Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?

Go down 
+5
ishmael81
Follower of Jesus
Staybrite
Xid
Samson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? Empty
PostSubject: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 5:00 pm

I need to go brush my teeth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Maybe he just needs a cough drop.

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 2:56 am

[quote="Samson"]Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?[/quote]
I bet we'll hear one on the next Tourniquet album
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 1:08 pm

oh. my. word.

Who listens to and enjoys that crap? It is musical feces.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 am

I don't know guys -  I kinda like it...

Ok not really.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 pm

I don't mean to be "holier than thou" or judgmental here... but are we being too critical of someone's music?  I'm not saying it's good, but this was a Christian man making music to honor God with.  I believe he has since left the faith.  I dunno, I just imagine him stumbling upon this page and seeing these comments and being further assured in his decision to leave Christianity behind...

That said, Bodachi's Tourniquet comment made me lol.  ROTFL
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 12:56 pm

kerrick wrote:
I'm not saying it's good, but this was a Christian man making music to honor God with.

It would be curious to know if God found it honoring. Perhaps it is meant to be "groanings too deep for words" since I don't see how you could understand any words that may have been used. I could see where he may have gotten a lot of flack for his style that may have pushed him away from Christians.

Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Ah yes, the dying cow Very Happy  I have a couple of Agathothodion albums.  I believe he changed from the dying cow sounds to something else.  A dying giraffe or something like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:18 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
kerrick wrote:
I'm not saying it's good, but this was a Christian man making music to honor God with.

It would be curious to know if God found it honoring. Perhaps it is meant to be "groanings too deep for words" since I don't see how you could understand any words that may have been used. I could see where he may have gotten a lot of flack for his style that may have pushed him away from Christians.

If it was the best he could do, wouldn't that honor God? I'm pretty sure God could understand the words even thought we can't.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:20 pm

kerrick wrote:
I don't mean to be "holier than thou" or judgmental here... but are we being too critical of someone's music?  I'm not saying it's good, but this was a Christian man making music to honor God with.  I believe he has since left the faith.  I dunno, I just imagine him stumbling upon this page and seeing these comments and being further assured in his decision to leave Christianity behind...

That said, Bodachi's Tourniquet comment made me lol.  ROTFL

Interesting point Kerrick. I don't care for it but to be honest, it doesn't strike me as much different than other atmospheric black metal.

As I said above, if this was the best he could do, and he tried his hardest, I think it definately honored God. And I know if I put together some music, it'd be hard to put it out there for fear that it isn't good enough.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 pm

If someone is willing to forfeit their soul for eternity because of criticism of their music, then it's their choice and I grieve for that choice. But I'm not going to pussy-foot around and give him credit for trying. Sorry. This was utter rubbish. Music with words is meant to be understood. I get that not everyone understands every word sung in metal, but there is not a soul on Earth who could have understood that video above. God is not honored in confusion. While I do commend his desire to honor God, he has chosen a wrong way to do it. Just because someone's trying hard doesn't mean its honoring to God. Cain tried hard too, but God didn't find his sacrifice acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 pm

If that singer really left the faith because of criticism, it's a good thing he didn't get into pastoral ministry.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
If someone is willing to forfeit their soul for eternity because of criticism of their music, then it's their choice and I grieve for that choice. But I'm not going to pussy-foot around and give him credit for trying. Sorry. This was utter rubbish. Music with words is meant to be understood. I get that not everyone understands every word sung in metal, but there is not a soul on Earth who could have understood that video above. God is not honored in confusion. While I do commend his desire to honor God, he has chosen a wrong way to do it. Just because someone's trying hard doesn't mean its honoring to God. Cain tried hard too, but God didn't find his sacrifice acceptable.

I think there were two points being made and you combined them.

1. Kerrick said he thought this guy left the faith. He then stated that us being rude about something he made would only justify that further in his mind.

2. We both made the point that this guy, whether he's a believer now or not, was honoring God with his music.

Further, with all due respect, I think your comments are out of line. Yes, God didn't honor Cain's sacrifice but there's plenty of indication that it was rejected because it wasn't the best Cain could offer.

Do you honestly think something isn't honoring God based on our opinion of it? Are current worship songs acceptable to God or are hymns more His thing? What about when I tell God I don't have the words to praise him well enough? Does he just look at me like a slacker and insist I work harder? What if I told you that your work as a father/friend/employee/whatever wasn't good enough for God just because you're trying hard? Doesn't God look at the heart of man and not just the results of what he does? (Side note - I hope so, otherwise I'm screwed.)
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 4:03 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

I think there were two points being made and you combined them.

1. Kerrick said he thought this guy left the faith. He then stated that us being rude about something he made would only justify that further in his mind.

2. We both made the point that this guy, whether he's a believer now or not, was honoring God with his music.

Further, with all due respect, I think your comments are out of line. Yes, God didn't honor Cain's sacrifice but there's plenty of indication that it was rejected because it wasn't the best Cain could offer.

Do you honestly think something isn't honoring God based on our opinion of it? Are current worship songs acceptable to God or are hymns more His thing? What about when I tell God I don't have the words to praise him well enough? Does he just look at me like a slacker and insist I work harder? What if I told you that your work as a father/friend/employee/whatever wasn't good enough for God just because you're trying hard? Doesn't God look at the heart of man and not just the results of what he does? (Side note - I hope so, otherwise I'm screwed.)

1. Correct.  I have no idea why he left the faith but I highly doubt it was due to harsh criticisms of his music.  Rather, I was claiming that arrogantly and disrespectfully making fun of his music would only further feed his flame to continue distancing himself from people who call ourselves Christians and thus Christianity as a whole.  I know if my previous community spoke of me that way, I would want no part in ever coming back.  We're called to be ambassadors of Christ and condescendingly putting down someone's art doesn't fit well within that commandment IMO.  There's a big difference in saying, "I don't care for the vocals; it's not my thing" and that it's "crap" and "musical feces."  To stay on my soap box for a little longer... I believe that is one of the main reasons we've had so much trouble at CMR.  It's that kind of cruel, condescending, and downright mean attitude towards one another that causes the divisions; NOT the disagreeing part.

2. Yup.

3. Joshua, you get an 'amen' from me here too. I love you  FOJ, where do you draw the line?  With discernible vocals?  So instrumental worship is out it'd seem.  If the singer annunciates well, can black metal be honoring to God?  You say that in metal we often can't understand all the lyrics... but that's ok?  Again, where do you draw the line?  At 80%?  Or maybe 50%?  Now I know there are many people who would say that NO metal is honoring to God... and yet here we all are at a Christian metal forum.  Why are they wrong and you right?  Where is the distinction?
Back to top Go down
Samson

Samson

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Sigh.....

I did not post this to mock a guy's faith. Would it have been any different if I had posted a horrible secular music video? I'm just trying to have a little fun here.

I never saw anyone catching heat for poking fun at that Sonseed video that made the rounds a few years ago. And I think it's just as much horrible as the video I posted.

How about Scott Waters' NLTM page saying that Guardian's Bottle Rocket album sucks? I honestly can't imagine Jamie Rowe leaving his faith because of it. 

http://nolifetilmetal.com/guardian.htm
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

This thread makes me sad.  I could and probably should say more.  I think it would suffice to just close this now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
This thread makes me sad.  I could and probably should say more.  I think it would suffice to just close this now.

I agree

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?   Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder what a dying cow sounds like?
Page 1 of 1