet plan that a person can stick to! Where can I find it?

My advice is to try a 3 step process:

1. Move to an area where you can experience all 4 seasons in 7 days. St Louis is perfect for this. Also, most places within 2 hours of the home of the best baseball team ever can provide this environment.

2. Use a Neti Pot twice a week to avoid any sinus infections.

3. When you're ready to lose weight, simply throw the Neti pot to the dog and let him chew, pee and poop all over it (most people throw the Neti in the trash at this point). Then sit back and wait for the magic to happen. For the average person, this takes anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. For me it was about a week. But hey, I'm on track to lose 10% that much quicker!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Quote :

I would never use a Neti Pot.  They have been proved to flush bacteria and allergens deeper into the sinus cavities where worse infections begin.  They've also had people literally drown from using them. 

I prefer a nice saline spray to just keep my sinuses moist.  That is what my allergy doctor recommended as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:54 am

I think I discovered a new weight loss plan yesterday. My bank informed me of some "suspicious activity" on my card. Upon further investigation, 3 purchases were attempted in Ireland, England and another location in the UK. All of them denied because my bank says they stop all overseas transactions (and they told me if I ever leave the country I need to let them know so they will allow such transactions). Here is what I find interesting - The purchase was attempted in Sweden but with an Orleans, Indiana mailing address. The "name" on the debit card was a Russian sounding name. That is what I find interesting that they went to great lengths to hide. I guess this is a common thing. Purchases were made for "adult entertainment". The operator on the phone rambled off some website to me. I asked her what it was and she did not know (just a generic name). So she went to the site and said "Oh my goodness, don't look it up it's adult in nature!".

So you are wondering how this is a diet plan? Well, my wife and I no longer have a debit card. I never carry cash, I only pay by debit. If they don't take debit I don't shop there. So for the next 10-15 days I have to be without a debit card. No debit card, no food. No food, no weight gain!

A big THANK YOU to the scam artist who took my debit card number.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 4:05 am

I have had that happen, Mike.  Mine bought something small from an online pet store in New York and then bought airline tickets to Iraq.  I am guessing that I unknowingly helped a terrorist get back home.

Luckily, I was informed a few months later that an arrest had been made.  So, sometimes they do catch these nasty little buggers.

As far as weight loss goes, I am depressed.  I just don't seem to be able to make the commitment I need.  I am wiping out daily and that makes me depressed.  Then, I just want to eat to console myself.  Then I feel worse and the whole cycle starts again.  I feel like a dang druggie who can't quit.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

I would never use a Neti Pot.  They have been proved to flush bacteria and allergens deeper into the sinus cavities where worse infections begin.  They've also had people literally drown from using them. 

I prefer a nice saline spray to just keep my sinuses moist.  That is what my allergy doctor recommended as well.
I've used one for years and never drowned 😜  I've also noticed when I don't use it is when I get sinus infections. Weird.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 6:45 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I have had that happen, Mike.  Mine bought something small from an online pet store in New York and then bought airline tickets to Iraq.  I am guessing that I unknowingly helped a terrorist get back home.

Luckily, I was informed a few months later that an arrest had been made.  So, sometimes they do catch these nasty little buggers.

As far as weight loss goes, I am depressed.  I just don't seem to be able to make the commitment I need.  I am wiping out daily and that makes me depressed.  Then, I just want to eat to console myself.  Then I feel worse and the whole cycle starts again.  I feel like a dang druggie who can't quit.
My case was some guy in Ft. Wayne using my card number to buy about $700 worth of XXXL clothes from Men's Wearhouse online.

As for the weight loss, I'm right there with you.  I was so psyched at the beginning of the week, but every day has just been an utter failure and I get to the point where I say screw it and dive right in.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

I think I am going to try a food journal.  I would have to write down everything I consume.  Maybe looking at it differently will help me to stick with it.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:18 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

I've used one for years and never drowned 😜  I've also noticed when I don't use it is when I get sinus infections. Weird.

Use it at your own risk.  I am serious about people literally drowning from using them.  My allergy doctor warns everyone to stay away from the Neti pot.  You can do the same thing with Ocean (or any generic brand) of saline spray from Walmart or any drug store.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 2:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Use it at your own risk.  I am serious about people literally drowning from using them.  My allergy doctor warns everyone to stay away from the Neti pot.  You can do the same thing with Ocean (or any generic brand) of saline spray from Walmart or any drug store.

Huh... Well, I'm a bit of a research nerd (reading abstracts of studies and so forth) so I know what I'll be doing this weekend (other than Bible study, church, family time and getting an oil change...).
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 9:01 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think I am going to try a food journal.  I would have to write down everything I consume.  Maybe looking at it differently will help me to stick with it.
I do really well when I do that, the problem is I lack the simple discipline to keep up with it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 6:13 am

I think that this is the only way, however, that I will be able to commit.  I want to write down what I eat, the mood I am in if I falter, and whether I notice an increase or decrease in hip/back pain.  This ought to help me identify foods I should eliminate or greatly reduce.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 am

Well, I just wanted to check in and say in the past three months I'm up 10 pounds, so clearly I'm not doing much of anything right.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:52 am

In the last two months I managed to whittle away about 8 pounds. But that's not all that great considering I am still at least 60lb over weight. At least I am heading in the right direction....just slowly.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 pm

I stopped trying to be an encourager because I seem to be stuck in the rut of going up.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 am

I know how you feel.  I felt hypocritical coming here saying all the stuff my head knows is right but that I can't translate into practical action.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 8:55 am

Don't feel bad Staybrite. Between being on vacation one week (right before Easter) and missing the next week of work because my gout flared up, I've gained about that much.

I don't know why this is particularly tough for me. I was vegan from September 1 last year to January 1 this year. That's when it all went downhill. I lost 45 pounds in that time and I've gained most of it back - though in fairness, it's not all from meat, cheese/dairy or eggs. I also started eating junk food again and drinking the occasional soda.

I keep reading about people who gave up sugar, coffee, booze and carbs and lost tons of weight and feel better and all that. I gave up coffee for Lent this year and haven't started drinking it again. I technically gave up booze too, since it causes my gout to flare up (side story - while we were in Kansas City on vacation I drank a six pack of Henry's Hard Orange Soda over the course of 2 days. the week I missed for gout flare was the worst flare up I've ever had.). Maybe I need to give up carbs and sugar too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:00 pm

ishmael81 wrote:

I keep reading about people who gave up sugar, coffee, booze and carbs and lost tons of weight and feel better and all that. I gave up coffee for Lent this year and haven't started drinking it again. I technically gave up booze too, since it causes my gout to flare up (side story - while we were in Kansas City on vacation I drank a six pack of Henry's Hard Orange Soda over the course of 2 days. the week I missed for gout flare was the worst flare up I've ever had.). Maybe I need to give up carbs and sugar too.

I suffered with my gout for a few years before my doctor finally gave me a daily medicine that keeps the worst of the flare-ups away.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Mine has offered that but she also said if I'm cAreful about what I eat that will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Support Group
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next