Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weight Loss Support Group

Go down 
+8
topshot rhit
rockerVu2
Pro-Zak
MikeInFla
Samson
Staybrite
messiaen77
alldatndensum
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Mine has offered that but she also said if I'm cAreful about what I eat that will help.

Mine told me that too. I quite alcohol, organ meats (not that I ever ate any), seafood/shellfish and beef....still had some horrific flare-ups.

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:08 am

Wow. It's interesting to me that different things can cause it in different people. Alcohol, beef, shellfish also cause flare ups for me, but so do eggs, spinach, and asparagus.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 6:22 am

I've been getting more and more depressed and less confident in a lot of areas as my weight decreases.  So, I decided to get back on the wagon.  Every day is a new day and a successful one gets a smiley face drawn on the calender.  For now, a particular weight is NOT my goal.  Just making it with successful days of eating low-carb and some exercises for 30 days is my goal for now.  Each goal will be met with a reward day (ice cream or pancakes).  So, I have ONE smiley face on the calender.  I want to just make it through today and earn another.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23443
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 11:33 am

One day at a time, and try not to beat ourselves up for falling off the wagon.

On a kind of funnier note I found the perfect weight loss plan....four days in the hospital where they don't let you eat anything for 3-1/2 days. I lost 12 pounds in just about a week. Oddly enough my relationship with food seems to have changed. I only eat a fraction of what I used to eat before, and for some reason I don't seem to "live to eat" anymore.....In all honesty I'm hoping to keep that attitude towards food and not go back to my "live to eat" kind of mentality.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm currently fasting (not as a weight loss tactic, but for clarity about some things) and Friday I'm starting a juice detox. I'll probably do 2 or 3 days of just juicing and then my wife and I are going back to a whole foods plant based diet.

From September 1, 2015 to January 1, 2016, I lost 46 pounds, just by only eating whole, plant foods. Since that time, I started eating animal products and allowed some junk food here and there and actually weigh more now than then...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Quote :
From September 1, 2015 to January 1, 2016, I lost 46 pounds, just by only eating whole, plant foods. Since that time, I started eating animal products and allowed some junk food here and there and actually weigh more now than then...

Mine is mostly from junk that I eat.  When I was losing weight in 2014, I went from 325 down to 258.  I ate any kind of meat that I wanted as I was doing a more low-carb diet.  I don't think that I want to ever just plants as food.  I enjoy a succulent steak from time to time.  I love bacon and sausage.  I love chicken and pork chops.  To deny myself of something that God has deemed "clean" seems pointless.  I do, however, believe that we can overdo anything and that moderation is key.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Mine is mostly from junk that I eat.  When I was losing weight in 2014, I went from 325 down to 258.  I ate any kind of meat that I wanted as I was doing a more low-carb diet.  I don't think that I want to ever just plants as food.  I enjoy a succulent steak from time to time.  I love bacon and sausage.  I love chicken and pork chops.  To deny myself of something that God has deemed "clean" seems pointless.  I do, however, believe that we can overdo anything and that moderation is key.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love bacon, pulled pork, burgers, chicken...

But, the more of that (and the junk) I eat the more inflamed I get and the more my gout flares up. Which increases my chance of diabetes, heart disease and all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight Loss Support Group   Weight Loss Support Group - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Support Group
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5